Things to do in Baltimore, MD "We are back in ALABAMA!!"

Looks like you guys had fun! Well your kids! U've never posted a picture of yourself.. :rotfl2: You might not be having fun!:lmao:we will never know! LOL
Lauren looks very happy to have her Boyfriend here!!
Sorry about the almost accident Yikes... How scary! What area are you hitting down there tomorow? I can imagine how hot it was down there... it always seems that stone area of "the Mall" is always a 100 times hotter! ICK... I know I was dying here! I took a picture of my thermometer at 5 pm and it said 108!:scared1:
As for the DC cupcakes show... its ok... I don't like it as much as I like cake boss.. HA I don't think their creations are that good... I am sure they cupcakes themselves are delicious though!:thumbsup2... but they dont really have that artistic talent Buddy has on cake boss.. LOL
I also find their voices annoying. I am sure I wont be watching the show long term if it even last that long! HOw about you?

Looks like you guys had fun! Well your kids! U've never posted a picture of yourself.. :rotfl2: You might not be having fun!:lmao:we will never know! LOL
Lauren looks very happy to have her Boyfriend here!!
Sorry about the almost accident Yikes... How scary! What area are you hitting down there tomorow? I can imagine how hot it was down there... it always seems that stone area of "the Mall" is always a 100 times hotter! ICK... I know I was dying here! I took a picture of my thermometer at 5 pm and it said 108!:scared1:
As for the DC cupcakes show... its ok... I don't like it as much as I like cake boss.. HA I don't think their creations are that good... I am sure they cupcakes themselves are delicious though!:thumbsup2... but they dont really have that artistic talent Buddy has on cake boss.. LOL
I also find their voices annoying. I am sure I wont be watching the show long term if it even last that long! HOw about you?

I felt the exact same way about that show.:lmao: In fact, I didn't even watch the second one last night. They kind of got on my nerves. :rotfl2: It was so staged to me too, everything about it felt like it had been scripted or something. :laughing: The boy coming in, and all of that... seemed fake. As far as creations go, I guess it would be hard to do to do a lot with cupcakes, but I didn't like the dog that one time, or what they did last night. I bet they are yummy though. :rotfl2: I signed up to try to win some. :lmao:

As for the heat today, it was really bad. DH said he was feeling sick to his stomach (after the accident) when we were walking around trying to decide what to do next. I took frozen water bottles with us so that helped a lot. That reminds me, I need to freeze more for tomorrow. When we got back to my car it said it was 105 outside. :scared1: No wonder he felt bad. :eek: The kids were all red faced.

Was your DH glad to see you & the kids?:) I know my DH is alway sooooo sweet when he first gets home. Then it's back to normal. :rotfl2:

Well, you will not believe this but we are done with DC. Mike does not want us going back after the near death accident yesterday. If you had seen it on video, you would understand just how close it was. It really freaked him out. He said it's not worth it. He is still so mad about the bus driver not even letting up on the gas at all, like he didn't care if he hit someone or not.

I was a little ticked off at Mike but I understand because it scared me to death too. When I told the kids, they didn't even care about not going back. Can you believe that? I guess they had enough of museums, but I wanted to see the other things down there. It was just to hot to be out wondering around down there. So, now I have to come up with a new plan for Monday & Tuesday for the kids. I have no idea what we will do yet.

I have to be honest too, Mike hates it up here and this has a LOT to do with his attitude, and I think he is taking out his frustration by holding us back from doing to much. I don't know. He just hates the traffic, and that accident yesterday was the iceing on the cake. He likes smaller areas I guess, less people, less traffic. He HATES driving on the intersate and all of that so this is something else that's getting to him. I don't understand.:confused3

The kids and I, on the other hand, have had a blast seeing and doing new things and seeing new places. Everyone we have met has been so nice & friendly. I happen to love being able to get onto the interstate to get somewhere quick & the traffic has not bothered me at all, but I am not out during rush hour either. :laughing: I don't know, I will just be glad when we get him back home and get back to our normal life again. His stress is starting to rub off on me.:rolleyes1

OK, I got it out there, so now I feel better...:rotfl2: Please pray fo me.

I bet your family's first vision of a soft crab sandwhich was hysterical. I don't even eat them. The mustard part is iffy, even though it is what it is, its considered a delicacy here and some places even sell it bottled. :confused

Yikes about Lauren's near accident. That must've really scared you all. Too bad you didn't get the bus number, you could've reported it. :hug:

Your poor dh is probably stressed trying to get everything completed and may even be suffering from heat exhaustion. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your visit. For your hubby's sake you may just want to lay low and enjoy the places around you and definitly the pool.

I bet your family's first vision of a soft crab sandwhich was hysterical. I don't even eat them. The mustard part is iffy, even though it is what it is, its considered a delicacy here and some places even sell it bottled. :confused

Yikes about Lauren's near accident. That must've really scared you all. Too bad you didn't get the bus number, you could've reported it. :hug:

Your poor dh is probably stressed trying to get everything completed and may even be suffering from heat exhaustion. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your visit. For your hubby's sake you may just want to lay low and enjoy the places around you and definitly the pool.

Yes! The crab sandwhich was by far the funniest thing that has happend at dinner in a LONG time. :rotfl2: They are still talking about it. :laughing: When I told them about what you said, they FREAKED out!!:lmao: Even Zachs dad said that he has never had them like that before. He was the one who told them to try one. They took a picture of it and sent it to his dad. :laughing:

You are so right Mary, he is beyond stressed out, but he is thankful that he got to come up here and do this. He has enjoyed working with the people he worked with and he has made some new friends, and that's always nice. It's funny because they offered him a job here, but I can not move that far from my mom & and he can't handle the traffic. :laughing: What is even funnier is that he is building a brand new office soon, and it will only be 1 1/2 mile from our house. :rotfl2: Won't THAT be nice. :thumbsup2

I am about to take the kids to a movie in a little while over at White Marsh and come back & get a snowball then head to the pool. Hopefully they will like that. :lovestruc

I hope everyone has a great day today!!:flower3:

OH... after all of this... I think I need a Disney vacation!!princess:

Awe I am sorry your poor hubby is having a hard time. I am sure its hard being away from home that long. You leave Friday right?
How was the movie? What did you guys see?
Did you go to Vacacros yet in Hunt Valley?
Yesterday on my way to Swim at a friends in York, PA... I went through Hanover... which I normally don't do but I passed the FAMOUS WIENER... I have never noticed it... I nearly ran off the road!
Needless to say I thought of you! LOL
So anything planned for your last couple of days? Atleast the temp has gone down FINALLY! UGH!

Awe I am sorry your poor hubby is having a hard time. I am sure its hard being away from home that long. You leave Friday right?
How was the movie? What did you guys see?
Did you go to Vacacros yet in Hunt Valley?
Yesterday on my way to Swim at a friends in York, PA... I went through Hanover... which I normally don't do but I passed the FAMOUS WIENER... I have never noticed it... I nearly ran off the road!
Needless to say I thought of you! LOL
So anything planned for your last couple of days? Atleast the temp has gone down FINALLY! UGH!

Famous hot wiener!!::rotfl2: Don't ever stop there. :lmao:

We went to see the Karate Kid and it was great. I thought it was way better than the old one from years ago. Will Smiths son is cute. The song "Never Say Never" is one of Lindseys favorites because of Justin Beiber, or what ever his name is. She drives us CRAZY playing his music.:rolleyes1 We are always telling her to turn it down. I thought when we bought them each an itouch I would never have to hear that mess again, but they play it so darn loud, I can still hear it. I told them they are going to be hard of hearing when they are older.

We have decided to leave Thursday!!:dance3: Mike is working half of a day while I load the car. Zach will fly home that morning, and I will come back and pack the car up and get everything ready to pull out as soon as he gets home.

We will be driving to some place in VA for the night and the Friday morning we are going to Gatlinburg!! :cool1: We love it up there. :love: We will just be there for a day though because Sat we need to get home to my moms house. We are having a small family dinner there that night with my sister & her kids. Our children are VERY close and they have missed each other this summer.

So, tomorrow I will be busy getting everything done around here. It will almost be like moving!:rotfl2: You should see this place. We have stuff everywhere, and Mike bought things while he was here too, so we have to get everything together. Thank goodness we have two cars going home. Most everything will go in mine because his Honda wont hold as much.

We have not made it to Vacacros in Hunt Valley. Is that far from here? I was not sure which one would be closer to us so I kind of gave up on it. We may go over to Towson Mall today, just to get out of here for a little while but other than that, we don't have to much planned. The kids may go swim or something. I'm not sure yet. They are all still asleep!!:laughing: They were up way to late playing the wii.

Well, I am about to hit the shower & get this day started. Have a good one today!!:wizard:

Jenn- I noticed that you have a trip planned for Disney in like 9 or 10 months. Will that change because of the baby, or will you still be going? I just wondered because We MAY be taking Lauren for her Graduation at the end of May, if I can work it all out, or we may end up waiting until next Christmas, or we may do both. Not sure yet. We already have a Gatlinburg vacation booked for this Christmas as always, we go there every year, but I would LOVE to see Disney then too. I REALLY wanted to go this year but we have one thing after another happen so it wont happen. I really wish I had a money tree!:rotfl2:

Hunt Valley is closer to you than Towson! Instead of going to the mall today have lunch at Hunt V town center...they have lots of places to eat! If you get bored go to another movie! and then of course vacarros for desert!! :thumbsup2
Bunch of shops too! U can go the back way to hunt Valley or... take 695 towards towson but take the 83 NORTH exit... and go to hunt V... u can't miss it off 83! LOL

Jenn- I noticed that you have a trip planned for Disney in like 9 or 10 months. Will that change because of the baby, or will you still be going? I just wondered because We MAY be taking Lauren for her Graduation at the end of May, if I can work it all out, or we may end up waiting until next Christmas, or we may do both. Not sure yet. We already have a Gatlinburg vacation booked for this Christmas as always, we go there every year, but I would LOVE to see Disney then too. I REALLY wanted to go this year but we have one thing after another happen so it wont happen. I really wish I had a money tree!:rotfl2:

Oh Ya, we aren't going! I need to remove that! :lmao::lmao: I know people take newborns.. But I am NOT one of those people! LOL

Wow the end is really near for ya'll. Have fun your last couple of days and be careful. I don't envy you packing up. :scared1:

Hunt Valley is closer to you than Towson! Instead of going to the mall today have lunch at Hunt V town center...they have lots of places to eat! If you get bored go to another movie! and then of course vacarros for desert!! :thumbsup2
Bunch of shops too! U can go the back way to hunt Valley or... take 695 towards towson but take the 83 NORTH exit... and go to hunt V... u can't miss it off 83! LOL

Darn it! I wish I had known this. :laughing: We stayed here today because the kids slept late and I wanted to get some things done here so I guess we can venture out tomorrow for a little while. I may see if I can find it. :thumbsup2 One last adventure. :sad1: :laughing::laughing: Lindseys cell phone is messing up so I need to take it in and swap it out anyway before we leave.

Oh Ya, we aren't going! I need to remove that! :lmao::lmao: I know people take newborns.. But I am NOT one of those people! LOL

I never took mine until they were two, but lots of people do. It would be hard with two other children & a new born though. Unless you took some family members with you or had a Nanny to help. :rotfl2: I can't blame you for waiting, Disney will always be there and babies are more fun anyway. :love:

Wow the end is really near for ya'll. Have fun your last couple of days and be careful. I don't envy you packing up. :scared1:

I know Mary, and it's kind of sad. There are some things that I wish we could have done while we were here but we just couldn't for one reason or another. It is beautiful up here and there is so much to see and do that you could stay busy for a LONG time. I am going to miss it, but I am so ready to get back home to Alabama. It's home & always will be I guess. :love:

If anything good came out of this though, it is that my girls are super close now, and I am soooo happy about that. They have been really funny, doing each others hair and things like that. If we were at home they would have gone their own ways with their friends and such, ya know? They were forced into this.:laughing: Michael on the other hand... he's holding his own. :rotfl2:

Well, today is our last full day here in Baltimore. I just wanted to thank Jenn & Mary and everyone else for helping me through this. I didn't feel like I was alone up here, and that helped me get through this and made it fun at the same time. :goodvibes Jenn, you need to start a new thread so we can all keep in touch while you wait on the new baby to arrive. : That will be exciting!!:lovestruc Let me know what it is because I am horrible at finding them, I don't want to miss it. :laughing:

We are off to the mall. One last outing before coming home & packing up. :upsidedow

Enjoy your last day Carla. Glad I could help.

If Jen started a thread like that they would probably put in on the Community Board.

Enjoy your last day Carla. Glad I could help.

If Jen started a thread like that they would probably put in on the Community Board.

Thank you!! I have been busy thins morning getting everything ready. I was up at 3am to take Zach back to the airport for his flight back home. He has moved to another state so he couldn't ride with us. Anyway, we made it there & back before Mike left for work. :laughing: He should be coming home after lunch and we will be pulling out of here and headed to Gatlinburg, TN for a day before heading home.

Gatlinburg is Mike's favorte place, like Disney is to me. :rotfl2: I think this will be good for him.:goodvibes

I'll keep in touch as we venture home. Keep us in your prayers that our travels are safe and uneventful.

Talk soon. ;)
Carla

Wow, busy day. How did you all make out with the couple of bad storms we had today?

I had one car packed before the storm hit so I missed it, but I was going through a drive thru to get the kids some lunch when the big storm hit with the heavy rain. When I got back to the apartment, Mike was there sitting in his car waiting for it to stop. :laughing:It was horrible. Just after that it stopped raining just long enough to load his car and then we were out of there. :thumbsup2

BOO HOO... Ur gone!:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:
Hope you had a safe drive today!! Thinking about you!

Thank you Jenn. We just checked into a hotel here in TN. We are about an hour outside of Knoxville, so we don't have to far to go in the morning to get to Gatlinburg. The kids are looking forward to it.

We saw one bad wreck one the way. A big truck hit an overpass and his trailer was busted up bad and there was stuff all over the interstate. Thank goodness it was on the other side headed North, other wise we would have been sitting there a while because the traffic was backed up for miles. Hopefully no one was hurt. The cab of the truck looked fine, but the trailer was a mess.

I am going to bed! It has been ONE long day!!:laughing:

We made it to Gatlinburg!! We had lunch here today and went in a few stores before our room was ready. Now we are chillin out, getting showers and relaxing until we head back out in a little while for dinner and FUDGE!!:lmao: I can't come here without loading up on it.

We will be leaving here in the morning and headed to ALABAMA!! So we have about a 5 hour drive still. :sad2: We are going to my mothers, which is on our way home, so we will spend the night with her.:lovestruc She has been watching Libby Lu, my toy poodle, and I MISS HER SO BAD!! She is my little buddy. :love: I can't wait to see her, but I hope she remembers me. :upsidedow

It feels weird getting back to my regular life after being there for so long. Seeing things and places that I know after being almost lost for 6 weeks feels so good to me. :rotfl2: I do kind of miss it though. :laughing: We saw some amazing things while we were there. :cloud9:

Gotta run!! My son saw some toy that he is wanting to go back and get. I will never hear the end of it if I don't do it now. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter