Things to do in Baltimore, MD "We are back in ALABAMA!!"

I am here! I am here!
Sorry! Been insanley busy... My Hubby has been out of the country on buisness for two weeks! :scared1: I am home alone with the 2 and 5 year old:scared1:
then on top of it, two days before he left.. MY Daughters birthmom told us she is pregnant and wants us to adopt this baby! I never in a MILLION years planned on three kids... I didnt think it would be possible! So we are THRILLED beyond belief! I however gave away just about everything baby related! :rolleyes1:sad2: she still in her first Trimester so its gonna be a LONG WINTER! We must start a new thread to entertain me ! LOL
so which big mall? Tysons? Columbia or towson.. LOL

I am here! I am here!
Sorry! Been insanley busy... My Hubby has been out of the country on buisness for two weeks! :scared1: I am home alone with the 2 and 5 year old:scared1:
then on top of it, two days before he left.. MY Daughters birthmom told us she is pregnant and wants us to adopt this baby! I never in a MILLION years planned on three kids... I didnt think it would be possible! So we are THRILLED beyond belief! I however gave away just about everything baby related! :rolleyes1:sad2: she still in her first Trimester so its gonna be a LONG WINTER! We must start a new thread to entertain me ! LOL
so which big mall? Tysons? Columbia or towson.. LOL

OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am soooooo happy for you!!:hug: Now we have a new thread topic!!:rotfl2: This is wonderful news. I have to tell you that I never planned on three either but it was the best thing that I ever did. :love: With Lindsey & Lauren being so far apart, I didn't have anything left because over the 5 years, I gave so much away. Lindsey was still in her crib when I got pregnant with Michael and since he was a boy, I had to get all new things. It's fun though, now you will really have something to shop for. :rotfl2:

We have been sitting here in the apartment watching Discovery Health, because we dont have it at home, and we have seen SO many baby storys. It has almost made me want another one!!:rotfl2: ALMOST!!:lmao: I'm to old now, I keep thinking Lauren will be having a baby in the next 10 years or so, so that's good enough for me. :lovestruc It would be nice though, they are sooooo sweet!!:cloud9:

The kids want to go back to Towson Mall. We rushed through last time so we want to take our time this time. :)

I am very excited! I just can't believe it... cause I literally in the last few months and weeks have been giving away perfectly good stuff! AHHHHH owell... it will give me something to shop for!
I don't know if you like Pandora... but can I tell you... I did an ENTIRE bracelet while my husband has been gone! LOL I went to the mall just to add a few charms to DD and My bracelet and ended up buying a completly new bracelet and 24 charms!:lmao::lmao::lmao: My husbands never leaving the country again after this I bet! LOL
The first week he was gone I redid our bedroom bedding in Pottery barn and Crate and Barrell... he has a lot to come home and check out thats for sure! :lmao:
I LIKE discovery health...the baby storys... right now I am watching tlc the little couple, there is absolutly nothing ON! Waiting for Primetime to come on at 10....
So which mall are you headed too? My daughter has Princess camp this week, so her princess recital on friday should be Precious!

Duh just saw Towson town, I must be blind! Hey u can go into pandora!

I saw that store when we were there last time but I didn't go in. I may have to check it out. I hate to spend any money on me right now though with the kids needing all new everything for school that's about to start. With that & the recent hospital bill, Mike would KILL me!!:rotfl2:

Once the dust settles when we get home I am going to re-do my bedroom too. I just painted it and the master bath before we came up here so now I want new bedding. We are hoping to move sometime this next year so I want everything looking nice, new & clean. :rotfl2: We have a lot to do to get ready to sell the house though. I just dug up all of the old shrubs out front & we are going to relandscape it when we get back. I called a guy out to give me a quote and he wanted 5K!! Insane!!:scared1: I'm just going to do it my self for under a thousand. :thumbsup2

This is the first time since we have been here that ALL THREE of my kids are asleep... and it's only just after 11pm!! :cool1: No joke, they are having to sleep in the den on a pull out sofa & a twin blow up matress. They have been staying up, NO JOKE, ALL night on the computers and texting their friends. Then they want to sleep all day.:rolleyes1

I told them that I am going shopping tomorrow and if they want to come they BETTER get their butts to bed. :rotfl2: I also took the laptops & cell phones. :laughing: Hopefully when Mike gets up in the morning thay won't be on the Wii. They "fake sleep" when Mike comes in, then poke each other to make someone laugh. KIDS!:rotfl2: Then he gets mad because he thinks they need rest. Of course they have been sleeping all DAY!!:laughing: It's going to kill them when school starts back. :rolleyes1

Do you know of a good Mexican place by that mall? We have been craving it, but we have not found a place yet that we have just loved. :upsidedow

I am not big on Mexican so I don't know the good places... I do LOVE CHIPOLTE though! :rotfl2:
Oh I hope you go in Pandora... they sell it all over the world...so if you start a bracelet.. U can buy it EVERYWHERE!
I have made a monster out of my daughter and her Pandora bracelet... LOL
When does ur husband go back? You guys should move to Maryland... since you want to sell your house anyway! LOL JK

I am not big on Mexican so I don't know the good places... I do LOVE CHIPOLTE though! :rotfl2:
Oh I hope you go in Pandora... they sell it all over the world...so if you start a bracelet.. U can buy it EVERYWHERE!
I have made a monster out of my daughter and her Pandora bracelet... LOL
When does ur husband go back? You guys should move to Maryland... since you want to sell your house anyway! LOL JK

We all leave next Friday morning together. :goodvibes I think we are all ready to get back home. :laughing: It has been fun though, like an extended vacation for me, but he hates the traffic and all of that. His office back home is only three miles from our house so he is spoiled to that.

He is up for a promotion, hopefully soon, so we are just waiting on that. We have lived in Raleigh, NC & Lexington, KY and he said that we would try to stay in Alabama from now on. My family lives about an hour & 1/2 from us and we are very close so I don't want to move to far away from them again. It's just to hard.

Soooo, do you know the due date for the baby yet? princess: Will you find out what the baby is? Boy or girl? I couldn't stand it, I HAD to know as soon as I could. :rotfl2:

We went to the mall today and it was fun. We just didn't see to much at all that the kids wanted. Can you believe that?:rotfl2: I guess we will just wait until we get home and go shopping there. We did try the cup cakes at the cupcake stand and they were GREAT!! They were the best that I have ever had in my life. I may have to get some more. :lmao:

Speaking of cupcakes, I think we are going to try to find DC Cupcakes while we are there. I think it's in Georgetown, right? With the new show coming out, I think that would be neat. I will be planning everything tomorrow for or DC trip this weekend. Laurens boyfriend will fly in Friday afternoon. She is getting excited.:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Today is a new day and it just hit me that I am NOT ready for this DC trip. I wish I could afford a tour guide. :rotfl2: I have been looking around the different web sites and I know what I want to see & do, I just don't have a CLUE where everything is and if we will even be able to get in. Some places have advanced tickets, and they are all gone now. I just don't know and I am really stressed about it. I think I need a snowball to calm my nerves. :lmao:

When all else fails, go to nearest Metro stop with parking, park car and get on the Metro. Get off at the Smithsonian stop. Go to museums, making sure to do the Air & Space -- best of all, they're all free. :goodvibes

We all leave next Friday morning together. :goodvibes I think we are all ready to get back home. :laughing: It has been fun though, like an extended vacation for me, but he hates the traffic and all of that. His office back home is only three miles from our house so he is spoiled to that.

He is up for a promotion, hopefully soon, so we are just waiting on that. We have lived in Raleigh, NC & Lexington, KY and he said that we would try to stay in Alabama from now on. My family lives about an hour & 1/2 from us and we are very close so I don't want to move to far away from them again. It's just to hard.

Soooo, do you know the due date for the baby yet? princess: Will you find out what the baby is? Boy or girl? I couldn't stand it, I HAD to know as soon as I could. :rotfl2:

We went to the mall today and it was fun. We just didn't see to much at all that the kids wanted. Can you believe that?:rotfl2: I guess we will just wait until we get home and go shopping there. We did try the cup cakes at the cupcake stand and they were GREAT!! They were the best that I have ever had in my life. I may have to get some more. :lmao:

Speaking of cupcakes, I think we are going to try to find DC Cupcakes while we are there. I think it's in Georgetown, right? With the new show coming out, I think that would be neat. I will be planning everything tomorrow for or DC trip this weekend. Laurens boyfriend will fly in Friday afternoon. She is getting excited.:rolleyes1 :laughing:

oh I am so jealous of the cupcake place! Get lots of pictures of that!!
Todays the big boyfriend day! Your DD must be so excited! Is he driving back with you guys too?! Thats gonna be a crowded car! Hope its a big car! LOL
:laughing:
We do plan on finding out the sex of the baby! Can't wait!! Whats up with Dr's not letting you come in for your first appt until your 10 weeks pregnant? She couldn't get in until august 3rd... but the dr suspects she is 10 weeks now... so 12 then... so possibly the end of August we could no the sex!! That will Make it feel more real I think!
Have a great time in DC! If you go to Georgetown Cupcake... I expect a BIG picture of you and all your kids in the front of it!! I will be SOOOOOO JEALOUS! LOL ENJOY!!

oh I am so jealous of the cupcake place! Get lots of pictures of that!!
Todays the big boyfriend day! Your DD must be so excited! Is he driving back with you guys too?! Thats gonna be a crowded car! Hope its a big car! LOL
:laughing:
We do plan on finding out the sex of the baby! Can't wait!! Whats up with Dr's not letting you come in for your first appt until your 10 weeks pregnant? She couldn't get in until august 3rd... but the dr suspects she is 10 weeks now... so 12 then... so possibly the end of August we could no the sex!! That will Make it feel more real I think!
Have a great time in DC! If you go to Georgetown Cupcake... I expect a BIG picture of you and all your kids in the front of it!! I will be SOOOOOO JEALOUS! LOL ENJOY!!

Looking forward to August!!:thumbsup2

We may make it to Georgetown on Monday. We are going to try to do DC tomorrow & Sunday.

Zach flew in today and I actually made it to the airport an hour early. :rotfl2: I was worried when I got onto the interstate and it was bumper to bumper traffic. Thank goodness for the GPS too!! :laughing:

So we went to Reters Crab House tonight for dinner. Lauren was going to be brave and order a soft crab sandwhich and when it came to the table we all cracked up laughing because it looked like the legs were still on it. :lmao: She poked at it a little and when they opened it up it had this yellow goo stuff in it and she WOULD NOT eat it. Zach, bless his heart, traded meals with her and he tried to eat it, but he didn't like it either. They ended up sharing that one meal. :rotfl2: Everyone else liked what we had. It wasn't the best in the world, but it was ok. The air was messed up or something. We were all about to burn up in there. :upsidedow

Tomorrow we are off to DC to tour the area. Wish us luck!!:love:

My dh is on his way home now from the airport! Finally after two long weeks of him out if the country!
Your daughter is brave! I don't eat seafood of any kind except an occasional steamed shrimp! So to order a soft shell crap she is my hero! Lol I have seen them. They sure are funky aren't they?! Ick. Oh the yellow stuff they call it mustard. We shall leave it at that! Barf. Lol. I will stick to cupcakes!
Have a fantastic time this weekend! I will ve thinking of you guys!
15 mins till dc cupcake starts!

My dh is on his way home now from the airport! Finally after two long weeks of him out if the country!
Your daughter is brave! I don't eat seafood of any kind except an occasional steamed shrimp! So to order a soft shell crap she is my hero! Lol I have seen them. They sure are funky aren't they?! Ick. Oh the yellow stuff they call it mustard. We shall leave it at that! Barf. Lol. I will stick to cupcakes!
Have a fantastic time this weekend! I will ve thinking of you guys!
15 mins till dc cupcake starts!

We are watching it!!:rotfl2: What do you think so far?

I am glad youe hubby is almost home. That is a huge airport!! The one is Birmingham is tiny. I know you will be glad that he is home too so that he can help you with the kids. ;)

Oh my goodness, someone just told us that yellow goo is really BRAIN!! :scared1: How could anyone eat that?:eek: GROSS! :lmao: Zach said it had a sandy texture to it. :rotfl:

Now.. back to the show.

We went to DC today and had a good time. It was SOOOOO HOT though. :laughing: We went to the American History museum first and had lunch there. The food was really good, expensive (8.00 kids meals) but it was good. I think all six of us ate for 65.00 or so.

We left there and went to the Holocaust Museum and we found it very interesting. I loved the Daniel's story-childrens story part of it.

All day Lauren & Zach have been about 10 or more feet behind us, you know, walking slow. Well, It almost got her KILLED!:faint: I was in front while crossing a street, we only had about 30 seconds left so we hurried across, while they took their time. OMG, I heard Mike screaming at Lauren and I turned around and watched a bus, who was just stopped, excelerating toward her like the bus driver didn't even see her.:scared1: It NEVER slowed down! She was about 4 or 5 feet from getting hit! My life flashed before my eyes! She is 17 Years old!! She said she didn't even hear it, she was just watching our feet and not whatching where she was going. I was like "Didn't you HEAR it?!?" I was so mad at her for not paying attention and falling behind, yet I was mad at myself for not going last. :headache: And I was MAD at that bus driver for being an A$$ and not slowing down.:furious: After that, I was scared to even cross a street. :laughing:

After that we just kind of lost interest in everything. I tried to save the day, but Mike and the kids were hot, tired & shook up so we went back to the Metro and headed back. It was fine though because we are planning to go back tomorrow.

I'll post more later, Mike wants the computer. :upsidedow I took a few pictures, but not many.

Have to reply about the "mustard" in the crab. It is definitely not the brain (that was cleaned out before they cooked the soft crabs, as well as the lungs). Now, I always thought the mustard was fat -- and we love it when it is the right color and texture -- yellow and dry is yummy, green and wet gets thrown away. Well, I wanted to give you correct info about the mustard so I did a quick online search and I learned a few things myself. Here you go:

"Mustard - The yellowish substance found inside a cooked crab. Contrary to popular belief, the "mustard" is not fat, rather it's the crab's hepatopancreas, the organ responsible for filtering impurities from the crab's blood. Although many find its flavor distinct and delicious, it is recommended that you do not eat this since many chemical contaminants concentrate in this organ."

Hmm, maybe I'll never eat the mustard again. Whenever we eat steamed crabs with other people who won't eat the mustard, they give it to dh and I, by far my dh has had a lot more than me.

As for soft shell crabs, dh loves them but I don't. I truly don't like the look of those feelers hanging out the side of the bread.

Enjoy your last week in Baltimore.

Have to reply about the "mustard" in the crab. It is definitely not the brain (that was cleaned out before they cooked the soft crabs, as well as the lungs). Now, I always thought the mustard was fat -- and we love it when it is the right color and texture -- yellow and dry is yummy, green and wet gets thrown away. Well, I wanted to give you correct info about the mustard so I did a quick online search and I learned a few things myself. Here you go:

"Mustard - The yellowish substance found inside a cooked crab. Contrary to popular belief, the "mustard" is not fat, rather it's the crab's hepatopancreas, the organ responsible for filtering impurities from the crab's blood. Although many find its flavor distinct and delicious, it is recommended that you do not eat this since many chemical contaminants concentrate in this organ."

Hmm, maybe I'll never eat the mustard again. Whenever we eat steamed crabs with other people who won't eat the mustard, they give it to dh and I, by far my dh has had a lot more than me.

As for soft shell crabs, dh loves them but I don't. I truly don't like the look of those feelers hanging out the side of the bread.

Enjoy your last week in Baltimore.

:lmao: My sides are HURTING from laughing so hard!! Thank you Debbie, I needed that today!!:rotfl2:

Lauren & Zach on Metro
DC001.jpg

Michael on Metro
DC002.jpg

Museum of Natural History
DC005.jpg

We found a little Disney Magic in the Museum of American History- this was my favorite thing in there.:lmao:

DC007.jpg

DC008.jpg

I zoomed in for this shot of the White House
DC014.jpg

DC013.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter