This Is Us- Season two

I wonder if the family leaves the house when Jack dies, and then there's a fire caused by the dog or something else.

So, Kevin has the knee injury and takes pain pills, and then continues... to mask the pain about Jack dying? Did that lead to him and Sophie ultimately breaking up?

WOW what an episode.

This episode was more what I was expecting two episodes ago.

It was nice to see William again. I forgot how much I liked his character until that scene on the stairs.

I have a new theory on how Jack dies..the fire happens and everyone gets out. Jack realizes that Kevin isn’t there and rushes back into the house to find him..and doesn’t come back out. Kate feels guilty because she didn’t tel Jack that Kevin wasn’t home; Kevin feels guilty because Jack was trying to save him. Kevin definitely still has feelings about Jacks death that he hasn’t dealt with yet.

The ending was a real gut punch. When we hear Kate say ‘he’s just like you’ and then we see Kevin swallowing a pill (painkiller)..I actually said OH NO.

Thinking about it though, all the kids have addictions just like Jack. Randall is addicted to being perfect, Kate is addicted to food, and maybe Kevin will become addicted to pills.

I said the same thing at the ending. I'm just starting to really like Kevin, and now we may be going through this with him. :(

I loved that scene with William. Those girls that play Randall's daughters are too adorable and are excellent actresses.

Was anyone else holding their breath when Jack walked into the meeting thinking that maybe, just maybe William would be there too and they would have a chance encounter?

I had the same thought too. It may be a way for them to have William on the show more.

Loved this week's episode! Loved the scene between Annie and William on the stairs!

I felt so bad for Kevin getting thrown like that at work, and even worse for Randall when that lady tried to con him. (Though I loved that the others went with him instead of letting him go alone.)

I think the whole foster thing is going to be good, but I would not have brought up the mother going to jail at the exact moment I'd just made some progress!

Is anyone else annoyed by the extreme number of commercials in this show this year? It's ridiculous. Drives me insane. They have nearly the same amount of time devoted to commercials as they do show!

"Annoyed" - no. Tuesdays are really full here, so I always end up watching later in the week on DVR, and I just fast forward. But "noticing" - definitely! (But, then again, can you blame any company for wanting to advertise on such a great show?)

Was anyone else holding their breath when Jack walked into the meeting thinking that maybe, just maybe William would be there too and they would have a chance encounter?

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of that! It would have been a brilliant plot twist!

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of that! It would have been a brilliant plot twist!

It didn't occur to me either, but I totally agree that it would have been a great plot twist. I guess they could always still do that in future episodes' flashbacks.

What a great episode! I believe Kevin has never came to terms to Jack death and blames himself. I still hold firm to the theory he snuck out to be with Sophie. Jack when into to get Kevin out of the house since Kevin in a cast. I think the in the beginning stage of Kevin addiction to pain killers. Loved seeing William again!!! Missed Toby. Not sure what to think about the foster girl.

I fell asleep Tuesday and didn't watch, so I watched last night. I thought it was a really good episode. I like that we learned a bunch of little bits of stuff.

I loved the scene between Kevin and Kate in the trailer. So much emotion.

Do we know for sure he dies in a fire?
According to the creator of the show he yes he does die in the fire.
At a screening Tuesday in Los Angeles with the stars and team behind the show, creator Dan Fogelman insisted the scene was not "misdirecting" viewers and that Jack's death directly relates to the fire. "That's what we're saying to the people. I think that they don't know the details," he said. "Did he die in the fire? Did he get out of the fire?"

According to the creator of the show he yes he does die in the fire.
At a screening Tuesday in Los Angeles with the stars and team behind the show, creator Dan Fogelman insisted the scene was not "misdirecting" viewers and that Jack's death directly relates to the fire. "That's what we're saying to the people. I think that they don't know the details," he said. "Did he die in the fire? Did he get out of the fire?"

That doesn’t say Jack dies in the fire..he says his death is related to the fire..two different things. Plus, Milo has said his death may NOT be related to the fire (I posted a link a page or two ago). I think they’re trying to confuse people to keep them guessing.

Just thinking about all the angles here....it's possible that, when we see Kate and Randall crying at Miguel's house, that Jack may not even be dead yet. They could be crying over the loss of their home, and Kate wants to be the one to tell Kevin about it. I know it's a long shot, but the way they like to throw us off with things, it's just something that crossed my mind as a possibility.

That doesn’t say Jack dies in the fire..he says his death is related to the fire..two different things. Plus, Milo has said his death may NOT be related to the fire (I posted a link a page or two ago). I think they’re trying to confuse people to keep them guessing.
He couldn't say come right and that.

He couldn't say come right and that.

You’re right, he didn’t come straight out and say it. He only hinted, which is what everyone is doing. If they confirmed it, who’d want to watch? Besides us I mean lol

I've been trying to figure out why I'm not as driven to know exactly what happened to Jack as many others (not necessarily here, but on Facebook comments) seem to be. My favorite episodes are the ones in which we learn a lot of interesting little tidbits. I think it's like how sometimes I fly through a book as quickly as possible because I need to know what happens and other times I start reading more slowly because no matter what the big reveal is, I don't want the book to end. The writers are going to have to balance the two types of people. With all the hype, I predict that there will be plenty who will be dissatisfied when the full story comes out.

I've been trying to figure out why I'm not as driven to know exactly what happened to Jack as many others (not necessarily here, but on Facebook comments) seem to be. My favorite episodes are the ones in which we learn a lot of interesting little tidbits. I think it's like how sometimes I fly through a book as quickly as possible because I need to know what happens and other times I start reading more slowly because no matter what the big reveal is, I don't want the book to end. The writers are going to have to balance the two types of people. With all the hype, I predict that there will be plenty who will be dissatisfied when the full story comes out.

I am exactly the same. I am not drawn to it at all.

But regardless I do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about it. :goodvibes

I also think there is risk in holding back and building the anticipation on that one question: "how did Jack die?" There is so much else going on with Randall, Kevin, Rebecca etc. but all anyone seems to care about is how Jack dies. Don't get me wrong, people are interested in the other characters, but seem to be obsessed with Jacks death, partly due to the way the show unfolds and how we learn tidbits at a time through flashbacks and clues. How we all fell in love with Jack, then learn -gasp- that he is not alive in the current time line.

The writers have really done a great job of piquing everyones interest. I think the show was bold to do it this way because naturally people want to know what happened to Jack that it is bound to be a let down when it is finally revealed. I think people are expecting something big, really big. I don't think they can live up to the expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter