• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Is Us- Season two

I also think there is risk in holding back and building the anticipation on that one question: "how did Jack die?" There is so much else going on with Randall, Kevin, Rebecca etc.
that it is bound to be a let down when it is finally revealed

Absolutely.

Off topic ---

I am drawn to Jack because I feel that Milo is doing such a great job, and the writers, of showing how people can be so alone in their pain and addiction. For so long. Especially men. I hope the show impacts a lot of men to try to reach out and not suffer in silence.

Is anyone else annoyed by the extreme number of commercials in this show this year? It's ridiculous. Drives me insane. They have nearly the same amount of time devoted to commercials as they do show!
I tape it, I cannot stand the commercials.

I’m not obsessed with finding out Jack dies. It’s just a part of the show that hasn’t been answered. I think a lot of pieces will fall into place when we find out because so many things in present time are the way they are because of his death.

I hope we see more of William.

I’m not obsessed with finding out Jack dies. It’s just a part of the show that hasn’t been answered. I think a lot of pieces will fall into place when we find out because so many things in present time are the way they are because of his death.

I hope we see more of William.
This is me also. I am curious, but I am not obsessed or in a huge hurry to know. I just love watching all the characters and learning more about them. It's like the Walking Dead, my favorite episodes are the character study episodes, not the ones with all the action (which is what most people like)

Great episode. I like the show best when it focuses on the core family and the dynamics of how they got to the point where they are today. I came close to tears with Kate talking about their Dad with Stallone and then the scenes with Kevin. And Kevin’s struggle to act while memories kept coming back.

I think the story of the foster girl in Randall’s family is interesting but I hope it does not take over the original story line. I may not find Randall’s story alone as much of a focus as some. I would like to see the show focus more on how he was treated by the parents and how that dynamic affected Kevin and Kate. The show seems to show more interaction between Randall and the parents. And the special schooling. All of that would have to have an impact on the other two. We also see young Kate with her parents. I don’t recall a lot of the story devoted to time between Kevin and the parents. This dynamic interests me a lot and I would like to see more of that.

The part that made me tear up the most was when Kevin was having the memories of his dad during his scene with Stallone and also when Ron Howard prepped him for the next scene by saying something along the lines of "remember, he's like a father to you and it's up to you to save him". I'm sure Kevin feels a lot of guilt over his father's death, though we don't know the details as to why yet.

Kevin may feel guilt because Jack gave him his dog tags, possibly as a good luck charm and therefore didn't have them on him when he was in the fire or however that plays out. Basically Kevin had his dads "luck".

Hey great detectives of this thread! :goodvibes ---

No one thinks you're obsessed. :laughing:

I have really begun to love this thread. So many different perspectives.

Once we get to Jack's death, there will no longer be a storyline for him and then he will be gone........
They are taking their sweet time......

** Maybe he will be a ghost then and still be on the show. LOL

Once we get to Jack's death, there will no longer be a storyline for him and then he will be gone........
They are taking their sweet time......

** Maybe he will be a ghost then and still be on the show. LOL
I agree the show will be different without that mystery but I think he'll still be there. Look at William.

I really don't think this show is as full of plot twists as people think it will be. Yes there are some details to look at but not as big as some people make it out to be. I don't read into every little detail like I did when I watched Lost.

I do love the show. I love the dynamics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter