This Is Us- Season two

omg you guys..we are really close to Jack dying.

It sunk in for me at the beginning of the episode when Kevin was on the couch and Jack was telling him he was going to the mall. I saw Kevin’s cast, and it was all decorated, and my mind went *HUGE FLASH* that’s the cast Kevin was wearing when Jack dies..wait, wait, WAIT..he’s wearing it now..that means....NOOOOOOOOO

I actually paused the episode and said a bad word for about three minutes and processed the information. Then, when they were suit shopping I thought, I bet that’s the suit Kevin wears to the funeral and the one Jack is buried in.

When they asked if they forgot something, I was expecting a reveal a là Home Alone..RANDALL! lol

Then the freeze frame on the smoke detector. I think it’s inevitable that Jack dies in a fire. Unless this is a huge fakeout.

Like a pp said, I think it happens next week because Rebecca was wearing a jersey when she first pulled up to the charred house.

Being Kleenex to next weeks episode. You have been warned.

ETA- Spoiler that I have just learned to hide. Seriously, don’t read it if you don’t know something I think is SIGNIFICANT about next weeks episode

The title of next weeks episode is That’ll be the day and IMMEDIATEY my brain continued and filled in ‘when I die!! Is it real, maybe but it sure would fit with all our clues.

Last edited:
The aftershow was with the teens. It just blows me away how perfectly they are cast. Even as themselves they sound like the older actors they play. It’s kind of surreal.

I have got to figure out that app! (I tried getting it once, and something went wrong.) I used to watch the aftershow on Comcast's "On Demand" feature last year, and I miss it!

I definitely think we're close to the fire.

When they asked if they forgot something, I was expecting a reveal a là Home Alone..RANDALL! lol

:laughing: I thought this too, until they zoomed in on the smoke detector.

I know it's a small thing, but I'm glad we finally found out about the cat, and that it's OK!

It would be nice if they do fix up the building. It would be good for Beth, and also a symbolic connection for Randall with both his fathers. (I hope they call it "Big Three Properties" or something.) I'm usually a Beth fan, but I hate the jealousy. - She basically told Randall he needs to get a job so they can be miserable together.

I'm liking Miguel more and more.

Kate and Madison is priceless!! You really never know what people are going through.

The child Kate? Yes she is. It’s hard to say that about a child but that’s part of the problem, not wanting acknowledge it.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Overweight, yes. Obese, no. But adult Kate is definitely obese. I guess we have different definitions of it.

Then, when they were suit shopping I thought, I bet that’s the suit Kevin wears to the funeral and the one Jack is buried in.

Wow, I didn't even think about that.

I immediately said out loud "batteries" when Rebecca asked if they forgot something at the mall. I gasped out loud when they showed the smoke detector though, I hadn't thought that far ahead.

I'm glad we saw more of Madison's story and reason for being at the support group. I knew there had to be more to her story when we first saw her in the group and Kate was feeling like she shouldn't be there.

I agree about Beth being a downer in this episode. It would be nice to see her be more supportive of Randall.

Next week's episode is going to be so hard to watch.

I am still in the I don't think Jack dies in a fire camp. The look on Rebecca's face when she was driving home with Jack's effects changed to shock when she saw the house. JMHO it looked to me that she wasn't expecting a burned out house. Plus we have the mystery from Kevin's show when he stopped at his house and saw two different house numbers in his vision. Milo has said numerous times that people have been guessing about the cause of Jack's demise and no one has gotten it right yet. Plus Kate said it was her fault. Did Jack go through with Big Three Construction? Did he buy a house to flip? Was the other house number that Kevin saw the house number from a Big Three Construction project? Did Kate encourage him to start Big Three or pick out the house for him to flip? Jack could have died in a construction accident fulfilling his dream. It would be a bit of foreshadowing with Randall wanting to buy the apartment building and fix it up. Just a thought- I am grasping at straws and change my theories every week!

I am still in the I don't think Jack dies in a fire camp. The look on Rebecca's face when she was driving home with Jack's effects changed to shock when she saw the house. JMHO it looked to me that she wasn't expecting a burned out house. Plus we have the mystery from Kevin's show when he stopped at his house and saw two different house numbers in his vision. Milo has said numerous times that people have been guessing about the cause of Jack's demise and no one has gotten it right yet. Plus Kate said it was her fault. Did Jack go through with Big Three Construction? Did he buy a house to flip? Was the other house number that Kevin saw the house number from a Big Three Construction project? Did Kate encourage him to start Big Three or pick out the house for him to flip? Jack could have died in a construction accident fulfilling his dream. It would be a bit of foreshadowing with Randall wanting to buy the apartment building and fix it up. Just a thought- I am grasping at straws and change my theories every week!

Interesting - I bet you're right and he doesn't die in their house fire. I'm going to have a hard time watching whatever happens next week!

I just wanted to share with my fellow This Is Us admirer's that I will be in Nyc all next week and we have tickets for Tuesday to Live with Kelly and Ryan and Susan Kelechi Watson ( Beth) is scheduled to be a guest!!!

I was on the fence about going to the show and now nothing will stop me!!!!

I need to go watch last nights episode now.

I just wanted to share with my fellow This Is Us admirer's that I will be in Nyc all next week and we have tickets for Tuesday to Live with Kelly and Ryan and Susan Kelechi Watson ( Beth) is scheduled to be a guest!!!

I was on the fence about going to the show and now nothing will stop me!!!!

I need to go watch last nights episode now.

So cool!!!

I also don't think Jack died in a fire. Did they say they were going to get batteries for the smoke detector? If so, I missed that. It makes sense if he died in the fire though since they focused so much on the fuse issue, then the camera focusing on the smoke detector. I thought for a second that they left Randall at the mall LOL!

I also wish Beth would be more supportive of all Randall is going through with finding, then losing his birth father, with the whole Deja loss, the health issues with anxiety he went through, the stress of Kevin's issues etc. I feel he needs time to heal and she is getting frustrated with him. True, he needs to go back to work, but he seems happy being a stay at home dad for the time being. I think fixing up Williams building would be a wonderful way to honor William and Jack, and also give Beth some satisfaction as well.

I actually like Kate being in a motherly role to Madison. It's like she is realizing that just because Madison is skinny does not mean she does not have eating problems.

Scared to watch next week.

I definitely think we're close to the fire.

:laughing: I thought this too, until they zoomed in on the smoke detector.

I know it's a small thing, but I'm glad we finally found out about the cat, and that it's OK!

It would be nice if they do fix up the building. It would be good for Beth, and also a symbolic connection for Randall with both his fathers. (I hope they call it "Big Three Properties" or something.) jealouI'm usually a Beth fan, but I hate the jealousy. - She basically told Randall he needs to get a job so they can be miserable together.

I'm liking Miguel more and more.

Kate and Madison is priceless!! You really never know what people are going through.

I don't think Beth was jealous. I think she was right to tell Randall it was time he returned from outer space, for his own good and that of his family. He's not truly engaging with them in the way he always has; instead he's been trapped in his thoughts.

I don't think Beth was jealous. I think she was right to tell Randall it was time he returned from outer space, for his own good and that of his family. He's not truly engaging with them in the way he always has; instead he's been trapped in his thoughts.

I agree about Beth. I think she feels Randall is not being productive and that he is floundering and trying to find a purpose. I think she feels a job will give him focus, something to do, a reason to get up in the morning instead of poking around williams past to see who he did or didn't have a romantic relationship with.

That said, I do not really agree with Beth. I think Randall does need to flounder for a bit. I think he needs to dig into Williams past and learn all he can about his birth father. I think he needs to be with his girls, I think they ground him. His last job nearly did him in with the stress and the anxiety. He had that huge breakdown, and he is still grieving William. I think he should do something that makes him happy, and re doing the building seems like a good project, as does fostering kids. They are lucky to be in a financial situation that they can do that.

I wish Beth would leave Randall alone and let him do what he needs to do. Randall has worked for years while she has stayed home without complaint and she can't do it for 5 minutes.

I'm glad Kate and Madison are bonding. Kate needs a girl to bond with instead of her brothers lol.

I saw on TV that Judith Light is joining the cast as Toby mom. I'm in the camp that Jack dies of injuries in the fire. What did Randall have in hands in the mall?

Did they say they were going to get batteries for the smoke detector?

Rebecca asked Jack before they went to the mall to remind her to get batteries while they were there. Then at the end she asks him if they forgot something and they show a close up of the smoke detector in their house without a battery in it.

I wish Beth would leave Randall alone and let him do what he needs to do. Randall has worked for years while she has stayed home without complaint and she can't do it for 5 minutes.

I'm glad Kate and Madison are bonding. Kate needs a girl to bond with instead of her brothers lol.

I saw on TV that Judith Light is joining the cast as Toby mom. I'm in the camp that Jack dies of injuries in the fire. What did Randall have in hands in the mall?

Judith Light, very cool!
Randall had a Magic 8 Ball that he had doctored up, very cute!
Agree, Kate and Madison need to be best friends, it would be great for both of them.
I am also still thinking fire, they have had so many things pointing to fire, and last nights was the most obvious. I was enjoying last night, finally being a bit lighter than the last several, until they showed us that.
I don't think Beth stayed home for years, I think she has always been a career woman, at least she has since we have seen her on the show. I still think she usually knows exactly what Randall needs even when he doesn't, last night was no exception.

What did Randall have in hands in the mall?

A magic 8 ball that he gave to the girl he was asking out to help her decide. The answer it showed her wasn't one that came with normal 8 balls though, so maybe he rigged it somehow?

ETA: I just looked it up and one site says it was a "do it yourself" magic 8 ball.

such a wonderful show! humorous, heartbreaking, relatable. very realistic in the fact we all think and behave differently. thank goodness for that!

A magic 8 ball that he gave to the girl he was asking out to help her decide. The answer it showed her wasn't one that came with normal 8 balls though, so maybe he rigged it somehow?
Yes, they showed him putting the little answer thingy back in and gluing the door back on it earlier in the episode, and then went straight to him gluing penguins on his daughters project.

Yes, they showed him putting the little answer thingy back in and gluing the door back on it earlier in the episode, and then went straight to him gluing penguins on his daughters project.

Thanks, there's a lot of details to catch in each episode and I guess I missed that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter