• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Is Us- Season two

We know it was not the fire that killed him because Milo stated in a recent interview that nobody has guessed correctly as to how Jack dies. They seem to be wanting us to think it's the fire, leaving us all the clues, but according to Milo it is not. He said we may have seen something that contributed to Jacks death, but nobody guessed the exact cause. They are going to shock us I think.

Also, the actor who plays Kevin has stated in interviews that nobody will figure it out, so the fire seem too obvious.

I do agree that the fire seems way too obvious. I hope it’s not a particularly traumatic death..we’ll have to turn this thread into a support group lol

I think I put out a theory (or someone did) that Jack and Kate aren’t at home when the fire starts and Jack dies in a car accident racing home to the kids. He’s technically not dying IN the fire, but it’s related to it.

Who knows.. we need a :genie:

I think we'll find out on the season finale and I think Kate's wedding will be the same episode

I do agree that the fire seems way too obvious. I hope it’s not a particularly traumatic death..we’ll have to turn this thread into a support group lol

I think I put out a theory (or someone did) that Jack and Kate aren’t at home when the fire starts and Jack dies in a car accident racing home to the kids. He’s technically not dying IN the fire, but it’s related to it.

Who knows.. we need a :genie:

that is a good theory too, they said every episode would be a piece of the puzzle.

Yes, they showed him putting the little answer thingy back in and gluing the door back on it earlier in the episode, and then went straight to him gluing penguins on his daughters project.

Forgot to mention the 8-ball in my other post. So clever and adorable!!

(I wonder if we'll see a lot of them in this year's crop of "promposals" now?)

This show is too carefully written for them to give away its greatest mystery so easily. I don't think it was the fire.

I will say it will be interesting to see how the show does going forward once the secret is revealed. Some shows can't get past resolving its greatest conflict. I have no doubt this one will be fine though.

Jack could have died in a construction accident

They talked several times about the boss at the current job. Maybe Jack had to do something on the job that is what killed him. I don't think he started his company yet when he dies.

Did they say they were going to get batteries for the smoke detector?

Ni just that they needed batteries. At the end of the show they showed the smoke detector without any batteries in it.

I know this is going to be very unpopular but I really think Jack committed suicide.

The fire is too obvious, we know it isn't the fire.

Kevin makes reference to throwing his model airplanes out after his dad died, but the house looked to be a total loss, would those have even survived a fire?

We see Rebecca driving back to the burned house with Jack's things (we assume Jack's things) and she looks angry, maybe the fire was the straw that broke the camels back.

We saw Kate get angry with Toby for making some suicide references.

Kate blames herself for his death, maybe she thinks its her fault she didn't see it coming?

His death was obviously traumatic, something they still don't want to talk about and hesitant to discuss his flaws at all.

Then there is Jack himself who I think battles with a lot of demons with a huge smile on his face.

The loss of the baby, his abusive father, losing his brother, possibly his house, recovery, plus the stress of wanting to be the perfect father and husband. My uncle reminds me alot of Jack. Always a big smile on his face, loving husband, wonderful father, very involved in his church. One day shot himself in the head and we still don't know why, no note, no signs. Sometimes it is the ones you least expect.

What do you think?

I could see this happening. Also I can see the car crash while trying to get back to the house.

DH thinks that all the kids will end up back at Rebecca's house. I am not sure but I can see that too.

I will say it will be interesting to see how the show does going forward once the secret is revealed. Some shows can't get past resolving its greatest conflict. I have no doubt this one will be fine though.

I think that can be the case with shows that have repetitive themes (crime solving partners, etc) but I agree that I don't think this show will suffer since the characters are so well written and there are plenty of pieces of their story that we still want to learn, along with seeing how they develop in the future. I'm interested to see more about Jack's family and brother especially, though that part will be hard to watch also.

This show is too carefully written for them to give away its greatest mystery so easily. I don't think it was the fire.

My fear all along has been delving into Jack's death, the impact it will have and the limits that will impose on the stories they can tell about Jack going forward. I've enjoyed so many of those magical looks back so much and haven't wanted to face a limit on the number of stories with Jack present.

My fear all along has been delving into Jack's death, the impact it will have and the limits that will impose on the stories they can tell about Jack going forward. I've enjoyed so many of those magical looks back so much and haven't wanted to face a limit on the number of stories with Jack present.

I guess I don't see how revealing his cause of death will put a limit on the number of stories with him present. He was never in the present day parts of the show anyway like William was.

I am going to guess he is electrocuted working on something in the house. They rush to the hospital, and in the meantime, the house burns down..

or something like that.

Good lord I love Beth!

I am going to guess he is electrocuted working on something in the house. They rush to the hospital, and in the meantime, the house burns down..

or something like that.

Good lord I love Beth!
But what about the scene with Kevin destroying the model airplanes?

Season 2 will have 18 episodes and the finale..March 13th.

Last edited:
I guess I don't see how revealing his cause of death will put a limit on the number of stories with him present. He was never in the present day parts of the show anyway like William was.

The more you reveal about when, why and how naturally begins to limit more and more the space and time Jack lived in, and thus limits the stories with him directly in them. Granted, they have more to work with for organic jumping off points into Jack's past than they do William's, but it still creates boundaries the writers will have to be very mindful of if they want to tell stories in very real ways.

Season 2 will have 18 episodes and the finale..March 18th.

Wait, March 18? NBC is the Olympic broadcaster as well. We have very few episodes left in the season.

The last episode was #12, so that would mean we have six more episodes. I think the Olympics will take up two weeks. March 18th sounds about right then with missing those two weeks. Except, the 18th is a Sunday?

I guess I just have a lot of confidence in these writers. I don't feel that showing Jack's death will hurt the show.

Last edited:
But what about the scene with Kevin destroying the model airplanes?

I vaguely remember that scene - it was when he was at the funeral for that other guy, correct? And he was talking to the kid?

Well, we know there was a fire at a house. And we know the model airplanes survived. So, somehow those two things intertwine..

Man, this show is good!

The more you reveal about when, why and how naturally begins to limit more and more the space and time Jack lived in, and thus limits the stories with him directly in them. Granted, they have more to work with for organic jumping off points into Jack's past than they do William's, but it still creates boundaries the writers will have to be very mindful of if they want to tell stories in very real ways.

Wait, March 18? NBC is the Olympic broadcaster as well. We have very few episodes left in the season.
It's March 13th. Sorry for the typo.

It would be nice if they do fix up the building. It would be good for Beth, and also a symbolic connection for Randall with both his fathers. (I hope they call it "Big Three Properties" or something.) I'm usually a Beth fan, but I hate the jealousy. - She basically told Randall he needs to get a job so they can be miserable together.

I didn't read it quite that way. I think that Beth knows that Randall needs the structure of the job and that he needs to know that it's ok for life to be less than perfect. Beth wanted to return to work, and I don't think she's miserable; I think she knows that it's normal for life to mundane sometimes. Beth has been taking a backseat in Randall's decisions recently, and that's different than the relationship that they have had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter