• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Is Us- Season two

Thanks, there's a lot of details to catch in each episode and I guess I missed that one!
That one was tough, as it went straight to the girls project, so it was hard to tell what was old and what was current. I was a bit surprised he was doing the work for his daughter though.

I think fixing up Williams building would be a wonderful way to honor William and Jack, and also give Beth some satisfaction as well.

I was thinking the same thing about it bringing Beth satisfaction as well. Didn't she make a reference in this episode to how she thought she would be doing work like that when she was fresh out of college?

I was thinking the same thing about it bringing Beth satisfaction as well. Didn't she make a reference in this episode to how she thought she would be doing work like that when she was fresh out of college?

Yes. She went into her work to help people, but she said all she does is kiss up to politicians. She referenced that she was trying to get an empty lot turned into a park for the community, but instead Costco got the land.

in the preview of next weeks episode, they are all wearing the same clothes as the night of the fire. so if we don't get to see how it happened, we will see how they all spent their last day with Jack. they might not show the fire just yet to build up even more, as tv shows like to do.

I missed the first 15 minutes this week but the rest of the episode just seemed kind of boring to me. We got a few snippets of things in the past and a few current things but nothing really struck me as it has in the last few episodes. I think last week was so emotional, I was hoping for something similar. This one just felt like a bunch of "clues" sort of thrown together.

I agree that Randall needs to return to work at some point. Maybe not in NYC in such a high powered job but he needs to do something. Buying the building just seems way too "perfect scenario". Let's face it, if he bought it and fixed it up, the currrent tenants would be priced out. Randall does well but he's not a billionaire. He'd have to make a profit somehow. And a building anywhere near NYC is not going to be cheap to buy in the first place.

I know this is going to be very unpopular but I really think Jack committed suicide.

The fire is too obvious, we know it isn't the fire.

Kevin makes reference to throwing his model airplanes out after his dad died, but the house looked to be a total loss, would those have even survived a fire?

We see Rebecca driving back to the burned house with Jack's things (we assume Jack's things) and she looks angry, maybe the fire was the straw that broke the camels back.

We saw Kate get angry with Toby for making some suicide references.

Kate blames herself for his death, maybe she thinks its her fault she didn't see it coming?

His death was obviously traumatic, something they still don't want to talk about and hesitant to discuss his flaws at all.

Then there is Jack himself who I think battles with a lot of demons with a huge smile on his face.

The loss of the baby, his abusive father, losing his brother, possibly his house, recovery, plus the stress of wanting to be the perfect father and husband. My uncle reminds me alot of Jack. Always a big smile on his face, loving husband, wonderful father, very involved in his church. One day shot himself in the head and we still don't know why, no note, no signs. Sometimes it is the ones you least expect.

What do you think?

I wish Beth would leave Randall alone and let him do what he needs to do. Randall has worked for years while she has stayed home without complaint and she can't do it for 5 minutes.

I'm glad Kate and Madison are bonding. Kate needs a girl to bond with instead of her brothers lol.

I saw on TV that Judith Light is joining the cast as Toby mom. I'm in the camp that Jack dies of injuries in the fire. What did Randall have in hands in the mall?
I don’t think Beth was ever a stay at home mom. The show has always portrayed them both as highly driven career people.

My take on Beth last night is a little different. I think she was stressed and upset over losing that property and she took it out on Randall. It happens in marriage. There’s a fine line between letting your spouse sort things out and enabling them to wallow though. I think Beth feels he’s heading towards “wallow stage” and while I disagree he’s at that point, she does know him best.

I knew Madison was there for more than Kate to hate. This show always has a reason for what they do.

Which brings me to the smoke detector. (I also thought they forgot Randall, lol) It’s *too* obvious. This show is all about subtle detail. A freeze frame on the smoke detector with the batteries hanging out is an attempt to lead us down the wrong path IMO. Put me in the “Jack doesn’t die in the fire” camp.

in the preview of next weeks episode, they are all wearing the same clothes as the night of the fire. so if we don't get to see how it happened, we will see how they all spent their last day with Jack. they might not show the fire just yet to build up even more, as tv shows like to do.

I think it is how they all spend the last day with Jack. The episode is titled, "That'll be the day" Gulp. We know how that song title ends.

The preview also shows Jack and Rebecca talking and they talk about how it's the last day being together and they need to make that day count. Gulp. I think he is talking about the kids going off to college, but we all know it could mean something else.

I read an interesting theory on the whole Kate feeling guilty and insisting it's her fault. This is not a spoiler because it's just a fan theory but if you don't' want to read it, I'll put it in spoiler button.

One person felt Kate took the batteries out of the smoke detector to put in her walkman. They always show her with her walkman listening to music. Interesting theory and would explain why she feels so guilty

I know this is going to be very unpopular but I really think Jack committed suicide.

Kevin makes reference to throwing his model airplanes out after his dad died, but the house looked to be a total loss, would those have even survived a fire?

We see Rebecca driving back to the burned house with Jack's things (we assume Jack's things) and she looks angry, maybe the fire was the straw that broke the camels back.

Kate blames herself for his death, maybe she thinks its her fault she didn't see it coming?

His death was obviously traumatic, something they still don't want to talk about and hesitant to discuss his flaws at all.

Then there is Jack himself who I think battles with a lot of demons with a huge smile on his face.

The loss of the baby, his abusive father, losing his brother, possibly his house, recovery, plus the stress of wanting to be the perfect father and husband. My uncle reminds me alot of Jack. Always a big smile on his face, loving husband, wonderful father, very involved in his church. One day shot himself in the head and we still don't know why, no note, no signs. Sometimes it is the ones you least expect.

What do you think?
I'm almost certain Jack didn't kill himself. It would against everything they have shown that Jack is.

What do you think?

You have a good arguement for it, but I just don’t see it. I think that would take the show to a place that just doesn’t seem to follow the past episodes.

You say, we know it isn’t the fire..how? How do we know that?

Kate didn’t like Toby making auicide jokes? I don’t remember that. Plus, I don’t think anyone wants their loved ones to make suicide jokes.

Just my two cents..

You have a good arguement for it, but I just don’t see it. I think that would take the show to a place that just doesn’t seem to follow the past episodes.

Kate didn’t like Toby making auicide jokes? I don’t remember that. Plus, I don’t think anyone wants their loved ones to make suicide jokes.

Just my two cents..
I don't remember Toby making any suicide jokes

Just my two cents..

There is no way it's the fire, they've basically laid out cookie crumbs leading to the fire I don't think for a second they'd make it that easy on us

I am still in the I don't think Jack dies in a fire camp. The look on Rebecca's face when she was driving home with Jack's effects changed to shock when she saw the house. JMHO it looked to me that she wasn't expecting a burned out house. Plus we have the mystery from Kevin's show when he stopped at his house and saw two different house numbers in his vision. Milo has said numerous times that people have been guessing about the cause of Jack's demise and no one has gotten it right yet. Plus Kate said it was her fault. Did Jack go through with Big Three Construction? Did he buy a house to flip? Was the other house number that Kevin saw the house number from a Big Three Construction project? Did Kate encourage him to start Big Three or pick out the house for him to flip? Jack could have died in a construction accident fulfilling his dream. It would be a bit of foreshadowing with Randall wanting to buy the apartment building and fix it up. Just a thought- I am grasping at straws and change my theories every week!
Interesting theory.
One has to wonder if all these clues, fuses, smoke detectors etc are all red herrings.

Just my two cents..

We know it was not the fire that killed him because Milo stated in a recent interview that nobody has guessed correctly as to how Jack dies. They seem to be wanting us to think it's the fire, leaving us all the clues, but according to Milo it is not. He said we may have seen something that contributed to Jacks death, but nobody guessed the exact cause. They are going to shock us I think.

Also, the actor who plays Kevin has stated in interviews that nobody will figure it out, so the fire seem too obvious.

Yes. She went into her work to help people, but she said all she does is kiss up to politicians. She referenced that she was trying to get an empty lot turned into a park for the community, but instead Costco got the land.

I just read an interview with one of the writers and he said this is the perfect project for Randall and Beth to work on together, so it looks like they will be teaming up on this and it does fulfill what Beth wanted to originally accomplish with her work.

The writer also said that next week's episode will focus on the family's last super bowl together before the kids go off to college, and how they really want to spend it together, with relatively disastrous results. The "relatively" makes me think that maybe we won't see Jack's death in next week's episode.

I wonder if the fire makes Jack go back to drinking and maybe he dies driving drunk? We saw his drinking issues, and then the night he needed to go pick up Kate somewhere and he dropped his keys and I think he had been drinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter