• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Is Us- Season two

At one point last season didn't Kevin talk about smashing all of his models because he was mad at his father? At the time I thought that he was mad that his father had died, but now I'm wondering if that came first during Jack's struggle with his alcoholism. Or was the basement not destroyed and the models salvageable?

Yeah, he did say that when he was talking to the wife at the funeral of a stranger.

I laughed when Randall was talking to his girls about him being a stay at home dad and he called them (someone) and Omarosa.

At one point last season didn't Kevin talk about smashing all of his models because he was mad at his father? At the time I thought that he was mad that his father had died, but now I'm wondering if that came first during Jack's struggle with his alcoholism. Or was the basement not destroyed and the models salvageable?
I don’t know, Rebecca seemed unaware that it was an issue again. If he managed to hide it from her seems he could hide it from them. Not that they couldn’t figure it out. Heck, I know things about my parents that to this day they think I don’t. But I’m just getting an overall vibe that they were and still are clueless about it.

I love Beth, and I thought Randall was being a little much (he is still my favorite) telling her he really wants to adopt and she needs to wrap her head around it. Luckily he rethought that. I think her idea was a good one, will be tough, but a great idea.
She does have a good idea, but why should Randall drop his dream of another baby. I get it that she does not want to take care of an infant, but Randall does. Maybe he was so busy with work when the girls were babies and now that he left his job, he wants that. Sort of disappointing, how Beth changes the situation and tells Randall they will adopt an older child.

I said last season, they did not have a season ending show. This season opener should of been the season ender. The season opened with the 3 turning 36 and it should of ended with them turning 37.

She does have a good idea, but why should Randall drop his dream of another baby. I get it that she does not want to take care of an infant, but Randall does. Maybe he was so busy with work when the girls were babies and now that he left his job, he wants that. Sort of disappointing, how Beth changes the situation and tells Randall they will adopt an older child.

I said last season, they did not have a season ending show. This season opener should of been the season ender. The season opened with the 3 turning 36 and it should of ended with them turning 37.
I don’t think another baby was Randall’s “dream.” He was more infatuated with the idea of giving an adopted child a “perfect” life. He’d just lost William, wanting to adopt a baby was a reaction to that not any real yearning for a baby. And she didn’t tell him they were going to do anything. She suggested that if adopting was something they really wanted to do he should consider an older child.

I just don’t get the dislike for Beth. Being a strong, articulate and realistic woman is not a character flaw IMO.

What an episode. It was wonderful to see William again. Im sorry I don't care for Beth at all she doesn't project happiness at all. Shes always so down on Randall all the time. I'm glad Toby told Kevin to step back.

As for the fire Ive read that is how Jack dies. My heart is breaking. I know it sounds so silly. I feel like I personally know the Pearsons.

Really? I'm not. I came here to post how big of a crybaby Toby came across in last night's episode. Such a whiny little brat because Kate has a very close relationship with her brother.

Newsflash Toby, family always come first! Get over yourself.

Uh because Beth doesn't want another baby? Unless Randall plans to raise a baby on his own.

Really? I'm not. I came here to post how big of a crybaby Toby came across in last night's episode. Such a whiny little brat because Kate has a very close relationship with her brother.

Bolding is mine and to that, I completely disagree. Now in this family, I understand the closeness of the Big 3, especially Kate and Kevin. However, in reality that isn’t always true. I know Toby and Kate aren’t married, but my husband comes first. The day I agreed to marry him, he became my family.

Each family dynamic is different, but thing rarely work out when outside people (yes, even family) continuously take priority. I think in this instance, Toby was real, honest and vulnerable - which was such a nice change from the passive-aggressiveness of last season.

I’ll take a wild guess you aren’t married. My husband, who is my family, comes first.

I'm not a Toby fan. I COULD NOT STAND him last season. Maybe he will grow on me this season.

I'm not a huge Beth fan but come to think of it, we don't really see her much doing anything so far this season. Hopefully they will give her more of a story line.

In real life, Sophie is pregnant. Will be fun to see how they hide that.

Bolding is mine and to that, I completely disagree. Now in this family, I understand the closeness of the Big 3, especially Kate and Kevin. However, in reality that isn’t always true. I know Toby and Kate aren’t married, but my husband comes first. The day I agreed to marry him, he became my family.

Each family dynamic is different, but thing rarely work out when outside people (yes, even family) continuously take priority. I think in this instance, Toby was real, honest and vulnerable - which was such a nice change from the passive-aggressiveness of last season.
He was totally passive aggressive last night. The honesty only came in after Kevin followed him. He was going to walk away from the conversation.

My husband absolutely comes first in my life but he also knows how incredibly tight my sister and I are. For our whole lives we were the only solid things the other had. If my DH felt threatened by it he wouldn’t have been “a keeper.” There have been times where the sister thing may have been a little much for him but he didn’t pout and make snide remarks. He talked to me about it. I find Toby incredibly immature in that respect. I’m really hoping to see him grow this season though. Admitting to Kevin how he felt was a good start.

He was totally passive aggressive last night. The honesty only came in after Kevin followed him. He was going to walk away from the conversation.

My husband absolutely comes first in my life but he also knows how incredibly tight my sister and I are. For our whole lives we were the only solid things the other had. If my DH felt threatened by it he wouldn’t have been “a keeper.” There have been times where the sister thing may have been a little much for him but he didn’t pout and make snide remarks. He talked to me about it. I find Toby incredibly immature in that respect. I’m really hoping to see him grow this season though. Admitting to Kevin how he felt was a good start.

Not to mention, Kevin wasn't even being that annoying last night. He's not controlling or anything. Kate is the one who goes to him to tell him things. Sure, maybe Toby could be a little upset that Kevin is always spending big bucks on things but he's rich, what do you expect?

Not to mention, Kevin wasn't even being that annoying last night. He's not controlling or anything. Kate is the one who goes to him to tell him things. Sure, maybe Toby could be a little upset that Kevin is always spending big bucks on things but he's rich, what do you expect?
Kevin also has a need to be liked. I think he’s always felt like the odd man out. Rebecca has always catered to Randall and Jack catered to Kate. They didn’t perceive Kevin as “needy” for lack of a better word and that in turn made him needy.

I don't think so. There was some significance to the cast. The camera zoomed in and lingered on it. If it had no significance, why put him in a cast at all? It meant something I think.

I think a pp may be right. I think Kevin snuck out, the fire happened, then Jack went in to get Kevin since he was in a cast. Kate knew Kevin was not in the house but was not able to stop Jack from running in and he died. But if that were the case, I think Kevin would be feeling more angst.
Maybe they all made a deal not to tell Kevin that he was looking for him in the house, because they didn't think he could handle it. Kate knew he snuck out, but never said anything and so she's bee carrying around the burden by herself. -Confused about the girlfriend of Randall being at Miguels house though.

Wow!! So much in one episode!

I will bawl like a baby and be really angry at the writers if the dog is the reason Jack dies.

I do remember that Kate blames herself. I haven't decided whether I think she left a curling iron on or something like that, or if it's the theory above about Jack going back in for Kevin when he wasn't really there. - Maybe she helped him sneak out? (Or maybe it's a combination - they were hiding the dog in the basement where Kevin was supposed to be?)

I'm glad Beth finally spoke up to Randall about not wanting a baby. I know Jack pushed Rebecca and it worked out, but really, I don't think you can take on a baby as a "gift" to your spouse. It's neat that she's interested in helping an older child, though.
ITA about Beth. I know the character seems to rub some ppl. the wrong way, but she's one of my favorite "current" characters, I think she's pretty awesome. When Randall told her to wrap her head around him wanting to adopt...wow, that's probably the first time I've ever disliked something about his character, but I think her response was perfect and to me she's comes across very unselfishly caring about her husband, kids, family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter