Trainer for a day - Discovery Cove

What is the sea adventure?

This is from the Discovery Cove fact sheet:

SeaVenture
The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where
guests -- wearing dive helmets -- will feel right at home under the sea. Easily climbing down a
ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, guests immediately come eye-to-eye with sharks
through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic window. During their journey, guests
encounter velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock – and even touch a star fish
or sea urchins found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the
divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop.

SeaVenture highlights
Some say it’s like walking on the moon – but surrounded by fish. SCUBA certification is not
required. The program is about an hour long for groups of up to six people per excursion.
The cost is $59 per participant.

This is not open as yet and the last thing I heard is that it is due to open in late summer.

Corinna

This is from the Discovery Cove fact sheet:

SeaVenture
The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where
guests -- wearing dive helmets -- will feel right at home under the sea. Easily climbing down a
ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, guests immediately come eye-to-eye with sharks
through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic window. During their journey, guests
encounter velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock – and even touch a star fish
or sea urchins found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the
divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop.

SeaVenture highlights
Some say it’s like walking on the moon – but surrounded by fish. SCUBA certification is not
required. The program is about an hour long for groups of up to six people per excursion.
The cost is $59 per participant.

This is not open as yet and the last thing I heard is that it is due to open in late summer.

Corinna

Oh wow! Sounds exciting!

love this park, went there 3 years ago for my honeymoon. Going to go again when the kids are old enough

Corinna

It's open now. Was just at DC last week and saw several groups going underwater with the helmets on. We didn't take part in the course, but was able to watch them from the Reef with our snorkel gear.

Looked very cool!

We have been to DC several times now. When we went we did do the Snuba or SeaVenture, and it was a fun experience. Since we were there right when they opened it we had only 4 in our group so it was a great with quite a bit of interaction with the fish. As far as the trainer for a day I was spoiled having done it at the Hilton Waikoloa Dolphin Quest where I was only one of 2 people for the day and we spent most of the day with the dolphins. The DC program doesn't have quite as much involvement, and so I didn't spend the extra money. The dolphin push that was mentioned in this thread is only available at certain times of the year based on how busy the park is, so you may want to ask if they will be able to do it when you book.

Has anyone done the trainer program recently? Is the SeaAdventure included? I'm trying to decide whether to do the trainer program or the regular day w/dolphins and add the SeaAdventure. Thanks for any help you can provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter