Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Except the part where you can upgrade your gold pass to P+ at no cost. If you mean the extension on the 13 mo. if you renew, well we are in that boat too - unable to take advantage due to our renewal window being after 10/1.
I need to elaborate....

You see, wife and I are 65. We're not going to a Water Park :)
To boot? We would never go to WDW during crazy peak weeks... Spring Break? It's been a while since we wanted to party over Spring Break :). XMAS? No, we have family.... not going.

We first BOUGHT Platinum passes - downgraded 'em this year, because they don't really offer us anything. And I'm suspecting that this is the "meat" behind the offer.... Platinum Passes are not selling.

I need to elaborate....

To boot? We would never go to WDW during crazy peak weeks... Spring Break? It's been a while since we wanted to party over Spring Break :). XMAS? No, we have family.... not going.

We first BOUGHT Platinum passes - downgraded 'em this year, because they don't really offer us anything. And I'm suspecting that this is the "meat" behind the offer.... Platinum Passes are not selling.

I got you...so it's a net zero for you.

I wish they would just do flat discounts...or freeze the prices a few years...that would be better. But sadly it doesn't happen.

I wish they would just do flat discounts...or freeze the prices a few years...that would be better. But sadly it doesn't happen.

Sane reasons the Platinum doesn't benefit us over the Gold.
Now if the Platinum offered 20% dining
(and shopping) discounts over the Gold's 10%s'......

I also wish they would freeze prices.
A recent price increase saw DVC APs
jumping a much higher % than multi/day tickets!

We jumped from a $399 special deal Premium DVC AP to a $563 DVC Gold Pass.
Granted we missed 2 years of trips,
but that price increase is still quite shocking!

Sane reasons the Platinum doesn't benefit us over the Gold.
Now if the Platinum offered 20% dining
(and shopping) discounts over the Gold's 10%s'......

I also wish they would freeze prices.
A recent price increase saw DVC APs
jumping a much higher % than multi/day tickets!

We jumped from a $399 special deal Premium DVC AP to a $563 DVC Gold Pass.
Granted we missed 2 years of trips,
but that price increase is still quite shocking!

Well they have added a lot of 20% dining discounts...and did that merch promotion last year as well...so I can see more of that coming.

And it's apple to oranges from the last promo on the old passes to the regular price under the new system.

The new system is meant for one timers to reap quick bucks and punish the loyal...as usual.

Remember when the dusters defended the increase and said that photopass "more than makes up for the increase"?

...fools

I need to elaborate....

Thanks Dean,

I wasn't being snarky :) Glad you responded. It's the back and forth discussion that lets us all learn more.

So we currently have "retail" Platinum AP's that expire 12/28. My plan had been to renew to the Gold pass as we intend to have a small direct contract in place by then. I guess with this deal then we should now be able to renew to Platinum Plus for the same price?
Spoke to a CM at DS guest relations. She told me no problem - when it's time to renew we can do so to the Gold/P+ at the renewal price, with proper DVC card and ID.

On the contrary...the full no blackout pass with the waterparks for $560 is a pretty good deal...the gold pass at that rate isn't as much...

And you know how often I say anything they do in the swamp is a "good deal"...cause they haven't been much for years.

I'm with ya. Always said they can lower ticket prices and or add better options. Also the new 6 month to expire ticket etc-we have some perfect candidates for that one. They want to hit F&W with us, then a winter escape as well.

I'm with ya. Always said they can lower ticket prices and or add better options. Also the new 6 month to expire ticket etc-we have some perfect candidates for that one. They want to hit F&W with us, then a winter escape as well.
I suggest that you check the fine print on the 6 month deal. Like the AP, the 6 month deal is good only for people in your household - the same address. I could be wrong, so check.

Thanks for your helpful response. I've been able to upgrade FL resident tickets in person in the past, but wasn't sure about DVC.
Didn't scroll all the way through, but I was able to upgrade my DVC Gold Pass purchase to the Premium Plus Pass over the phone for this promotion without any issues. They also refunded my water park tickets I had purchased for a trip we have planned in 2 weeks.

We just our bought platinum plus AP in June. I feel robbed. :sad1:
I'd call and talk to them. I called Disney, not DVC member services and was able to upgrade our Gold Passes and they refunded the water park tickets I had purchased last month without me even mentioning it. The Customer Service Rep saw them in my profile and said "I see you bought water park tickets. You won't need those anymore, so we'll cancel that and refund the money". Worth a try to see if they would do something similar for you. Never hurts to ask!

We also wish they would freeze prices, the sticker shock every year when we go to renew our passes gets me. I get closer to the line of taking a year or 2 off every time, but can't convince the wife of that yet...

That said, we are the opposite of Dean's experience. This is a win-win for us. In prior years we saved by getting the FL resident Silver Pass and going during non-blacked-out times. Well, our daughter will be going into elementary school this year so our non-peak non-blackout options will be more limited, and a no-blackout pass is just what we needed. The addition of the water parks for a kid just old enough to start enjoying them is icing on the cake.

Sorry to add another question to this complicated thread lol ... but here goes:

I am a FL resident, DVC member. I currently have a Gold AP that expires 4/30/18. I am on a monthly payment plan. Does anyone know if I will be able to upgrade to the Platinum Plus pass and keep my monthly payments? Thanks!

I'd call and talk to them. I called Disney, not DVC member services and was able to upgrade our Gold Passes and they refunded the water park tickets I had purchased last month without me even mentioning it. The Customer Service Rep saw them in my profile and said "I see you bought water park tickets. You won't need those anymore, so we'll cancel that and refund the money". Worth a try to see if they would do something similar for you. Never hurts to ask!

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm off, so if I get put on hold or it's a long call, I won't have to worry.

I have a free dining package before my DVC vacations starts. I have 10 day hoppers attached to the free dining reservation. Any problems upgrading these to the premium AP deal? I have to wait until i get there, correct?
Thanks! :)

I have a free dining package before my DVC vacations starts. I have 10 day hoppers attached to the free dining reservation. Any problems upgrading these to the premium AP deal? I have to wait until i get there, correct?
Thanks! :)
Yes, you can upgrade those package tickets to the Platinum Plus Pass once you arrive at WDW.

I was able to upgrade mine over the phone this morning. I called Disney, not DVC and they helped me out.
The poster my response was in regard to had an active AP that they wanted to upgrade from a gold AP to the new platinum plus deal. Normally that is only done at guest relations (as well as upgrades to any tickets bought from third parties like Under Cover tourist).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter