Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

We have current Gold AP's that expire on April 1, 2018 ( already got the 13 month promotion with these). My plan is to exchange/upgrade to the platinum pass when we go down in November and hopefully hit a water park then or during our next trip which is March 2018. My question is will I be able to renew these passes early to take advantage of the promotion??? I am thinking not since the 60 days before expiration will be February 1 and the deal ends Jan. 3. So, I might buy new AP's certificates while I am in WDW this November but not activate them until the next November 2018.

Naturally, this came out when i was in WDW last week lol. Brain is still fried from the heat.

Help me:badpc:

Question #1

My Gold expires mid August 2017

DH's early November 2017

Was planning on renewing both APs to Gold. Now i don't know whether to just buy new vouchers for the Platinum ones. Not even sure i could do mine as i won't be back @ WDW until the end of September.

Question #2

7 day tix

Appears not PH. I'm reading non-expiring for 6 months after first usage...as in a form of non-expiry wherein they can be used for multiple trips by the same person?

Past offers for tix have been told i had to be present when tix were picked up @ will call. Has anybody confirmed policy yet?

Question #2

7 day tix

Appears not PH. I'm reading non-expiring for 6 months after first usage...as in a form of non-expiry wherein they can be used for multiple trips by the same person?
You can add either the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus to the ticket. Yes, valid for 6 months from first use and first use must be no later than 12/31/2018.

Was planning on renewing both APs to Gold. Now i don't know whether to just buy new vouchers for the Platinum ones. Not even sure i could do mine as i won't be back @ WDW until the end of September.
I believe you should be able to renew both if you wish, at the gold renewal rate ($475?+tax) and end up with Platinum plus's that expire one year from current expiration for DH, and 13 months for yours since you would renew before 10/1.

Someone help me with the math, please:

We have five unused adult Park Hopper and More (8 Day) tickets in our accounts for our trip in October/November. We bought them at Parksavers in early February. How much would it cost to upgrade them to the PP DVC tickets? We paid $475 for the tickets when we purchased them, which was below gate price. Gate price AND Parksavers prices have gone up significantly since then...does the price bridge to what they're worth now?

Someone help me with the math, please:

We have five unused adult Park Hopper and More (8 Day) tickets in our accounts for our trip in October/November. We bought them at Parksavers in early February. How much would it cost to upgrade them to the PP DVC tickets? We paid $475 for the tickets when we purchased them, which was below gate price. Gate price AND Parksavers prices have gone up significantly since then...does the price bridge to what they're worth now?
No. There will be no bridging to current gate price for those tickets. The value that will be applied toward an upgrade will be whatever the gate price was for an 8-day hopper w/WPF&M om Feb. 11, 2017.

Can I bridge an unused MYW ticket to the Platinum Pass, HOWEVER, do not activate the PP until later (before 12/31/18)?

Can I bridge an unused MYW ticket to the Platinum Pass, HOWEVER, do not activate the PP until later (before 12/31/18)?
You mean upgrade? Yes, you can upgrade an unused ticket to a voucher for the Plat+ AP. You have to specify that it's what you want when you make the purchase. When you redeem, make sure that the expiration date is one year from the date that you redeemed and not from the original date of purchase.

I wanted to share my experience for those in a similar situation. I purchased vouchers for 13 month gold passes several months ago. My first day at WDW was last Saturday. I had just found out about the new promotion and asked about it at the window. They were able to upgrade my purchase to the Platinum Plus tickets but with a 12 month expiration for $10 per ticket because of the price increase in February which was after I bought the tickets. My upcoming trips are in October and June '18 so 12 months works for me. I wanted the water park passes mostly and may add a December trip since there are no blackout dates.

I wanted to share my experience for those in a similar situation. I purchased vouchers for 13 month gold passes several months ago. My first day at WDW was last Saturday. I had just found out about the new promotion and asked about it at the window. They were able to upgrade my purchase to the Platinum Plus tickets but with a 12 month expiration for $10 per ticket because of the price increase in February which was after I bought the tickets. My upcoming trips are in October and June '18 so 12 months works for me. I wanted the water park passes mostly and may add a December trip since there are no blackout dates.

Just wondering, but shouldn't they have given you 13 months? Did you ask or it didn't matter? We are planning on getting our 13 month Gold certificates upgraded next week and hoping that we can keep the 13-month expiration.

Thanks!

My brother had a different experience. Redeemed his Gold AP 13-month voucher on July 1. I texted him about the offer on the day it came out. He went to the MK Guest Services and was told that it would be $10.65 apiece to upgrade to the new Plat+. His expiration date is still Aug. 1, 2018. Did you happen redeem the voucher first or did you do the redemption and upgrade at the same time?

I believe you should be able to renew both if you wish, at the gold renewal rate ($475?+tax) and end up with Platinum plus's that expire one year from current expiration for DH, and 13 months for yours since you would renew before 10/1.

I'll call DVC when I'm within my 30 day period to renew & see what happens mid month.

You can renew up to 60 days prior to the expiration, so you can call now since your pass expires in August.

Oooh no idea, thanks.

Since DH is Nov i may be able to sneak him in on the 13 month pass agin then in September.

No. There will be no bridging to current gate price for those tickets. The value that will be applied toward an upgrade will be whatever the gate price was for an 8-day hopper w/WPF&M om Feb. 11, 2017.

Is there a listing anywhere of what historical gate prices may have been so I can try to figure out how much upgrades will be per person?

I was on the fence about getting a Gold AP for my upcoming October 2017 trip with the thought that I'll probably want to go again before another year, and we usually get 3-day non-park-hoppers, and this Platinum Plus offer just decided me. Not only can we do more than 3 days in the parks now, but we can park-hop, and do a water park, and get PhotoPass... yeah, I'm happy about this AP offer! I just bought my pass voucher online.

Is there a listing anywhere of what historical gate prices may have been so I can try to figure out how much upgrades will be per person?
I don't know of any easy-to-read list but allears.net has a list of historical price increases. You might find what you're looking for there.

Just wondering, but shouldn't they have given you 13 months? Did you ask or it didn't matter? We are planning on getting our 13 month Gold certificates upgraded next week and hoping that we can keep the 13-month expiration.

Thanks!

The cast member pulled over a manager and she knew that I had a 13 month promotion and specifically told me I was losing the 13 month option by upgrading. It may be that I had not used the vouchers yet and by upgrading before using the vouchers, I was upgrading to the current promotion. Because I was ok with a 12 month option, I did not fight this and was happy to get the water parks added for free since I was considering getting 4 annual water park passes for this summer and next.

My brother had a different experience. Redeemed his Gold AP 13-month voucher on July 1. I texted him about the offer on the day it came out. He went to the MK Guest Services and was told that it would be $10.65 apiece to upgrade to the new Plat+. His expiration date is still Aug. 1, 2018. Did you happen redeem the voucher first or did you do the redemption and upgrade at the same time?

I did the redemption and upgrade at the same time. This may be the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter