Walmart grocery pick up times

Just think FOP on FP day....be ready and keep refreshing. lol. I wish at least one WM in my area had pickup service available. None of the stores in my area offer it. I don't know why and no one at the stores or corporate will give me a reason...they just say it's not available in my area. :(

I've used their delivery service several times, cost was nominal. Each time getting delivery with two days. we've had them enter the garage, load on a table covered in brown craft paper (which had our list on it) its pre paid and no tip (thats done by a follow up email, after checking your order. ) Once my lettuce was out dated, I called and they immediately refunded. hubby lysoled and used wipes, washes needed items and all good. Great service, one hour time frame, live tracked online. All good!

I got one the other day around 6:45am for my second time doing it - happen to be up at that time to run to Shoprite at opening to try and get things when they first opened :faint:. Just an FYI that once you grab the spot, you have one hour to complete order and or lose slot and need $30 minimum - sounds easy enough, but as you search for things that you need but they may be out of, and things that come up having a 1-2 max, like my yogurt, it was not quick for me to get to the minimum w/searching for available items in the hour. I ended up adding some items to donate to our local food pantry, then after all that, got there and half the items were unavailable, so only got $15 worth. 2nd time was better, as most items my MIL needed were available, mostly meds/laundry, so no problem w/minimum, and all were filled.

Do you have a Target nearby? They use Shipt to deliver to your home. I've placed a couple orders with them since this all started.

Haven't tried Wal-Mart but none of the Krogers within a 50 mile radius of our house have any openings period. It's funny because I got an email yesterday from them saying it was their preferred method. So much for that. My honey is just going to bite the bullet and go in. I don't go with him because I'm over 60 and we don't want to overwhelm the store with number of people for the two of us to go. He hates going by himself because he doesn't like to pick out produce but oh well times are rough.

I got one the other day around 6:45am for my second time doing it - happen to be up at that time to run to Shoprite at opening to try and get things when they first opened :faint:. Just an FYI that once you grab the spot, you have one hour to complete order and or lose slot and need $30 minimum - sounds easy enough, but as you search for things that you need but they may be out of, and things that come up having a 1-2 max, like my yogurt, it was not quick for me to get to the minimum w/searching for available items in the hour. I ended up adding some items to donate to our local food pantry, then after all that, got there and half the items were unavailable, so only got $15 worth. 2nd time was better, as most items my MIL needed were available, mostly meds/laundry, so no problem w/minimum, and all were filled.

For future reference, you can add anything to the cart to reach the minimum, then edit your cart up until the night before your pickup. I can edit until 1:45 am (or something like that) on Thursday for a 1:00 - 2:00 pm pickup time.

My mom had a Walmart pickup scheduled for between 5 and 6 pm last night. A little after 6 pm, she was notified that they were extremely busy and running behind, so the pickup time would be later. She received notification that the groceries were ready at 8:30 and went to the store. She finally got their groceries a little after 10. The store in their area only recently started pickup, so that could explain some of their issues.

My wife and I were able to get a slot at our store between 2 and 3 pm on Thursday. Fingers crossed for no issues!

I got up at 5 am today. No slots at my closest Walmart today or tomorrow but all slots available for Friday so I picked 9 am. Yesterday I was able to do curb side pickup for a prescription at the same Walmart. Very convenient.

For future reference, you can add anything to the cart to reach the minimum, then edit your cart up until the night before your pickup. I can edit until 1:45 am (or something like that) on Thursday for a 1:00 - 2:00 pm pickup time.
At our shoprite, you can only order during the first 24 hours after placing the order.

My mom had a Walmart pickup scheduled for between 5 and 6 pm last night. A little after 6 pm, she was notified that they were extremely busy and running behind, so the pickup time would be later. She received notification that the groceries were ready at 8:30 and went to the store. She finally got their groceries a little after 10. The store in their area only recently started pickup, so that could explain some of their issues.

My wife and I were able to get a slot at our store between 2 and 3 pm on Thursday. Fingers crossed for no issues!

Mine was delayed yesterday too. My slot was from 4-5. I got a text around 4:00 that they were still working on my order. A little after 5:00 I got a text that my order was ready for pickup. I got there about 5:10 and there was a line to get one of the 10 parking spots. I got my groceries around 6:15 - they were slammed and working really hard. My guy said that in addition to having all of the time slots full all day long, most of the orders were very large orders, so everything was just taking longer than usual.

Looks like this morning Walmart has added a third day of reservation times, that is helpful. I could snag one for if i wanted to drive to a location 15 miles away. It is the first time I’ve seen any appointment at any location since this started.

Yesterday I saw a third day posted and snagged a slot but then I forgot to finish checking out. My DD texted me about 10 mins too late to ask if I got the spot. I feel so bad, it was for her and her family of 6. Just one click away....😢

I woke up this morning about 12:20 am and all slots for Friday were gone.

This happened to me 2 weeks ago. Had a 6-7 slot. Order wasn't ready until after 8pm. Every parking spot full. Husband got home at 9:30. It was the Walmart we don't typically use, so I switched back to our regular one last week and had no issues. I am guessing they just had a bad night.

I tried to get a slot with Wegman's Instacart. I have been looking at the site during the day, starting as soon as I wake up. Nothing. Stayed up until midnight. Nothing. Woke up at 2:30 during a thunderstorm and checked. Nothing. What is the secret?

Our local Walmart just finally opened up from a two day window to a three day. I've still not been able to get a time, but I guess that it's getting a bit better! I may try for a Saturday or Sunday pick up on Thursday or Friday!

This is our first Walmart pickup. A couple questions:

1) How do they know which spot DH is in?
2) Is the person that compiles the order the same person that brings it to the vehicle? If so, is there a safe way to tip them? Is it even allowed? I didn't see an option on the site to add a tip.

2) Is the person that compiles the order the same person that brings it to the vehicle? If so, is there a safe way to tip them? Is it even allowed? I didn't see an option on the site to add a tip.

When you check in there is a prompt that asks what spot you’re in. Not all stores have this, but they will come to your car and confirm it’s you.

They are not allowed to accept tips at Walmart.

I check in with the app when i arrive, it asks me which # spot im in and my car color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter