WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just cancelled our 3/23 trip and rescheduled for June 21-27. Hopefully things stabilize by then. It would break my heart to have to cancel, more so than it already has.

Now...we were flying on southwest travel credits that expire in April. What do you think the odds are that they’ll extend them?
A tip for southwest. Message them on Twitter. I did this today and had everything taken care of in 10 minutes with no wait on hold! Their website wasn’t letting me modify my tickets for some reason.

So my trip was March 25-30. We’ve rebooked our flight and changed our hotel to April 1-6. We have a 3 day base ticket. We’re going to call and ask them to change our ticket dates, but what would the chances be of them rebooking our FPs for us? Obviously we’re well past 60 and 30 day windows.. And we had Runaway Railway booked!! Any input would be appreciated. We’re pretty bummed about the closures.

Just a heads up that the closure is to the end of March but there is a possibility of extension.

disneyland in Japan was just extended another 2 weeks past the initial closure.

anyone else still waiting on hold? i'm at the five and a half hour mark total after the original person who answered my call transferred me after she couldn't save my package change from this coming week to october.

anyone else still waiting on hold? i'm at the five and a half hour mark total after the original person who answered my call transferred me after she couldn't save my package change from this coming week to october.
6 hours I got someone at 1.5 hours who couldn’t help due and tossed me in the queue again.

I’m thinking they went home leaving us and on hold

My daughter is panicking. We are from Canada. She worked so hard to be accepted into the Cultural Exchange Program starting May 18th and who know what will happen with that. 😢😢
I can relate. My dd is down there now in the DCP. She checked in Feb 3 and so has only really been going at this for a month. I'm worried this will be a longer closure than just 2 weeks and they will end up cancelling the current DCP and sending those kids home. It took my dd 3 tries to get in and her roomie 4 tries. They worked so hard.

And on a side note, we were just getting ready to begin our trips down to see her and now we have to cancel. I understand this is the right move for Disney but I still am crying. I miss my dd!

after six hours and 42 minutes on the line, they answered, but only said they'd call me back tomorrow. not an ideal outcome. and the CM said i have to call separate numbers to get refunds for after hours and club level fast passes. hang in there everyone!

So my trip was March 25-30. We’ve rebooked our flight and changed our hotel to April 1-6. We have a 3 day base ticket. We’re going to call and ask them to change our ticket dates, but what would the chances be of them rebooking our FPs for us?

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'd rather ask "what are the chances of the parks being reopened" rather than them moving your FP+

If the US follow the trends some other countries have gone through, and we need to be aware of the fact that the US are way behind other countries as far as healthcare and testing capacities go ... we could be looking at lockdowns for at least a couple of months.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. I know Disney Springs is still open. Is Blizzard a Beach and the golf courses as well? Does anyone know if the rainforest cafe at AK will still be opened since they have a separate entrance outside of park? I am to arrive 4/2 and am so worried it will be cancelled. I rented points from DVC and nervous about that too.

Alas, I was planning to take advantage of the hopefully lighter crowds to give myself some birthday shopping time. I'm trying to look on the bright side. Maybe while the parks are closed they will find the gremlins plaguing the Magic Kingdom and move Epcot's FW out of the mouse maze stage.

I can relate. My dd is down there now in the DCP. She checked in Feb 3 and so has only really been going at this for a month. I'm worried this will be a longer closure than just 2 weeks and they will end up cancelling the current DCP and sending those kids home. It took my dd 3 tries to get in and her roomie 4 tries. They worked so hard.

And on a side note, we were just getting ready to begin our trips down to see her and now we have to cancel. I understand this is the right move for Disney but I still am crying. I miss my dd!
I am with you! My daughter just started the DCP in Jan and I have a family trip/visit planned for Apr 2. I'm guessing the current closure will be extended. Such a tough situation. Best wishes for all the CP's (and all the CP parents) in this tough time.

We were booked March 20-31 for my son's 18th bday/graduation before he heads off to college. While I've been able to cancel all my dining and prepaid reservations online (such as dessert parties, Cindy's, etc), I have not been able to cancel my room only reservation yet. I'm also stuck with non-refundable non-transferable military Stars & Stripes tickets issued to both of my sons who will not be able to go together anytime in the near future.

In the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, but for a momma bear who is already sad about her baby bear going off into the world... I am sad. Overwhelmingly sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter