We invite you, if you dare ……… Summer plans 08/04 Day 25

Holy Crud!!!!! How awesome. I am making this prediction now. You are going to come home with more points ....for GFV!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I've been surprised to see some days open even during our Dec/Jan trip too, I guess that's the good thing about the high point costs, it may not go as fast as folks think :confused3

I really hope to stay there one of these days, at least for a night. It looks SO lovely, congrats and what a lovely lovely start to your trip!

I am behind. St. Thomas looks lovely but I need to go back and see your plans for St. Maarten.

Just around the corner!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on booking GFV! It looks so fancy. I am actually interested in seeing how kid friendly the pool area is going to be. Isn't it suppose to be mad tea party themed?

Your plans for 8/14 sound great... but I have to be honest... that gondola ride would have me... :scared: Beautiful view though!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!​

Today we are exactly 7 months out for our February 2014 vacation. So I got to book us a DVC room for the first night.

Now guess where we will spend the night .......

I'll give you a hint ........

Doesn't help?

Here's another one ........

Okay, I guess you got it now!

YES, we will stay at the new Villas at the Grand Floridian in a Deluxe Lake View Studio!
Can't wait! :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1:

:cool1::cool1::cool1: Denny and I will be staying there next October 2014 since we bought a small add-on there.

So excited for you (and me too!). The studio model was just outstanding!!!!!

Also - beautiful pictures of St Thomas is your prior update. Sorry I have been lagging behind on your TR updates.

Hope all is well.

Wow! Congratulations on getting to stay at GFV!

Thank you! We were so surprised it was available and even though we are only staying one night, we can at least have a good look around and enjoy a brand new resort (for us). :thumbsup2

Holy Crud!!!!! How awesome. I am making this prediction now. You are going to come home with more points ....for GFV!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Thanks, Jen!
We are really excited about staying there too. As for coming home with more points ..... well, I doubt it. :rotfl2:

OMG that is so GREAT GFV Congratulations on snagging a room!!!!!

Thanks, Michelle!
We were thinking of staying at BLT again, but I had to borrow points and didn't want to chance waitlisting. So when GFV popped up we snagged it. :goodvibes
We're staying at OKW after the cruise from Thursday to Saturday. Maybe we can fit in a meet some of those days too. :cloud9:
Only 10 more days until we meet again, Michelle, so looking forward to starting off our vacation in style. :woohoo:

Oh wow Karin - great news about the GFV room!

Thanks, Linda!
We are so excited about it, too. :goodvibes

I've been surprised to see some days open even during our Dec/Jan trip too, I guess that's the good thing about the high point costs, it may not go as fast as folks think :confused3

I really hope to stay there one of these days, at least for a night. It looks SO lovely, congrats and what a lovely lovely start to your trip!

I am behind. St. Thomas looks lovely but I need to go back and see your plans for St. Maarten.

Just around the corner!!!!!!!!!!

I could not believe that there were rooms open especially since it is Presidents week. BLT was not available and since we had to borrow points we just jumped on it.
We are not huge fans of the GF, but I promised that once they opened it for DVC I would try and stay there for at least one night. And that's what we will do. :thumbsup2

We hit the single digits today! I guess I need to hurry up with posting my plans. ;)

Congrats on booking GFV! It looks so fancy. I am actually interested in seeing how kid friendly the pool area is going to be. Isn't it suppose to be mad tea party themed?

Your plans for 8/14 sound great... but I have to be honest... that gondola ride would have me... :scared: Beautiful view though!!!

Ann, I have not even looked up the pool area at GFVs yet. :lmao: I have another vacation to catch up on before that. ;)

Well, the Skyride gondolas were made here in Austria and living here we are used to riding them, so NO problem for us.
Can't wait for the view. :goodvibes

Hi Karin !!Where are you????

Rosie, I am back. I have just been pretty busy. :(

:cool1::cool1::cool1: Denny and I will be staying there next October 2014 since we bought a small add-on there.

So excited for you (and me too!). The studio model was just outstanding!!!!!

Also - beautiful pictures of St Thomas is your prior update. Sorry I have been lagging behind on your TR updates.

Hope all is well.

Mary Ellen, I read about your add on and I promise to post a LOT of photos once we were there in February.
I was so impressed with the photos and layout of the studios online. I really feel lucky to have snatched a night there. :goodvibes

Can't wait for our trip to the Caribbean. All I have seen so far looks awesome. :thumbsup2

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 9, August 15

Day at sea

Today we will definitely sleep in. We have a reservation for Palo Brunch at 10am.
So we will just chill in our room, enjoy the view of the ocean

DSC_0911.JPG

and get ready to head up to Palo at around 9.50. Brunch will be awesome as always

DSC_0527.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0532.JPG

DSC_0534.JPG

DSC_0536.JPG

and once we are stuffed

IMG_5926.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG

we will head back to our stateroom for a quick change. In the afternoon we might either join a tasting class

IMG_1607.JPG

or head to the movies or sit up on the top deck with a nice drink in hand.

DSC_0818.JPG

In the evening we will get changed and head to the Walt Disney Theatre to watch Disney’s Believe,

DSC_0137.JPG

or we might hit the adult pool again.
It will soon be time to get ready for dinner in the rotational dining room. Today will be Captain’s Gala.

IMG_5734.JPG

IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5751.JPG

I guess we will end our day with having a drink at one of the bars before we get our bag for the next day ready and then head to bed.

Your pics make me wish I hadn't canceled this years cruise, but I'll survive. I have another year to get excited over your pics.

The gfv are even more gorgeous in person. If Denny was ready to buy an add on just Luke that, you know they were special!

Your pics make me wish I hadn't canceled this years cruise, but I'll survive. I have another year to get excited over your pics.

The gfv are even more gorgeous in person. If Denny was ready to buy an add on just Luke that, you know they were special!

But that way it will give you even more time to plan every detail and get excited about your cruise. AND ..... added bonus (or not :rotfl2:) you will have to read my trip report, to read all about cruising fun. ;)

Your comment about GFVs makes me even more excited for our stay there. :woohoo:

What a nice day... disney food... disney show. Yet not a lot of running around. Looks like a perfect day! :thumbsup2

Your plans sound great as usual!!I am still toying with a Feb Trip!!! Airfares are out and NOT to bad !!!

Thank you, Rosie!
I am so hoping you will find a room mate for the cruise, Rosie. That would be so much fun. :goodvibes

What a nice day... disney food... disney show. Yet not a lot of running around. Looks like a perfect day! :thumbsup2

I am really looking forward to some nice and relaxed days. These ships are pretty large, so even though you have no "running around" planned, you do a lot of walking. ;)

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 10, August 16

Castaway Cay

I guess we will sleep in a litte and then head down to Royal Palace for breakfast.

IMG_5555.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

After breakfast we will put on our wristbands and head downstairs to disembark and head over to the tram.

IMG_1271.JPG

DSCF1094.JPG

I guess we will stop and do some shopping first thing and then head out to Serenity Bay. Our Cabana host will be there to greet us

DSC_0234.JPG

and take us to Cabana 19.

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

Once we have settled in and tasted the fruit and drinks we will then spend some time swimming

DSCF1435.JPG

before returning to the Cabana to enjoy an adult drink on the veranda.

IMG_5697.JPG

Around midday we will head to the barbeque station for some lunch

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

and then head back to the Cabana.
And after some more time spent in the ocean

IMG_5703.JPG

we will enjoy another cool and refreshing cocktail while enjoying the view. Guess there will be a final dip in the ocean

DSCF1502.JPG

before it will be time to say goodbye to our cabana and Serenity Bay.
Once back on board we will watch the ship pull away from Castaway Cay

DSC_0259.JPG

and listen to the ship’s whistles. At 6 we will head down to the Walt Disney theatre to watch that night’s performance of An Unforgettable Journey.

An_Unforgettable_Journey3.jpg

An_Unforgettable_Journey4.jpg

Once the show is over it will be time to get ready for dinner at the rotational restaurant.

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5831.JPG

Tonight the theme will be See ya real soon. After dinner we will stroll around the ship and enjoy the night air,

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

happy that we don’t have to pack and leave the next morning.

Great update Karin. I so wish we were cruising along with you again this year!!
At least we will be able to see you during your land portion:goodvibes

More great plans and your trip is just around the corner. You must be getting so excited. I will definitely miss your updates, but I will be looking forward to your TR when you get back. :thumbsup2

Great update Karin. I so wish we were cruising along with you again this year!!
At least we will be able to see you during your land portion:goodvibes

Ah, that would be awesome, if you could join us, Michelle. :goodvibes But I am sure one day we will cruise together again ..... and this year we will have the blessing of seeing each other on dry land. :hug:

More great plans and your trip is just around the corner. You must be getting so excited. I will definitely miss your updates, but I will be looking forward to your TR when you get back. :thumbsup2

We are actually leaving in a week from today. To be exact ..... we will already be in Frankfurt this time next week. :goodvibes :scared1:

I really hope to be able to pop in now and then, but we NO longer buy Disney's internet at sea. Too wacky and too expensive. :rotfl2:

More plans coming up soon. I want to get as much of this done as I can before we leave, but it's an uphill struggle. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter