We invite you, if you dare ……… Summer plans 08/04 Day 25

I LOVE that picture of the hitchhiking ghost. I have yet to photograph them. My lens just spins and spins.

Wow - your plans are wonderful. Just the right amount of relaxation and park time.

You better squeeze in a little storm-a-long bay. It just occurred to me that I can wait list my two SSR days at BCV. I already have them waitlisted for BWV, but swim in Storm-along Bay sounds rather tempting right about now.

Wow that was a lot of uodates Karin!!! I have been to HELL!!!:rotfl2:Sent postcards from there too !!! We did the island tour on Grand Cayman , and saw the Turtle Farm and the conch houses !!! Was really neat !!!

Karin, I am not sure it is possible but you may have outdone yourself with incredible photos! My goodness, these are so wonderful that I almost feel as though I've been on vacation!

Of course, I had to save the MSEP pics - so many wonderful memories from when my kids were little and we secured just the right spot to watch. Be still my heart. :love:

I am so excited for you...the special DIS Meets, the travels and adventures...I hope every day is totally magical!

Thank you for your kind words on our photography skills. ;)

We just love the MSEP. I can NEVER have too many photos of it. We first saw it in DL with my mom and she absolutely loved it too. So many memories.

I really hope that most of the days will work out fine. One of them just got even better. I was able to secure an ADR at BoG for Jeff and his family (and ourselves) before our Wishes cruise. :woohoo: I just got the ADR two days ago! :thumbsup2

I LOVE that picture of the hitchhiking ghost. I have yet to photograph them. My lens just spins and spins.

Wow - your plans are wonderful. Just the right amount of relaxation and park time.

You better squeeze in a little storm-a-long bay. It just occurred to me that I can wait list my two SSR days at BCV. I already have them waitlisted for BWV, but swim in Storm-along Bay sounds rather tempting right about now.

Mary Ellen, we have tried numerous times to "catch" the hitchhiking ghosts. That one time the cars stopped in front of the mirrors, so it was easier to catch them. ;)

We really have no more desire to do the "commando style" park visits. Been there, done that. We just love mixing park time with down time, especially now that we have DVC and those villas are so inviting. :lmao:

Go for BCV with your waitlist. Stormalong Bay is just awesome. :goodvibes

Wow that was a lot of uodates Karin!!! I have been to HELL!!!:rotfl2:Sent postcards from there too !!! We did the island tour on Grand Cayman , and saw the Turtle Farm and the conch houses !!! Was really neat !!!

I want to get as much of my trip report and this pre-trippie done before we leave, Rosie. That's why I am updating like a mad woman. :rotfl2:

How fun that you took about the same tour we are going to take. It's hard to decide from the description Disney offers. Not much to go on, but since these are all new ports to us, we wanted to be on the safe side and be shown around. ;)

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 21, August 27

Park day

I hope we will be up soon enough to make it to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours. Again, we will try to hit all our favourite rides, Soarin,

IMG_7165.jpg

Living with the Land,

IMG_7580.jpg

Mission Space

IMG_7241.jpg

and Test Track.

IMG_9803.JPG

Around 9am, when the crowds start streaming in we will head to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast.

IMG_8234.jpg

Then we will try to get in more rides and finally head over to World Showcase

IMG_7385.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

for a few beverage samples and lunch.
Around 2pm we will head back to the Beach Club, get into the pool and have an afternoon treat at Beaches and Cream.

IMG_4926.jpg

In the early evening we will need to start packing and then get ready for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

We should be finished just in time to make it over to Epcot for Illuminations.

IMG_7455.jpg

Then it will be time to pack up the rest of our stuff again and enjoy one last leisurely evening at the Beach Club.

Day 22, August 28

Travel day

Today we will start our day with breakfast at Kouzzina,

DSC_0008.JPG

before we start loading the car for our drive to the Florida Keys.

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

On the way there we will stop at our Fort Lauderdale hotel to make sure our reservation is okay. (I got a new CC and even though I called and let them know, I still don't trust that it will work out.)

IMG_4679.JPG

Once in Ft. Lauderdale we will then head to Bubba Gump’s for lunch.

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

After lunch we will drive further south, only to make a short stop at Palmetto Bay to have dessert at Krispy Kreme

IMG_4683.JPG

and pick up some doughnuts. Our journey will then lead us to Key Largo, where we will stay the night at the Courtyard by Marriott.

IMG_4684.JPG

After checking in we will do a little grocery shopping at Publix before heading to either the Key Largo Conch House or Marker 88

DSC_0291.JPG

for dinner. We will enjoy the rest of the evening on our balcony

DSC_0934.JPG

with a beverage in hand.

Day 23, August 29

Key West

We will grab a bite to eat before we will haul our luggage downstairs to the car.

DSC_0919.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

After checking out of the resort we will drive to Doc’s Diner for breakfast. And once we have had breakfast we will continue driving towards Key West.

DSC_0942.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

DSC_0956.JPG

DSC_0964.JPG

After about 4 hours we should arrive at the Southernmost on the Beach.

DSC_0027.JPG

Hopefully we will find a shady spot to park the car and then head to Sharkbites for lunch.
Hopefully our room will be ready by then

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

and we will have a short break in the room and on the balcony.

DSC_0985.JPG

After that we will quickly make a stop at a grocery store to stock up on snacks and drinks for the next 3 days.

I guess when we get back it will be time for dinner. We will just head over to the Southernmost Café on the Beach

DSC_0099.JPG

for dinner

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

this time. After that we will stroll into Key West

DSC_0105.JPG

and check out Duval Street before we will enjoy the rest of the evening

DSC_0119.JPG

on our balcony.

Day 24, August 31

Key West

After sleeping in a little we will head to Sarabeth’s for breakfast.

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG

After that we will do some sightseeing on foot,

DSC_0277.jpg

walking over to the Hemingway House

IMG_2280.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

and the Lighthouse

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

and exploring some shops along Duval Street.

DSC_0382.jpg

IMG_4794.JPG

I am sure we will find a unique spot for lunch before returning to our room for a short break.

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

We will then drive to Fort Zachary to have a good look around, explore the area and beach and have some coffee at the Fort Zachary Café.
On the way back we will stop at Glazed Donuts to pick up a few handmade creations. I guess there will be some time to rest on the balcony before we are heading out to dinner at Pepe’s Café.
If we finish soon enough we can drive over to Mallory Square to watch the sunset

IMG_2400.jpg

and do some window shopping on Duval before heading back to our room.

Hi Karin,

Wonderful photos and really putting us in the mood for our trip. We will be setting off when you are returning this time so no chance to meet.

We also had BCV booked but just changed to OKW as our son decided to come too and there is just more room and we love the pace there.

We will also be our first time on the Fantasy - the Eastern route - first time in Remy´s - can´t wait. Only been on the Magic to date.

We´ve gone crazy and are also doing a B2B - only we´ll be chasing down the road when we get off the Fantasy, boarding the Oasis out of Fort Lauderdale following up with a Western - should be quite a change.

Another first for us this time will be MNSSHP:)

Carole, Mike and Jenny

Wow Karin that is a LOT of updates !!!I highly approve of Strawberry shortcake or breakfast:rotfl2:Loved all the Key West pix !!! I really want to visit there someday !!!!

Karin - those are simply some of your best pictures. Key West looks amazing. Denny and I are going to St Augustine for a couple days in the middle of our October trip, but I have to say that the thought of driving to Key West is more than a little intriguing. It's got to be a really long drive. Probably not a good idea for us to try to go there for two nights.

I have been to Stormalong bay, but Denny never has. I think he would like the BCV. But honestly, he likes ALL the DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

Love the pictures of Key West!

It is so beautiful, can't wait to get back. :goodvibes

Hi Karin,

Wonderful photos and really putting us in the mood for our trip. We will be setting off when you are returning this time so no chance to meet.

We also had BCV booked but just changed to OKW as our son decided to come too and there is just more room and we love the pace there.

We will also be our first time on the Fantasy - the Eastern route - first time in Remy´s - can´t wait. Only been on the Magic to date.

We´ve gone crazy and are also doing a B2B - only we´ll be chasing down the road when we get off the Fantasy, boarding the Oasis out of Fort Lauderdale following up with a Western - should be quite a change.

Another first for us this time will be MNSSHP:)

Carole, Mike and Jenny

Carole, what a shame we won't have any pool time together. :( It was so much fun last year.
We need to compare our Fantasy experiences. :thumbsup2 Are you having lunch or dinner at Remy? We actually prefer lunch. :rotfl2: Lots of yummy champagne to wash it all down. ;)
Wow and then going to Lauderdale and cruising on the Oasis! You really know how to enjoy yourselves.

And I am SURE you are going to enjoy MNSSHP! We had a blast.

Give Jenny a hug from me! :hug:

THREE MORE SLEEPS!!!! :cheer2: :car: :beach: pixiedust: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Yes, only three more sleeps ....... and I am getting very close to the first one. :rotfl2:

Awesome photos Karin!

You are both going to have an amazing trip and I for one can't wait to read all about it :)

Wow Karin that is a LOT of updates !!!I highly approve of Strawberry shortcake or breakfast:rotfl2:Loved all the Key West pix !!! I really want to visit there someday !!!!

I wanted to post as many planned days as possible, but I am pretty sure I am not going to succeed. Still have A LOT of days to post and I just don't have the time.
Rosie, I was sure you would approve of the Strawberry shortcake for breakfast. ;)
And if you haven't been to Key West, you better make P&P plan a trip there, it is so lovely and laid back. :goodvibes

Karin - those are simply some of your best pictures. Key West looks amazing. Denny and I are going to St Augustine for a couple days in the middle of our October trip, but I have to say that the thought of driving to Key West is more than a little intriguing. It's got to be a really long drive. Probably not a good idea for us to try to go there for two nights.

I have been to Stormalong bay, but Denny never has. I think he would like the BCV. But honestly, he likes ALL the DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

I am sure you would LOVE Key West. It is such a beautiful place, so laid back and fun.
We have been to St Augustine a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Just try to find a hotel NOT directly on the main road. :rotfl2: It was pretty noisy.
Tom and I take two days going from Orlando to Key West. So we don't have to rush and can stop as often as we want.
If you ever go to Key West, you might consider the Southernmost on the Beach. It's NOT on the cheap side, but the rooms are awesome and you cannot beat the location. :beach:

Denny would love Stormalong Bay, no doubt. It is such an awesome pool and the resort is not shabby either. Doesn't Beaches and Cream tempt you too? ;)

Awesome photos Karin!

You are both going to have an amazing trip and I for one can't wait to read all about it :)

Thank you, Linda.
The excitement is building ....... especially now that we have pulled out most of the stuff we want to take. It is WAY too much. :lmao: Thank god we are allowed 4 suitcases this trip. ;)

Glad to know that I will have at least one reader once we return. :lmao:

Day 25, August 31

Key West

Again, we can sleep in a little, then head over to the Southernmost Café on the Beach for breakfast.

IMG_4744.JPG

After that we will either join a sightseeing tour

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

or drive to the botanical gardens to explore.
Around midday we will return to our room and maybe have a dip in the pool or just enjoy some time out on the balcony.

IMG_4748.JPG

IMG_4756.JPG

In the afternoon we will trek over to the Crown Plaza, La Concha on Duval Street

DSC_0198.JPG

for a nice afternoon cocktail

IMG_4799.JPG

and to enjoy the view of the island from the rooftop.

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

Walking back to the hotel we will pick up a few more souvenirs before heading to Salute’s or the Southernmost Café on the beach for dinner.

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

If we have not done it before we will drive to Mallory Square to watch the sunset. Once back in the room it will be time to pack up again before going to bed.

Love the Key West photos, Karin! I especially enjoy seeing and hearing all about your Key West visit because it is one place I will never visit - too many bridges! :sad2:

Just a few more hours and your Summer 2013 Adventure will begin! Hope you and Tom will be able to get some rest tonight. Godspeed, safe travels and have a Magical vacation!!! pixiedust: Hugs and love to you both! :hug: So excited for you!!:yay: :dance3:

I just have such a hard time going to Florida and not going to WDW!!! This April only being at Universal was soo wrong !!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter