Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I have had a few experiences since starting WW where I realized that my "normal" - even when I thought I was being moderate - was a LOT of points! I made pancakes for the family today and thought "I'll just have one...can't be that many points.". After figuring in one pancake and a drizzle of syrup, it was 3 points. Just for that. Who ever eats one small-sized pancake? :). Anyway, it has encouraged me to eat way more F & V because they're point-free. I also need to work on not snacking, or snacking on just fruits or vegetables...it's very easy to go over my points if I snack on almost anything else.

And then there are some hormonally-induced-eating days, where I could eat through the whole kitchen and still want more. Writing it down keeps me from going carnival ape crazy! :)

I'm back from a week in Nova Scotia visiting my mother. I told her that I would cook the meals while I was there if she would do the dishes. (I HATE doing dishes!) She agreed. I went to my WI while I was there and was down 1.2. My mother, who doesn't go to WW but really should, lost 3!!

I'm back from a week in Nova Scotia visiting my mother. I told her that I would cook the meals while I was there if she would do the dishes. (I HATE doing dishes!) She agreed. I went to my WI while I was there and was down 1.2. My mother, who doesn't go to WW but really should, lost 3!!

Awesome! My parents are coming to visit me next week and I am scared. The last time they were down I gained .4. I know it isn't a lot. But I need to really watch what I put in my mouth next week.

Hi I've been reading a little bit here the last few days and wondering if I can join in? I've done ww in the past then gained it all back and then some! I reaally need to lose 2 stone or thereabouts (28lbs) and I'm intending to join ww again in september when my kids go back to school. Right now I'm just fighting the urge to eat everything in sight before I join up again-even foods I dont usually like or crave are calling my name:scared1:
Sort of hoping that if I join in here it might stop me gaining an extra load of weight! Why is it as soon as I think about eating healthily all I want is junk:confused3
I'm also going to try C25K (again-I keep getting to wk 4 and giving up) as I'd like to do a disney race before I'm 50 (3 and a bit years from now)! Dont think my knees could take me running at the moment so I'm starting with brisk walking instead:)

I just got back from DL last night. I think I will wait until tomorrow or so to weigh-in (perk of being an online member). I am so puffy from all the waking and flying!

WI today. I'm down 2.4 and my hubby is down 3.6. Last night a coworker had donuts and I said no thanks, I'm trying to behave myself. She said she noticed last week that I was losing weight. :) That made my night!

Hey everyone, I've been MIA lately. I've been so busy. My high schooler started band camp and well it's like boot camp. She is there almost everyday 8-8. They serve lunch and dinner. I've been volunteering to help nearly everyday so my eating habits have been horrible. Plus I'm going through hormonal issues and that hasn't been fun either. However, I grabbed all my weight watchers stuff out and reread it. Not that I forgot how it works just thought rereading it would be good for getting back on track.

Everyone is doing so well and glad to see we have more people joining the thread. Someone said they were doing the 30 day shred. I remember the first time I did that workout the next day I had to walk down the stairs backwards cause my legs hurt so bad, lol

Welcome home Jessie! every time my mom comes to visit she loses weight too.

I lost 2.8 pounds this week, so a total of 9.5. I'll take it! :)

I also signed up for a Learn to Run program with a friend. It starts September 4th so I have a bit of time to lose some more weight before I start!

Hey everyone, I've been MIA lately. I've been so busy. My high schooler started band camp and well it's like boot camp. She is there almost everyday 8-8. They serve lunch and dinner. I've been volunteering to help nearly everyday so my eating habits have been horrible. Plus I'm going through hormonal issues and that hasn't been fun either. However, I grabbed all my weight watchers stuff out and reread it. Not that I forgot how it works just thought rereading it would be good for getting back on track.

Everyone is doing so well and glad to see we have more people joining the thread. Someone said they were doing the 30 day shred. I remember the first time I did that workout the next day I had to walk down the stairs backwards cause my legs hurt so bad, lol

Welcome home Jessie! every time my mom comes to visit she loses weight too.

:thanks:

Welcome, luvpooh!

WI was tonight, and I was down 1.8. That makes 4.6 for my first two weeks! Of course, I wish it were more, but I am thrilled to see the scale going in the right direction! I could do less snacking (or choose better foods!) and more movement, and maybe that will help me keep losing.

Congratulations to everyone for your successes - losing pounds, saying no to doughnuts and other less-healthy foods, getting back on the plan, and staying positive!

Welcome, luvpooh!

WI was tonight, and I was down 1.8. That makes 4.6 for my first two weeks! Of course, I wish it were more, but I am thrilled to see the scale going in the right direction! I could do less snacking (or choose better foods!) and more movement, and maybe that will help me keep losing.

Congratulations to everyone for your successes - losing pounds, saying no to doughnuts and other less-healthy foods, getting back on the plan, and staying positive!
Thanks for the welcome:) Sounds like you're doing great. I def need to snack less
I lost 2.8 pounds this week, so a total of 9.5. I'll take it! :)

I also signed up for a Learn to Run program with a friend. It starts September 4th so I have a bit of time to lose some more weight before I start!
I decided that I want to run/walk a disney race before I'm 50 (just over 3 years away) so would love to hear how you get on:)

Hi I've been reading a little bit here the last few days and wondering if I can join in? I've done ww in the past then gained it all back and then some! I reaally need to lose 2 stone or thereabouts (28lbs) and I'm intending to join ww again in september when my kids go back to school. Right now I'm just fighting the urge to eat everything in sight before I join up again-even foods I dont usually like or crave are calling my name:scared1:
Sort of hoping that if I join in here it might stop me gaining an extra load of weight! Why is it as soon as I think about eating healthily all I want is junk:confused3
I'm also going to try C25K (again-I keep getting to wk 4 and giving up) as I'd like to do a disney race before I'm 50 (3 and a bit years from now)! Dont think my knees could take me running at the moment so I'm starting with brisk walking instead:)

Of course you can join in! Glad to have you here. :goodvibes

I was down 2.4 last night -- so I lost the .4 I had gained the week before plus another 2 lbs. I'm happy with that! Total loss since joining in March is 46.2 -- I can see that 50 lb milestone on the horizon! Dd (I attend with her) expects to reach it next week, I'm figuring at least two more weeks (if not three) for me.

I had to go shopping for some smaller bras last night. :cool1: (Apologies to any guys that might be reading.)

Since I've gone from size 22 to 18 in five months, I am wondering if I can reasonably expect to be a size 14 by next April. I almost bought a pair of capris in size 14 last night (clearance, but still $20.00) for our trip to WDW next April, but talked myself out of it.

Is anybody entering the WW Celebrate Success contest? I filled out the application and wrote the essay. But I'm stuck on that "before" picture because I avoided the camera. The only full-body pics of me just happen to be taken at WDW with dh in them. I don't know how to remove him or the identifying WDW features. All the other recent pics of me have grandkids standing in front of me or are only head shots.

Morning all!!! Again thanks for letting me join the group. So I weighed in on Monday and lost the .8 I gained last week from being sick. So, I'll take that as a victory. My goals this week are to get off the couch and to drink more water. Hope everyone is well.

By the way, I didn't give all my stats. I am a 30yr old married mother of an 8yr old girl. I live in northern NJ and work in a physical therapy office where I sit at a desk all day. Hoping to get up, get motivated and attempt the Disney 1/2 in January, but if nothing else, the 5K with my daughter!!!!

Morning all!!! Again thanks for letting me join the group. So I weighed in on Monday and lost the .8 I gained last week from being sick. So, I'll take that as a victory. My goals this week are to get off the couch and to drink more water. Hope everyone is well.

By the way, I didn't give all my stats. I am a 30yr old married mother of an 8yr old girl. I live in northern NJ and work in a physical therapy office where I sit at a desk all day. Hoping to get up, get motivated and attempt the Disney 1/2 in January, but if nothing else, the 5K with my daughter!!!!

Welcome! I sit at a desk all day as well. I am signed up for the half in January, but it is going to be a walk/run for me!

I was down 2.4 last night -- so I lost the .4 I had gained the week before plus another 2 lbs. I'm happy with that! Total loss since joining in March is 46.2 -- I can see that 50 lb milestone on the horizon! Dd (I attend with her) expects to reach it next week, I'm figuring at least two more weeks (if not three) for me.

I had to go shopping for some smaller bras last night. :cool1: (Apologies to any guys that might be reading.)

Since I've gone from size 22 to 18 in five months, I am wondering if I can reasonably expect to be a size 14 by next April. I almost bought a pair of capris in size 14 last night (clearance, but still $20.00) for our trip to WDW next April, but talked myself out of it.

Is anybody entering the WW Celebrate Success contest? I filled out the application and wrote the essay. But I'm stuck on that "before" picture because I avoided the camera. The only full-body pics of me just happen to be taken at WDW with dh in them. I don't know how to remove him or the identifying WDW features. All the other recent pics of me have grandkids standing in front of me or are only head shots.

Great job! You and DD need to go do something special when you reach that 50 lb goal.

Hello, as a jersey girl myself have to ask what part of North Jersey are you from?

Welcome! I sit at a desk all day as well. I am signed up for the half in January, but it is going to be a walk/run for me!

Hello, as a jersey girl myself have to ask what part of North Jersey are you from?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Aburns!!!! We'll have to do a WW meetup group then!!!!!

I am from Bergen County. I'm about as north as you can get lol!!!!

Hello, as a jersey girl myself have to ask what part of North Jersey are you from?

I am from Bergen County. I'm about as north as you can get lol!!!![/QUOTE]

My mom grew up in Bergen County, but I may have you beat with the most North, I grew up in Sussex County :goodvibes. My husband and I settled in Hunterdon Co. for many years before his job moved us to North Carolina. Miss jersey though.

I am from Bergen County. I'm about as north as you can get lol!!!!

My mom grew up in Bergen County, but I may have you beat with the most North, I grew up in Sussex County :goodvibes. My husband and I settled in Hunterdon Co. for many years before his job moved us to North Carolina. Miss jersey though.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about sussex...lol I'm literally 10 minutes from the NY state border. We were thinking about moving to North Carolina for my hubby's job, but it fell through. :o( Ah well.

Hoping to fit into this...bought it in a smaller size!

set

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter