Welcome to the CAROUSEL of PROGRESS challenge for December 2015!!

Bad week keeps getting more hilarious. We are three hours delayed due to plane malfunction. Been here for about 6 hours. Waiting.

Oh no! Are you still in LA or did you at least make it to your connecting airport? I hope it isn't an ADR night!

On the bright side, a lot of good stuff has happened this week so maybe you will get upgraded to first class and you will get to sit next to <fill in the blank airplane dream seat mate>.

Bad week keeps getting more hilarious. We are three hours delayed due to plane malfunction. Been here for about 6 hours. Waiting.

But you are still on your way to Disney! And I would much rather a plane malfunction on the ground at the airport than anywhere else. Maybe you'll get a credit or something. Did you have anything scheduled for arrival night? Hoping you get in the air soon if you aren't already!! :wizard:

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have been lurking the last couple of weeks and I thought I would chime in. I am planning on being here in January,

My name is Dona and I was on this thread a while ago. Life has gotten in the way the last two years but I am hoping, not hoping but sure, that this year will be wonderful.

I am pretty much where I was the last time I was here. I need to lose some weight since ds1 gets married Aug 2016 and ds2 gets married April 2017 and the following year we are going DL to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. I am not weighing in this month but starting to log on here to get used to doing it.

I am a big Star Wars fan but dh and I will wait until after Christmas to see it. I am now working as an adjunct professor( I retired in June after teaching 38 years in the same school)at a college in town and dh works as a traffic greeter in the parking lot. We will both be off starting next Tues until the third week in Jan.

Have a happy and healthy weekend.

Dec 19

2008:
It is announced that the Chicago Film Critics Association has name Disney-Pixar's Wall-E as its Best Picture of the Year.

wall-e humans.jpg

While we all love Wall-E and Eve, it is scary to imagine a world where EVERYONE is so sedentary and overweight that they essentially LIVE in a Lazy-Boy recliner! What kind of a life is that?!

But as the world as a whole gets more and more overweight and obese, it is, sadly, getting easier and easier to imagine!

With the holidays close at hand (lots of sitting to eat and open gifts and sing carols and drink eggnog), lots of driving/riding in cars to Grandma's house, and lots of sitting on the sofa watching Bowl games (important college football [US football for my UK friends] for my non-sporting/non-U.S. Friends), what do you have in your exercise arsenal to counteract all of that SITTING??

Do you set a timer and get up and walk for 5 minutes every hour? Do you get up 30 minutes ahead of schedule to be sure to get in a walk/run before the day starts? Do you set up appointments with your trainer or make exercise dates with friends to keep you committed? Have you dusted off your favorite exercise DVDs??

In other words, how are YOU making sure that a Wall-E reality doesn't settle upon your life!!??

DBf and I went to the Marathon Event, started at 2am with Episode 1, finished at 9:30pm after Episode 7! We both love going to the movies, and go multiple times a week. In order to avoid the food temptations, we usually pack my large purse with snacks for the entirety of the marathon, and settle on 1 bucket of popcorn for the day; once it's gone, it's gone. We also only get popcorn once a week instead of each time we go to the theater since we're there so often.

While the idea of the marathon sounds like fun, I don't know how you did it! I'd get the proverbial "ants in my pants" by the end of the second movie.... then I'd start perseverating on all of the holiday cleaning/decorating/wrapping/shopping/cooking I haven't done yet... and then I'd have a backache for sitting too long! But it definitely sounds like FUN! DS would LOVE to do something like that! And good for you for limiting the popcorn to once a week! I sometimes avoid seeing movies I would like to see just because I know the popcorn will be an issue for me! So what did you think of the new SW movie (no spoilers, of course!)??

Reporting in with a not-very-exciting gain of 3 lbs ... so I'm at 0%
I'm really disappointed. Now I have 13 days left in the week, and instead of trying to lose a manageable 3 lbs, I'm now facing 5 lbs, which will be really hard for me.

How about just concentrating on losing those 3 for now.... or even just ONE this week?? Don't set yourself up for failure! Stick close by with us, keep your motivation and activity level up and you will end the month just fine, I'm sure!

OH NO! I'm so sorry! Like someone else said, maybe in the long run it will be best...... perhaps you will get a good airline compensation! Safe travels from here on out!!

Hi everyone. I have been lurking the last couple of weeks and I thought I would chime in. I am planning on being here in January,

My name is Dona and I was on this thread a while ago. Life has gotten in the way the last two years but I am hoping, not hoping but sure, that this year will be wonderful.

I am pretty much where I was the last time I was here. I need to lose some weight since ds1 gets married Aug 2016 and ds2 gets married April 2017 and the following year we are going DL to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. I am not weighing in this month but starting to log on here to get used to doing it.

I am a big Star Wars fan but dh and I will wait until after Christmas to see it. I am now working as an adjunct professor( I retired in June after teaching 38 years in the same school)at a college in town and dh works as a traffic greeter in the parking lot. We will both be off starting next Tues until the third week in Jan.

Well, HELLOOOOO to my friend!!! So glad to see you! WOWZA..... two weddings within just a few months! My brother and I did that to my parents too..... he got married in September and I got married the following May.... I think my Mom just cried for a year straight (not that she didn't like the spouses.... just an emotional time for a Mom). You have got HUGE incentive to be looking your very best.... TWO MOG dresses in the works for you! SO glad you are back here with us! Merry Christmas!

Hi friends! Happy Saturday! Hope you all are well! I am, of course, crazy busy trying to get ready for Christmas.... lots of cleaning, wrapping, shopping, decorating in our house this weekend! I'll be back later to chat more!...........p

Weigh in today - lost 1.5 pounds which is 125% to goal.

This week was very rough for me mentally. I was -39 weekly points and last night I had a little binge sesh which was very frustrating and I felt like I had undone all my hard work.

So I want to post some non-scale victories (NSV) because I made some pretty awesome changes and couldn't concentrate on any of that because I was afraid of the number is see this am.

- I worked out 6 days this week and they were great workouts!
- yesterday I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza instead of a really unhealthy pizza that in the past I would have eaten 4 pieces of.
- over the weekend my dad gave me a holiday twix bar that was divided into 2 Santa heads. Instead of binging and eating both that night I put them in the fridge. I ate one on a night when I had the leftover points and then I ate the other last night in a moment of weakness.
- I tracked all week even though I knew that weekly number was looking rough.

Focusing on those NSVs made me realize that some days/weeks you're going to fall. All that matters is that we are making progress!

ok, i'm too far behind again to read and catch up. I need to make a monster grocery list for the next week when my family is here to stay for 4-5 days. i'm just popping in to say i'm still on track for my holiday workout challenge that i'm in...and my dog has been getting lot of exercise too! not sure about my weight, i'll check it first of next week. i'm behind! but I made it through my beyond crazy hectic week...

While the idea of the marathon sounds like fun, I don't know how you did it! I'd get the proverbial "ants in my pants" by the end of the second movie.... then I'd start perseverating on all of the holiday cleaning/decorating/wrapping/shopping/cooking I haven't done yet... and then I'd have a backache for sitting too long! But it definitely sounds like FUN! DS would LOVE to do something like that! And good for you for limiting the popcorn to once a week! I sometimes avoid seeing movies I would like to see just because I know the popcorn will be an issue for me! So what did you think of the new SW movie (no spoilers, of course!)??

The marathons aren't terrible on my back, we usually go to ones at theaters with the recliners, so it's really comfy! And there was 30-45 minute breaks between each movie to get up and move around, and we could leave the theater if we wanted, so a few laps around the building wasn't out of the question :)

Also, the new movie was AMAZING! And I saw it again this morning, and it's just as good the second time around. Now to start the countdown to Episode 8 :)

Just a quick check in. My boyfriend has arrived and my spare time for playing on the computer has decreased significantly! So much catching up to do!

But the good news is that I can report another loss this week and I am currently at 123%! So happy that this month went so well! And this is even with a number of cookies added into the month! I am determined to keep the momentum going over the holidays. We will see how this goes. But I sat down yesterday to make a meal plan for all of the coming week. Very proud of myself! Even Michael (boyfriend) seems to see the advantage of it as we both don't like that we tend to eat out too much, which is pricey and often not conducive to weight loss. He commented on how having a plan and knowing that we shopped for the plan really makes the eating in so much easier! Yes, dear, that's the idea!

@pjlla I remember how when I started on these threads I was so full of admiration for you how good you were at constantly tracking and how organised you are with your meal plans. I seem to have tackled the tracking and I am now starting on the meal planning. The great thing is, no one needs to go from 0 to 100 in one second, but I am so grateful for your inspiration as that really motivated me to improve my ways!

Dec 20

1971:

Roy O. Disney, (one of) Walt's older brothers, business partner, and co-founder of The Walt Disney Company, passes away at the age of 78 in Burbank, California. Roy served as the company's chief executive officer (1929–1971) and president(1945–1971). While Walt was the creative man, Roy was the one who made sure the company was financially stable - and it was Roy who made sure Walt Disney World was built after Walt's passing.

So while Walt Disney gets most of the attention and credit, quietly and diligently behind the scenes his brother Roy was working with him and for him all those years. I imagine it's not a stretch to say that without Roy O. Disney in ADDITION to Walt Disney, there would be no Disneyland and Walt Disney World as we know them today.

Take a moment today to give credit to someone in your life that had a positive influence on you becoming who you are today

This week was very rough for me mentally. I was -39 weekly points and last night I had a little binge sesh which was very frustrating and I felt like I had undone all my hard work.

So I want to post some non-scale victories (NSV) because I made some pretty awesome changes and couldn't concentrate on any of that because I was afraid of the number is see this am.

- yesterday I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza instead of a really unhealthy pizza that in the past I would have eaten 4 pieces of.
- over the weekend my dad gave me a holiday twix bar that was divided into 2 Santa heads. Instead of binging and eating both that night I put them in the fridge. I ate one on a night when I had the leftover points and then I ate the other last night in a moment of weakness.

Focusing on those NSVs made me realize that some days/weeks you're going to fall. All that matters is that we are making progress!

I was SOOO VERY delighted to read your NSVs! It is SO IMPORTANT to look at ALL of the positive progress we make along this path, not JUST the numbers on the scale! WTG!!

ok, i'm too far behind again to read and catch up. I need to make a monster grocery list for the next week when my family is here to stay for 4-5 days. i'm just popping in to say i'm still on track for my holiday workout challenge that i'm in...and my dog has been getting lot of exercise too! not sure about my weight, i'll check it first of next week. i'm behind! but I made it through my beyond crazy hectic week...

Don't worry about being behind.... I am behind on EVERYTHING in my life right now! It is the holidays and we all understand! Thanks for popping on with an update!

The marathons aren't terrible on my back, we usually go to ones at theaters with the recliners, so it's really comfy! And there was 30-45 minute breaks between each movie to get up and move around, and we could leave the theater if we wanted, so a few laps around the building wasn't out of the question :)

Also, the new movie was AMAZING! And I saw it again this morning, and it's just as good the second time around. Now to start the countdown to Episode 8 :)

We have recliners too.... but that it probably why I dozed off for a bit!

Just a quick check in. My boyfriend has arrived and my spare time for playing on the computer has decreased significantly! So much catching up to do!

But the good news is that I can report another loss this week and I am currently at 123%! So happy that this month went so well! And this is even with a number of cookies added into the month! I am determined to keep the momentum going over the holidays. We will see how this goes. But I sat down yesterday to make a meal plan for all of the coming week. Very proud of myself! Even Michael (boyfriend) seems to see the advantage of it as we both don't like that we tend to eat out too much, which is pricey and often not conducive to weight loss. He commented on how having a plan and knowing that we shopped for the plan really makes the eating in so much easier! Yes, dear, that's the idea!

@pjlla I remember how when I started on these threads I was so full of admiration for you how good you were at constantly tracking and how organised you are with your meal plans. I seem to have tackled the tracking and I am now starting on the meal planning. The great thing is, no one needs to go from 0 to 100 in one second, but I am so grateful for your inspiration as that really motivated me to improve my ways!

WOOHOO on BOYFRIEND TIME!!!! :love2:

Thanks for your kind words. I will say that tracking has fallen by the wayside this month and that is probably WHY I am barely at 30% of my goal for December. I am going to the market TODAY and will buy pretty much ALL of my food for the remainder of the year! So good PLAN is a MUST! Christmas Eve/Day are easy, because we stick with a tradition.... but beyond that will require a solid menu plan! But my pot of 15 bean soup for lunches is done and delicious!

Morning all! I didn't get nearly enough done yesterday! And here it is 8:30 and today isn't looking so good either! YIKES! I am in FULL ON PANIC MODE as far as getting holiday stuff done!

Time to eat breakfast and be PRODUCTIVE!...............P

Do you like going to the movies? What do you like more.... the movie or the goodies (popcorn, candies) that seem to go along with a movie? I know for myself, movie theater popcorn is a big temptation! How do you handle these events that seem to go hand-in-hand with eating temptations??

I love going to the movies and I love goodies at the movies (popcorn, sour patch kids, and junior mints to be precise). I've somehow turned into my grandparents though and I hardly ever go to the movies because it is so expensive and "I can watch it on the TV in six months anyway." The once a year or so that I actually go to a theatre I happily munch away on both the popcorn and one of the boxes of candies.

FRIDAY, Dec 18
Another Friday is here! Remember, report your PROGRESS TOWARD GOAL as a percentage.... and either post it here or send me a PM. I'll take reports until Monday and try to have the results updated by Monday night.

We are heading into the home stretch, both regarding our challenge AND the holidays! Christmas is one week away and New Year's Eve is two weeks away.... but there is STILL TIME to make positive progress this month!!

On this day in Disney history, in 1971, Walt Disney World's very first Candlelight Processional is held. The processional travels down Main Street to the Cinderella Castle forecourt where a performance featuring 1200 carolers from across Florida takes place. Film star Rock Hudson narrates the Christmas story. (Hudson would go on to narrate the processional at Walt Disney World again in 1973, 1974, 1977, and 1980. The processional stayed at Walt Disney World until 1993 when it moved to the American Gardens Theatre in EPCOT.)

How many of you have been LUCKY enough to attend the Candlelight Processional at Disney? Or any other Disney special event or party? Is it worth the extra money? Which one have you attended and how did you like it? Share pictures if you would like!

Holding steady at 201 this week, one pound over start, and so still at 0%. I'm happy with the fact that I'm basically maintaining despite near constant exposure to Christmas cookies but I really want to see in the New Year in Onederland. Maintaining isn't the goal. Still not entirely sure about the best way to make a few pounds off happen, particularly as the holiday events really pile up this week. Clearly the thing to do would be to stop eating the treats. I can't realistically combine seeing 199.9 with eating everything in sight.

I've been lucky enough to visit Disneyworld twice during the Christmas season and have been to Disneyland several times for New Year's Eve. Love the decorations, love the Candlelight Processional, but could live without the crowds.

MVMCP was not worth the money for me when we went a few years ago. It was VERY crowded and I'm not all that into meeting characters (although I often think I would like to be and I just need practice). My favorite ticketed event is the Halloween party at Disneyland. The fireworks are the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. Plus I love trick or treating even if the candy isn't all that great!

Forgot to report that I FINALLY made some scale progress (despite last night's treats) and have hit 35% of my December goal! Now I just want to hold onto it, even if I don't make further progress!................P

Woohoo!

Welcome!!!

Dec 19

2008:

It is announced that the Chicago Film Critics Association has name Disney-Pixar's Wall-E as its Best Picture of the Year.

While we all love Wall-E and Eve, it is scary to imagine a world where EVERYONE is so sedentary and overweight that they essentially LIVE in a Lazy-Boy recliner! What kind of a life is that?!

But as the world as a whole gets more and more overweight and obese, it is, sadly, getting easier and easier to imagine!

With the holidays close at hand (lots of sitting to eat and open gifts and sing carols and drink eggnog), lots of driving/riding in cars to Grandma's house, and lots of sitting on the sofa watching Bowl games (important college football [US football for my UK friends] for my non-sporting/non-U.S. Friends), what do you have in your exercise arsenal to counteract all of that SITTING??

Do you set a timer and get up and walk for 5 minutes every hour? Do you get up 30 minutes ahead of schedule to be sure to get in a walk/run before the day starts? Do you set up appointments with your trainer or make exercise dates with friends to keep you committed? Have you dusted off your favorite exercise DVDs??

In other words, how are YOU making sure that a Wall-E reality doesn't settle upon your life!!??

This one turns into a ball of crazy if she doesn't get enough exercise. I like the stuffing to stay in the throw pillows and the tree to stay upright in the stand so I get at least a few miles a day no matter how much I would like to stay curled up on the couch. No complaint here! I get a well-behaved dog and 10,000+ steps/day.

View attachment 140650

Great geat great job!

Woohoo! Congratulations on the loss! I hope you have a wonderful time with the boyfriend! And I second the admiration for @pjlla

Dec 21

From : http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/December/brightsideday.htm

Look on the Bright Side Day" is today. We hope you see the light. Literally looking on the bright side may be a bit difficult today. It is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. And, December days tend to be cloudy. However, we're going to be optimistic, and fully expect you to succeed.

Look on the Bright Side Day is a day to be optimistic. The term itself is an optimistic one. It calls upon us to look for something positive, out of an otherwise bad or sad situation. Often, a bad experience has positive lessons to be learned.

If you have a bad day yesterday, look on the bright side.... today is another day, and an optimistic one at that!”

Today, please share something positive that you have experienced along this journey this month... perhaps an NSV (or even an “SV”), a new healthy recipe you discovered, an exercise milestone... whatever! Share your BRIGHT SIDE with us!!

Dec 21

From : http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/December/brightsideday.htm

Look on the Bright Side Day" is today. We hope you see the light. Literally looking on the bright side may be a bit difficult today. It is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. And, December days tend to be cloudy. However, we're going to be optimistic, and fully expect you to succeed.

Look on the Bright Side Day is a day to be optimistic. The term itself is an optimistic one. It calls upon us to look for something positive, out of an otherwise bad or sad situation. Often, a bad experience has positive lessons to be learned.

If you have a bad day yesterday, look on the bright side.... today is another day, and an optimistic one at that!”

Today, please share something positive that you have experienced along this journey this month... perhaps an NSV (or even an “SV”), a new healthy recipe you discovered, an exercise milestone... whatever! Share your BRIGHT SIDE with us!!

Love this! I didn't think about it being Winter Solstice today. No wonder why it still looks so gloomy and dark out. Not that it'll get much brighter. It's a generally dreary day here.

I'm loving NSVs right now! It's keeping me mentally in check which is a big part of this process. This weekend I had two Christmas's, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Both nights, I only got one plate of food and I didn't heap it on like I have in the past. I didn't eat anything that didn't appeal to me (which I normally would because it's on my plate so I feel the need to eat it). I also didn't go crazy with sweets but I definitely enjoyed some guilt free. I tracked almost everything the best that I could. Several people commented on my weight loss and it was great!

here we go..approaching the busiest week of the year! my family arrives on wed and will stay until late Monday so I will be even more limited! thinking of you all ----

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter