Welcome to the CAROUSEL of PROGRESS challenge for December 2015!!

Hi all! At work today, Kindergarten in the a.m. and now office substitute....... just wishing I had opted for another spot because the sub there just got to go home!! Grrrrr :mad:

Heading right to the grocery store after work today..... I intended to go over the weekend, but just didn't have the motivation. So now I make my Monday crazy..... oh well.

Off to be productive! TTYL.............P

Just popping in to express my admiration to all you WISHers keeping up with your plans and goals. I'm so busy with work, family, Christmas, cooking/baking, etc, etc that I have let exercise fall by the wayside. Still sticking with my meal plans and doing well with that but missed my WW meeting on Friday. I've been checking in, reading along, but just having time management issues.

Dec 22

Depending on what calendar you look at, today may be the Winter Solstice.... I'll let you decide for yourself if it was yesterday or today.

Anyhooo.........

1982:

On this day, at 4:34 in the afternoon, all power to Disneyland (and Anaheim) is cut due to winds knocking over a northern California powerline.

Wowza.... I cannot imagine the craziness that ensued at that point in time! I guess I would have imagined that Disney had some sort of “back-up plan”.

Do you have a back-up plan for your your healthy eating? What do you grab when time gets away from you? Do you have a quick and easy and HEALTHY meal that you can go to when things get a little crazy? Maybe you keep jars of soup in the freezer to grab for brown bag lunches? Or perhaps you always have a few grilled chicken breasts in the fridge? What is your back-up plan?

Work has been so crazy and I haven't been able to check in like I want to. I have somehow magically managed to get to 70% of my goal though. I'm not going to lie my eating has been off. Work just keeps shoving cookies and other bad for you foods at us and I'm eating those and going home and skipping dinner and going right to bed. So math wise for calories in vs out I guess it's working. I want to get back to fully healthy though! My training is more consistent than ever though which is nice and completely helping. I'm pretty sure my legs are going to fall off though between all the running miles then standing for another 10+ hours at work daily though. :headache:

Dec 22
Do you have a back-up plan for your your healthy eating? What do you grab when time gets away from you? Do you have a quick and easy and HEALTHY meal that you can go to when things get a little crazy? Maybe you keep jars of soup in the freezer to grab for brown bag lunches? Or perhaps you always have a few grilled chicken breasts in the fridge? What is your back-up plan?

My back up plan for something healthy to eat is actually really simple. Canned tuna over cucumbers or celery with a tiny bit of dressing or just some garlic and olive oil. The flavored packets of tuna make this a lot easier. I'll do the same with left over chicken. Sometimes I'll toss in some sunflower seeds. Basically just a salad without the lettuce.

Fruit is my grab and go, and yogurt if it's breakfast.

Hey friends! As expected, things are super quiet here this week! So happy that a few of you are still finding a minute or two (or 10) to post and answer the QOTD!

I'm at school today and of course have WW tonight, so you probably won't hear from me until tomorrow morning! But I'm trying to gather this week's results and get them posted before I leave here today!......P

Drum roll please........

RESULTS for week #3 of the December WISH challenge!!

courtneybeth 167%

DisPup75 0%

dsnyfn1022 125%

DVCFan1994 25%

Flossbolna 123%

flvy 70%

mickeyfanachey1999 45.7%

pjlla 35%

SarahDisney0%

If I missed your report or PM, let me know and I will add you to the list asap!

Keep plugging away.... there is TIME to make PROGRESS before this month (and year) ends!......P

Hi, friends! Things are busy here, finishing up a few projects and whatnot. We had our first of 5 Christmases on Sunday, so it will be non-stop for us until Friday evening.

Does anyone have any ideas or requests for January themes? I was toying around with January 2016: A New Hope, but figured we're probably all Star Wars-ed out LOL. Let me know here or in PM if you have an idea!

Hi, friends! Things are busy here, finishing up a few projects and whatnot. We had our first of 5 Christmases on Sunday, so it will be non-stop for us until Friday evening.

Does anyone have any ideas or requests for January themes? I was toying around with January 2016: A New Hope, but figured we're probably all Star Wars-ed out LOL. Let me know here or in PM if you have an idea!

I like that idea! Anything that suggests "fresh start" or something like that is always good in January! New Hope totally says that!...................P

Dec 21

From : http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/December/brightsideday.htm

Look on the Bright Side Day" is today. We hope you see the light. Literally looking on the bright side may be a bit difficult today. It is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. And, December days tend to be cloudy. However, we're going to be optimistic, and fully expect you to succeed.

Look on the Bright Side Day is a day to be optimistic. The term itself is an optimistic one. It calls upon us to look for something positive, out of an otherwise bad or sad situation. Often, a bad experience has positive lessons to be learned.

If you have a bad day yesterday, look on the bright side.... today is another day, and an optimistic one at that!”

Today, please share something positive that you have experienced along this journey this month... perhaps an NSV (or even an “SV”), a new healthy recipe you discovered, an exercise milestone... whatever! Share your BRIGHT SIDE with us!!

My NSV I will celebrate this week is resisting/avoiding all the HOLIDAY TREATS that are everywhere (here at school) this week!! Breakfast in kindergarten today (pancakes, syrup, whipped cream, hot chocolate, Dunkin Munchkins, bacon, sausage, cookies), cupcakes and cookies EVERYWHERE, candies (from decorating gingerbread houses and gingerbread men), sugar cookies and sweet breads and BOWLS of chocolates here in the office.... it is an ASSAULT of food! And through it all I have had one clementine, a few grapes, some cucumber slices, and ONE cookie. Also managing to stay on track with my meals at home for the past 5 days.... so fingers crossed for a maintain (or even a small loss) this week!

Dec 22

Depending on what calendar you look at, today may be the Winter Solstice.... I'll let you decide for yourself if it was yesterday or today.

Anyhooo.........

1982:

On this day, at 4:34 in the afternoon, all power to Disneyland (and Anaheim) is cut due to winds knocking over a northern California powerline.

Wowza.... I cannot imagine the craziness that ensued at that point in time! I guess I would have imagined that Disney had some sort of “back-up plan”.

Back up plan for me.... always, always have fruit on hand (mostly apples, but pears and bananas are good too)..... egg whites, fat-free greek yogurt, oatmeal and my frozen soups! I can get through most anything if I have that stuff on hand! ..........P

Hey guys.

I've kinda disappeared from this thread over the past few weeks. I've kinda ignored the whole "paying attention to what I eat" thing, and I've felt a little guilty coming on here.
But that stops today. Today is a religious fast day for me, so it seems like the perfect day to reset. I know I can't eat three bad meals today because I'm only eating one meal (after dark ... which thankfully is pretty early today).

So here's my plan for the rest of December:
1 - Track everything (to the best of my ability), including my handful of nuts. Even if this tells me that I'm eating 4,000 calories one day. It's better to have that information and be able to learn from it than to not know for sure whether I've gone off course.
2 - Stick to my planned meals and snacks. Track things in advance (because that helps me stick to the plan ... I'm way too lazy to change things that have already been tracked).

Starting off good so far - I always have a glass of orange juice right after a fast day ends, and I've already tracked my glass of OJ!

Dec 23

So, for those of you who celebrate........It's officially Christmas Eve-Eve! Merry Christmas!!

1962:

The television series Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color airs "Holiday Time at Disneyland." Walt Disney starts the episode by ringing a bell as Dickensian garbed Christmas carolers sing in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland.

dickens disney.jpg

Don't you wish that the Disney Channel would re-air some of these old classics? For us older folks it could be a holiday trip down memory lane.... and for the younger Disney-philes, it would be a great glimpse into Disney of the past.

Speaking of the past.... tell us about a holiday tradition you had growing up.... something you miss or something you try to recreate with your own family. Whatever it is, share a holiday tradition from days past! (BTW, it doesn't have to be a Christmas holiday tradition.)

Speaking of the past.... tell us about a holiday tradition you had growing up.... something you miss or something you try to recreate with your own family. Whatever it is, share a holiday tradition from days past! (BTW, it doesn't have to be a Christmas holiday tradition.)

I have lots of fun ones! When I was in elementary school one year we made "reindeer chow" which is just oatmeal, glitter, and sprinkles. You go out and put it in your front yard so that Santa could find your house and the reindeer would have something to eat. I'm 23 and my brothers are 15 and 12 and we still do this every Christmas Eve. I definitely plan on carrying this tradition through. The other thing we do is leave out cookies (of course) and Dr. Pepper for Santa! I was a sneaky little kid and knew that "Santa" absolutely hated Dr. Pepper. But my brothers were so young that they were easily swayed. So I convinced them that Santa needed Dr. Pepper! Every year we leave Dr. Pepper out for Santa.

Dec 23

We have always had multiple Christmases with different parts of the family, and Dec. 23 is Christmas Eve at my parents' house. Ever since I was little, Santa would come to our house on the 23, then we'd get up and open gifts on the 24, and go to my grandparents' house and stay the night, where Santa would come again on the 24 and we'd get up and open gifts with aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents on the 25. Now we've got a couple of extra Christmases with just me & DH on the 24 (skipping the staying-over-night at the grandparents due to our dog-child) and then getting up on the 25, driving the 2 hours to my grandparents', then driving 2 hours in another direction to DH's family Christmas at their great-grandmother's home, then driving an hour and a halfish home to collapse LOL.

We have always had multiple Christmases with different parts of the family, and Dec. 23 is Christmas Eve at my parents' house. Ever since I was little, Santa would come to our house on the 23, then we'd get up and open gifts on the 24, and go to my grandparents' house and stay the night, where Santa would come again on the 24 and we'd get up and open gifts with aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents on the 25. Now we've got a couple of extra Christmases with just me & DH on the 24 (skipping the staying-over-night at the grandparents due to our dog-child) and then getting up on the 25, driving the 2 hours to my grandparents', then driving 2 hours in another direction to DH's family Christmas at their great-grandmother's home, then driving an hour and a halfish home to collapse LOL.

Your Christmas sounds very whirlwind and exhausting!

We just got back home from what may be the best trip to Disney World to date! I could not have imagined a more perfect vacation - great eats (I'm scared to weigh in tomorrow!), good friends, and excellent weather. We left just as the parks were getting crowded with the Christmas crowd, so another perk.

Already feeling the post-Disney World vacation blues - actually started feeling it as we walked out of Magic Kingdom this afternoon before boarding the Magical Depress bus. As I crossed through the 'turnstiles' one last time I just started to cry and was not wanting it to end! It was just a lot of things hitting at once: MBA program is over, vacation is over, and now my social experiences will change. The other couple we went with was my classmate and his wife - so I'm used to seeing him at least 1-2 times per week for the last 2.5 years. It's going to be so different now. But the best part of the vacation was on Tuesday night when his wife and I were shopping in EPCOT's Japan and picked up some hair clips for me because "you're the best little sister a girl could want - so as your big sister I should get these for you!"

It really means so much to have that type of connection with our friends. To have people consider us to be family is huge since they have a relatively large social circle and somehow we've made it through to be in a special place. This trip was one part relaxation and another part relationship building. We are so much closer to one another - and we should be after sharing a Garden Wing Deluxe room at the Contemporary for 5 nights. That room was CRAZY in all of the best ways. It easily fit four people (sofa turned into a bed) and the two showers made it easier for couples to get ready.

Once we got past all of the insanity of the airport, the trip really turned into something amazing. Taking @JacknSally 's recommendation for Memory Maker was a good call because we got some pretty fab photos from photographers.

Now it's time to start planning our May 2016 trip :D

Dec 24

CHRISTMAS EVE! It's here!

Carousel of Progress 1.JPG

On the Carousel of Progress at Walt Disney World, the last scene involves the family getting ready for a Christmas Eve (or perhaps Christmas night) dinner. They end up with a burned turkey due to a malfunction with their voice-activated oven. Have you ever had a holiday cooking disaster? What was the outcome?

Things are certain to be quiet around here for the next 48 hours. But feel FREE to pop on and wish your WISH board friends a Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays!

Merry Christmas Eve! I wanted to weigh-in before all the festivities just to see where I was at. Pleasantly surprised! My DH told me it was cheating to weigh-in today in lieu of weighing on Saturday but I told him I didn't care LOL. So I'll probably post today's weigh-in on Saturday. We'll see!

I've been so busy and not stopping in, but it's dead here at work and I'm mostly caught up so I have time to check in! Yay!!!

We just got back home from what may be the best trip to Disney World to date! I could not have imagined a more perfect vacation - great eats (I'm scared to weigh in tomorrow!), good friends, and excellent weather. We left just as the parks were getting crowded with the Christmas crowd, so another perk.

Already feeling the post-Disney World vacation blues - actually started feeling it as we walked out of Magic Kingdom this afternoon before boarding the Magical Depress bus. As I crossed through the 'turnstiles' one last time I just started to cry and was not wanting it to end! It was just a lot of things hitting at once: MBA program is over, vacation is over, and now my social experiences will change. The other couple we went with was my classmate and his wife - so I'm used to seeing him at least 1-2 times per week for the last 2.5 years. It's going to be so different now. But the best part of the vacation was on Tuesday night when his wife and I were shopping in EPCOT's Japan and picked up some hair clips for me because "you're the best little sister a girl could want - so as your big sister I should get these for you!"

It really means so much to have that type of connection with our friends. To have people consider us to be family is huge since they have a relatively large social circle and somehow we've made it through to be in a special place. This trip was one part relaxation and another part relationship building. We are so much closer to one another - and we should be after sharing a Garden Wing Deluxe room at the Contemporary for 5 nights. That room was CRAZY in all of the best ways. It easily fit four people (sofa turned into a bed) and the two showers made it easier for couples to get ready.

Once we got past all of the insanity of the airport, the trip really turned into something amazing. Taking @JacknSally 's recommendation for Memory Maker was a good call because we got some pretty fab photos from photographers.

Now it's time to start planning our May 2016 trip :D

What lovely memories! I'm so glad you guys had a wonder trip-- and you're right, the only way to cure those Disney blues is to get to planning the next trip!

Dec 24

View attachment 141176

On the Carousel of Progress at Walt Disney World, the last scene involves the family getting ready for a Christmas Eve (or perhaps Christmas night) dinner. They end up with a burned turkey due to a malfunction with their voice-activated oven. Have you ever had a holiday cooking disaster? What was the outcome?

Things are certain to be quiet around here for the next 48 hours. But feel FREE to pop on and wish your WISH board friends a Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays!

I don't have any thing quite as disastrous as burning the turkey, but my cousin and I (who host/cook for all the holidays in our family) traditionally always forget one thing that we prepared ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator. We are REALLY good at that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I probably won't be on here to report this weekend, but I am right back where I started the month. Which considering how WAY off the rails I have been this past week at work and on my own with quick and easy rather than good food, I am ok with being at 0%. So far I haven't gained. I think that would have been a more realistic goal for me. So as long as I am not completely undoing what I did last month, I am a happy camper!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Good morning everyone and HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE! :)

I weighed in this morning and was happy with the pounds gained - only 1.5 pounds for what felt like the 'great eating trip'. I'm going to do an official weigh-in on Saturday morning to keep with consistency and use that number as my official number for the week!

Dec 24

carousel-of-progress-1-jpg.141176

Not a holiday cooking disaster but a cooking disaster! I wanted to surprise my husband with a home cooked meal about 2-3 months into our marriage. He'd had a long day at work and I wanted to make his evening a little less stressed so that he could relax. Long story short: i tried to make chicken fettuccine alfredo and failed miserably. I didn't know that you can't brown canned chicken, microwave alfredo sauce, and the pasta noodles were terrible. Suffice to say, he laughed at the mess I made and we ended up going out to dinner. He still teases me about that terrible disaster of a meal all these years later. :rotfl2:

Evening all! It has been a CRAZY day here trying to get last minute stuff done for Christmas day (wrapping, etc), Christmas Eve dinner, and get out the door on time for church! Phew! I am done.... ready to RELAX and enjoy tomorrow! Dinner was delicious and I did NOT overindulge on the main meal.... but probably a bit too much on the wine! Dessert was nice, but overly sweet for me (a LOVELY Christmas cake roll that DD made.... such a beautiful presentation!) so I wasn't too tempted to have a second piece.

Tomorrow will be two meals.... brunch about 9-10 am.... egg white crustless quiche, a small salad, and hashbrown potatoes.... plus cinnamon rolls that really don't tempt me at all (I mostly make them for DH). The temptations will be the mimosas! And "make-your-own" individual pizzas later in the day.... the temptation there will be the chips and desserts! DS is making a peanut butter cup dessert dip served with pita chips and graham sticks.... can't wait to try it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS to my friends who celebrate.... and to the rest of you, have a GREAT FRIDAY!! See you in the a.m.!..........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter