What "old person" things do you do?

I switch between the Beatles channel and Classic Rewind on Sirius XM. I think rap music is awful (I have to listen to it at work constantly).

I hate going out, once I'm home I just want to stay home which is not how my family is.

I used to crochet and knit, mostly scarves but still.

My grandma enjoys The Hallmark Channel movies and so do I so there's that.

I switch between the Beatles channel and Classic Rewind on Sirius XM. I think rap music is awful (I have to listen to it at work constantly).

I hate going out, once I'm home I just want to stay home which is not how my family is.

I used to crochet and knit, mostly scarves but still.

My grandma enjoys The Hallmark Channel movies and so do I so there's that.
I have to ask what you do that you have to listen to rap at work.

I write some checks and reconcile my checkbook each month.

I have not gone paperless with any bills.

I write notes and keep a calendar in my purse and one at home.

Tissues in my purse and pockets :)

Make calls on my cell and landline to have contact with certain family/friends.

Sunday dinners at home with my kids and grandchildren.

Have cable but don't "stream" or use netflix.

Don't have venmo, PayPal or quick pay

Don't have my cell phone attached to my hand

Lights on or bright lights - not to conserve - it bothers my eyes

Loud tv/commercials - loud music (I like it loud for dancing/parties/weddings but otherwise, I don't want a headache)

I am sure there are other things but these come to mind right now.

Last edited:
Hope all of our kids go out for the night on Fridays so DH and I can have an early dinner then sit in the dark and watch Ancient Aliens together.

And by watch I mean me fall asleep by 8:30 and he forgets I'm sitting next to him for a while and lets me sleep in peace lol

Last edited:
I whipped out my paper calendar (book) to write down a doctor appointment, and the receptionist (probably in her early 20s) said, "OMG, don't you have an Iphone?!?" (DH calls it the "family planner").

I have a personalized paper planner that I carry with me everywhere and I have planner time where I write everything out that I may have put on post it notes during the week bc it "relaxes me".

buy paper books
subscribe to paper newspaper
talk on landline rarely use cell phone
write checks to pay bills
have handwritten calendar and write notes
like older shows and movies
no social media
listen to music from a variety of decades and different types don’t like many current songs

Balance my checkbook / reconcile bank statement to the penny each month.

I don't write too many checks anymore, only those that charge me a fee to use a cc.... like my electric and gas companies. I know I can pay online through my bank, but I just prefer to write a check. So yeah, that right there is also an "old person" thing. :D
You mean everybody doesn't balance their bank statements?? I pay all of my bills via electronic checks (never auto pay which I think is a recipe for disaster) yet reconcile monthly. I wonder why some people don't?

Ah, very little of this stuff really counts. It's got to be one of those old people things that have nothing to do with technology, but just the state of being old.

The other day my DH fell right into that one. He was watching a movie from the 1980's (NOT on TCM or the like), and a bit player entered the scene. DH immediately felt the need to say, "He's dead now," referring to the actor playing the bit part. (I think it was Chris Penn, actually.) Cataloging how many of the actors in movies you are watching on TV are actually now dead is DEFINITELY an old person thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter