When will you consider resuming Canadian travel ?

Real Estate in Halifax and some surrounding areas is insane. We bought our semi-detached home in 2005 for $162,000. If we sold now for around $240,000, we couldn't afford to get a brand new one. New semis are at least $400,000.

We have thought about it many times as our street is turning into trash-ville and I'm sure our property value is dropping as I type.

I work for a real estate agent in Halifax and it has been a crazy year for sure. It is so hard for people who need/want to move since things move so quickly and over asking so much of the time it is easy to get priced out.

You couldn't pay me to cruise or fly right now. I have no issues driving places though. Now that I'm back living in BC (Victoria) I really have no desire to travel for the foreseeable future. There's so much beauty here on the Island. I had kind of put it out of my mind how much I missed the natural beauty here for the 7 years I was living in Ottawa. Now that I'm back I realize there's no place like home (as Dorothy said).
:wave2: from a fellow Victoria resident, we just got back from a long weekend at Sproat lake near Port Alberni. We were invited by my aunt and uncle.

We came back from a quick trip to Northern Ontario. It's just a touch over 900 k from our house to the inlaws. Quick week-end trip last week-end. Everywhere is like here. Masks, hand sanitizer, as usual not much traffic on highway 11. As usual there were about a hundred people waiting in line at Webers (total exaggeration on the number I know) but I have never had a Weber's burger. There is always a massive line up and I've never stopped in.

We've done Victoria and Whistler, but we do those yearly anyways. As Nexus holders, this has been a real struggle for us to stay within province haha.

I am in the "Atlantic bubble" and I am still not doing anything more than day trips to outdoor activities. I think travelling to other provinces won't feel comfortable to me for a long time. I would like to visit with family in Alberta but not enough to get on a plane or risk the exposure. My mom and I have a trip to England planned for May 2021 - I'm starting to research for 2022 in case we need to push it back :(

we had scotland planned for April 2021 and will likely be cancelling :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter