Which attraction for first ever ride?

This is a heavy weighted question for alot of people.

When I think of what makes WDW special, its the immersion and the imagineering , thats suspension of disbelief that brings out the wonder and amazement that come from being a child.

Although many of the parks capture that feeling. And they all have rides that embody that sentiment, MK is the best at it, and IMO has the most example of imagineering.

That long winded explanation boils down to this, as many others have stated , particularly for your age.....

1. The Haunted Mansion
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Space Mountain

in that order.

My first trip was also as an adult. For me, what made my first trip most magical was the nostalgia factor. My favorite movie as a girl was Little Mermaid, so I rode that first, and even though it is not one of the more "popular" rides it blew me away, and it's now tradition for me to ride it every trip. I also felt a lot of "wow" at Peter Pan--another childhood favorite of mine. 7DMT is super fun, but it doesn't have the same pull for me because I never watched snow white much as a kid because that witch scared me so much!

So I'd vote think back to what YOU love that is Disney and do that.

I feel like when considering the queue, the preshow, the actual ride experience, and the overarching storyline; Haunted Mansion captures as much classic Disney magic and showmanship as any attraction. I might make a different recommendation for someone of a different age. At 26 it would seem that one would appreciate the depth of this attraction. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of the suggestions in this thread.

At 26 years old I’ll be going to DisneyWorld for the first time ever. Not considering wait times what attraction in the Magic Kingdom would you pick as your first ever Disney ride?

Wow that's a tough one. I'd either turn left at the hub and do Pirates or turn Right and do the Peoplemover followed immediately by Space Mountain.

My favorite pics currently for each 10 year age range. 1-9 years Small World. 10-19 years old Peter Pan. 20-29 years Space Mountain. 30-39 years Splash Mountain. 40-49 Haunted Mansion. 50-59 Pirates. Over 60 Jungle Cruise. Whatever you pick have fun. Happy that you are getting to Disney!

I would say Peter Pan or Dumbo. Peter Pan is a great rope drop no fast pass ride. And Dumbo is a classic and you can check out the park from the air. Have a blast!

My first trip was in 1989 for my senior graduation and first ride was Its a Small World Lol. I’ve gone every year since then and have brought my daughter since she was 3 (first trip in 2000). I asked her your question and she said Haunted Mansion then head to Big Thunder Mountain but definitely hit It’s a Small World. We’re headed back in November, enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
Teacups, I remember watching the disneyland fun video as a kid, and when I went to disney for the first time. It was my kids first ride, and nostalgic, the line will probably not be too bad no matter what time of the day you enter the park.

I would say Splash Mountain but they won’t like getting wet right at the start. I would go with any but that.

Our first ever Magic Kingdom ride was Aladdin's Magic Carpets, more by accident than design.
We arrived, having done minimal research. and were heading in the vague direction of Big Thunder Mountain and our daughter thought it looked fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter