Will the Tuesday Show Return?

We won't be able to please everyone.

We're facing a situation where we're either changing too much or not enough, and that's the nature of the challenge before us. Some want the whole thing to burn to the ground, while others prefer we continue as is.

We are not a team of one; many of us have invested years and won't dismantle an entire brand based on one man's actions. We are in the process of making necessary adjustments through rebranding and reorganizing, but I am unwilling to start from the ground up, especially for a company that has been around for this long.

Casual listeners and watchers will either stay or leave. Pete doesn't own the Tuesday time slot, and the vast majority of the website visitors don’t even know who he is. There is only so much we can do to demonstrate our commitment to change without jeopardizing everything the team has worked hard to build.

He's gone. We are rebranding and working internally to ensure that such things never happen again.

I think something is getting lost in translation and was probably my fault. FYI, I am JUST talking about the YT channel and not the boards.

You started this thread saying Pete is the face of the old Dis and the team has a desire to break out of his shadow and also not be bogged down with questions of “where’s Pete?” forever. I think that’s a great aspiration.

My comments are just talking about how effective various changes would be to your stated goal. A name change that contains the Dis and airs on Tuesday at 1, I think is less effective in breaking out of his footsteps.

Does Pete own that time? No of course not. But if an average Disney news follower see something about the Dis doing something on Tuesday I think they will think, oh yeah, that’s Pete’s show. Low effectiveness.

It you moved to Thursday and called yourself The Great Big Disney podcast, that would highly effective in breaking free. Whether you should do that or not is a different and very complicated discussion, I am just saying it would be very effective.

I don’t think logo changes have a large impact. I can barely describe the logos of podcasts I listen to. If they changed I probably wouldn’t notice and most importantly to me, a logo change =/= a host change has taken place. There are also plenty of social experiments showing people can’t even correctly identify Starbucks logos, etc and how wild it is because we see them daily.

In the old days we used to bat around ideas, make guesses what is next and hash things out back and forth for pages on end. We would have also come up with endless names ideas and bad puns just for the fun of it, not because the team would ever actually use of any them, we are just having fun with joking around.

Obviously, how far you as a team are willing to go on that spectrum to get the results you desire while weighing the cost is a different conversation for you to have as a team.

I guess I am saying I miss the conversations we used to have where we debate different ideas light heartedly? I miss the people, everyone jumping in with ideas. The conversations feel so heavy. Maybe the subject is just heavy and I was inappropriate for discussing it.

Maybe it’s just the limitation of text but I think you misunderstood me and I apologize.

Last edited:
We won't be able to please everyone.

We're facing a situation where we're either changing too much or not enough, and that's the nature of the challenge before us. Some want the whole thing to burn to the ground, while others prefer we continue as is.

We are not a team of one; many of us have invested years and won't dismantle an entire brand based on one man's actions. We are in the process of making necessary adjustments through rebranding and reorganizing, but I am unwilling to start from the ground up, especially for a company that has been around for this long.

Casual listeners and watchers will either stay or leave. Pete doesn't own the Tuesday time slot, and the vast majority of the website visitors don’t even know who he is. There is only so much we can do to demonstrate our commitment to change without jeopardizing everything the team has worked hard to build.

He's gone. We are rebranding and working internally to ensure that such things never happen again.
Your first sentence sums it up and can be so frustrating. Y'all are making thoughtful decisions I'm sure. I'm excited to have a Tuesday lunch break show again (central time zone here).

I think something is getting lost in translation and was probably my fault. FYI, I am JUST talking about the YT channel and not the boards.

You started this thread saying Pete is the face of the old Dis and the team has a desire to break out of his shadow and also not be bogged down with questions of “where’s Pete?” forever. I think that’s a great aspiration.

My comments are just talking about how effective various changes would be to your stated goal. A name change that contains the Dis and airs on Tuesday at 1, I think is less effective in breaking out of his footsteps.

Does Pete own that time? No of course not. But if an average Disney news follower see something about the Dis doing something on Tuesday I think they will think, oh yeah, that’s Pete’s show. Low effectiveness.

It you moved to Thursday and called yourself The Great Big Disney podcast, that would highly effective in breaking free. Whether you should do that or not is a different and very complicated discussion, I am just saying it would be very effective.

I don’t think logo changes have a large impact. I can barely describe the logos of podcasts I listen to. If they changed I probably wouldn’t notice and most importantly to me, a logo change =/= a host change has taken place. There are also plenty of social experiments showing people can’t even correctly identify Starbucks logos, etc and how wild it is because we see them daily.
I'm going to guess the vast majority of listeners don't even know when the show is recorded as they're downloading it later via a podcast app. The time and day of recording would not mean anything to those listeners.

Trust the team to do what is best. They have a lot on their plate and have surely considered all angles before making the decisions they have.

Your first sentence sums it up and can be so frustrating. Y'all are making thoughtful decisions I'm sure. I'm excited to have a Tuesday lunch break show again (central time zone here).
I have a standing “lunch” at 10am Pacific to watch the show. Sometimes I can watch live and participate in chat, and sometimes I have to wait until later. I’ll adjust to whatever the team can work out what’s best for their schedules.

I'm officially announcing that we are rebranding the DIS Unplugged. While it will maintain many things that you loved and looked forward to throughout the years, we feel that it’s only appropriate to rebrand it. Pete was the face of DIS Unplugged. We can no longer continue working under his shadow and always being asked, "Where's Pete?" or "I won't watch because Pete is not on!" We are moving forward and have taken notes along the way. The Tuesday show will return, but with new branding and a new name. We hear you! We are listening.
Good to hear. There’s a lot of “producers” on this thread. No notes. Just a consumer of content.

I'm officially announcing that we are rebranding the DIS Unplugged. While it will maintain many things that you loved and looked forward to throughout the years, we feel that it’s only appropriate to rebrand it. Pete was the face of DIS Unplugged. We can no longer continue working under his shadow and always being asked, "Where's Pete?" or "I won't watch because Pete is not on!" We are moving forward and have taken notes along the way. The Tuesday show will return, but with new branding and a new name. We hear you! We are listening.
I think you're right buddy! I'm gonna support the Dis with whatever ya do!

Really enjoyed the news pod that dropped at the end of August. It felt natural, fun and timely.

The one on the Treasure didn't really float my boat...it sounded like too much reading from a Press Release.

More like the August 25 pod, if you can swing it, Corey.

This part, I reckon most listeners are on the east coast and are at work during that time. It'd be nice to be able to listen and participate with the chatterati without having to "sneak" it in to my day.

If time permits, I would suggest doing the "Tuesday Show" during the early evening, like somewhere in the 4-7pm window.
I brought up your suggestion in our staff meeting today. We discussed it, but after careful consideration, we’re going to keep the day and time as is for now.

The 'unplugged' name was a bit archaic anyway, it seemed to channel a 1995 acoustic album CD. It's good to freshen things up. Just call it the DIS Roundtable. And please get rid of that very tired intro music and ancient text. Great in 2013, less so now.

I understand your explanation about "Unplugged." It had multiple meanings. First, it referred to the use of the iPod technology, where people could transfer audio content from their computers via USB (first logo). Second, it was a contrast to Disney's official podcast, "Disney Plugged-In," as we aimed for an unofficial approach. However, with all that said, we are officially unplugging "Unplugged." 🙂

Also, new music is coming.

My 2 cents as a YouTube consumer of the Dis Unplugged for the past year and a $25 Patreon supporter for the past 6 months or so(no plans to quite my pledge). With all the content we watched it took me a while to even consider Pete was the host for as much as he was gone and with other people taking over in park videos. My wife and I watch your content via YouTube on our 108" projector screen with surround sound while eating dinner and relaxing in the evening lol. So the time of day for us never really mattered as we always got caught up later in the evening on tuesday or further in the week when our schedules allowed it.

We have come to love the whole staff! My wife and I live and grew up in central Illinois. We just became disney and universal annual pass holders and have plans to come down to the parks every month. We have no kids and are in our mid 30's. We also bought DVC Resale Market Contracts. 100 points to poly in November 22' and 2 more contracts to Saratoga Springs just this past month ( 60 and 50 point). All three contracts financed through Monera. All of these decisions and our love for all things disney has came primarily from watching the DisUnplugged.

I will always support this channel as long the good vibes are there. I mean this in a positive way... I dont care what you call it or when it airs. Just keep brining the vibe that Ryno, Craig, Erica and so many of the other staff bring to the channel. Ryno, Craig, Erica... the whole team brings smiles to our faces, makes us laugh, and most importantly transports my mind off the stresses our day to day. We Love you for that!

I never thought I would ever bump into anyone at the parks and our second trip THANKFULLY my wife noticed Ryno and Craig standing in line for the Universal AP event recently. Normally we have our heads buried in our phones looking where to go next but it was the end of the day and we were heading out of universal. We had to go say hi. When watching I would always think what I would say when I met any of the staff lol I think I got a little star struck because my mind kind of went blank... but thankfully I got our names out (Ross and Lana) and complemented how there RSVLT shirt game was always on point. Told them we loved the show and that we were proud patreon supporters. lol maybe if they weren't standing in line I would of tried to spark up more convo but I kinda felt they didnt have a way out haha so I didnt want intrude. They were both super nice and it really made our whole trip!

We love the staff and we hope nothing but the best for them. We cant wait to see what comes next!

With Love,
Ross & Lana Cearlock

When the show(s) come back, will they be on the same YT/Podcast feeds or will there be changes there as well?

This is so exciting! I know I'm over a week late in seeing this, but I am so glad that you all are moving forward and taking your time to do it right. I will be there watching with bells on!

I never thought I would ever bump into anyone at the parks and our second trip THANKFULLY my wife noticed Ryno and Craig standing in line for the Universal AP event recently. Normally we have our heads buried in our phones looking where to go next but it was the end of the day and we were heading out of universal. We had to go say hi. When watching I would always think what I would say when I met any of the staff lol I think I got a little star struck because my mind kind of went blank... but thankfully I got our names out (Ross and Lana) and complemented how there RSVLT shirt game was always on point. Told them we loved the show and that we were proud patreon supporters. lol maybe if they weren't standing in line I would of tried to spark up more convo but I kinda felt they didnt have a way out haha so I didnt want intrude. They were both super nice and it really made our whole trip!

We love the staff and we hope nothing but the best for them. We cant wait to see what comes next!

With Love,
Ross & Lana Cearlock
OMG!!! I totally know what you mean!! We were on vacation in the Parks last year and we saw Craig and Ryno walking around. I was a total fan boy!! (Lol) I told my husband “Baby, do you know who that is!!! It’s Craig and Ryno!!” I had him check my teeth to make sure I didn’t have a piece of broccoli in between my teeth. My husband said “babe, you’re fine. There is nothing in teeth, you look good and you still smell like Prada. (Haha) Now go say Hi!”
Meeting Craig and Ryno totally made our vacation!!!

We are not throwing the baby out the with bathwater. It will be a rebrand with changes, but the DIS will remain. We’ve explored endless options with and without.
Thank you Corey for bringing back the Tuesday show. Apologies if I missed it in the thread, will it be live? Will everyone be present in a studio versus zoom? There’s something special about everyone being there in person discussing Disney around the table. I’m sure you guys have great ideas, however, I was thinking a name could be DisUniverse. Could be a play on words to support both Disney and Universal, or a play on words to cover all things Disney. Just like the MCU :) I believe the team has a tremendous amount of support and the channel will grow. Best to you and your family.

Thank you Corey for bringing back the Tuesday show. Apologies if I missed it in the thread, will it be live? Will everyone be present in a studio versus zoom? There’s something special about everyone being there in person discussing Disney around the table. I’m sure you guys have great ideas, however, I was thinking a name could be DisUniverse. Could be a play on words to support both Disney and Universal, or a play on words to cover all things Disney. Just like the MCU :) I believe the team has a tremendous amount of support and the channel will grow. Best to you and your family.
This issue with the studio is multi-faceted. Our initial intention was to relaunch (now with a rebrand) in a new studio space that was accommodating, but finding a spot that fits our specific needs and budget has been a challenge in the Orlando market. So, instead of just waiting and leaving y’all hanging, we are going to pull the trigger and relaunch virtually for the time being, so that we can all be included in the shows. Craig is working with us to ensure that our shots, lighting, and sound meet his standards. While this wasn't our first choice, we are accepting the challenges at hand and working around them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter