Wonder how they'll spin this one.

So a very bad combination I missed a few post and I am nive but how does a innocent women get shot just for calling 911

She didn't get shot for calling 911. We don't know exactly why the police officer shot her. As far as I know, he hasn't made a statement yet as to why he did what he did or what the situation or his perceptions were that precipitated it.

As far as I know, at the time of the shooting, she was not identified as the person that had called 911. As far as I know, she was not identified at all. I believe, based on the non-shooting officer's statement, they didn't know if the person was male or female, black or white or whatever, or anything. I think the only thing we know is that she was approaching the driver's side of the police car and, for reasons we don't know, Officer Noor shot her.

I think we do know that just prior to shooting her, there was some loud noise. This noise was perhaps a leftover firework from the 4th of July.

Yeah, we know there's always more to the story

•I feared for my life
•He/she reached for something
•He/she made a sudden move
•He/she resisted
•A loud noise startled me
•The toy gun looked real
•The bikini clad teenager was a threat
Yeah, we know there's always more to the story

1. Both Trayvon and Michael attacked their killers before they met their fate.
2/3. If you are being stopped by law enforcement, sudden movements or reaching in your pockets is inadvisable (especially in this era with attacks against law enforcement becoming routine)
4. Didn't your mama tell you not to resist? If not, she should have.
5. Haven't heard the loud noise used as an alibi, this story is still unfolding.
6. The toy gun was an almost exact replica of a real gun, and the orange tip that designated it a toy had been removed.
7. The bikini clad teenager was a threat as she was trying to instigate more trouble as the officer tried to de-escalate the problem.

1. Trayvon was not killed by law enforcement. He was killed by a civilian who had an authority complex and followed Trayvon and that can be seen as threatening. He didn't attack, he defended himself against the creep who was following him.
2/3. And if you are told to get your license should you expect to be shot while reaching for it?
4. Resisting arrest shouldn't mean a death sentence.
5. I agree
6. An airsoft gun is not a toy, and the airsoft pistols look and feel like actual pistols, true. However if you watch the video you will see that Tamir had his hands in his pockets and the police car drove up and shot him instantly. It has also been reported that their windows were rolled up, so if they gave any command, Tamir would not have heard it.
7. There is no excuse for the excessive force used by that police officer on that teen girl.

I do not think all cops who shoot an unarmed black person is racist. I think stereotypes play a role in cops reacting how they do. Stereotypes of black men being big, strong, violent, thieves, criminals, etc. They go into the situation with a different mind set which causes them to react differently.

I worked at Old Navy as a teenager. We had a meeting before a morning shift about loss prevention. Well the night before 4 kids got caught stealing. Our manager was telling us to be vigilant with thieves and all that and her exact words were "These weren't your typical thieves. These were 4 All American Boys." Ummm....what?? Does this mean we were only trailing black people before? Are white people not thieves? Me and the only black girl there just gave each other the *** face. So I know stereotypes are there that make people view certain situations with a bad light.

The problem with this shooting isn't about racism. It's about this woman being viewed in a completely different light because she's a white woman. How it is all playing out in a completely different tone. When a black person gets shot they try to dig up anything they can (Philandro Castile) to make that person look bad. Also this cop will be put under the jail for what he has done. This woman will get justice without a question. Especially since it was a black cop that shot her.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall any legitimate smear campaign with Castille.

But, I do know it has happened. Of course the flip side of the coin is that EVERY shooting of an unarmed black man (and most if the armed ones) is automatically a racial incident and every attempt is made to paint the cop as having a history of racial bias.

The issue with this approach, aside from being unfair, is that it creates a "boy who cried wolf" situation. Racism exists in police departments, and sometimes that has deadly consequences for the wrong people. But, it's not the case in every incident. And when you (general you) go screaming "racism" EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then the media plays it up, people will begin to tune it out. And then that one time rolls around when the cry is justified, and nobody's listening.

Does the time period really matter? Unarmed people should not be shot by police officers.

When it continues to happen to one segment of society, it cause people to wonder why some officers react in this manner.

Of course it matters. If it happens 22 times in a decade, that's a lot different than 22 times a month.

And no, your assertion that unarmed people should never be shot by police is not universally shared.

I'm surprised that he has never spoken to any investigators. I understand that he has that right, but I think it makes him look guilty. If his actions were easily justified then why would he remain silent and not tell his version of what happened.

Each case needs to be judged on its own merits and not against other cases. In this case an officer shot an unarmed civilian. There was enough evidence for charges. We will see what a jury decides but it shows the whole "cops are never prosecuted for killing unarmed civilians" narrative isn't accurate. When there is sufficient evidence of a crime they are charged with a crime.

Last edited:
Man, this is a depressing board thought this was going to be some ride closing post..... But I assume most of you don't live in MN, and the reason that there was not a lot of information is because the officer that shot refused to talk after this happened the other obviously did, so how can one say that his partner was covering for him. I am assuming he talked in the Garrity hearing but that's not admissible in court nor are they open to public record and unfortunately for those who want to say well there's no information so they are covering up, an officer just like anyone else is still subject to the same rules as anyone else, invoking 5th amendment rights, not speaking after Miranda warning, lawyer, court, court hearings, judge or jury trial. So before all the blue wall and cover for each other maybe some should know that facts before jumping to conclusions or hearsay....
By, no means do I think what this officer did was right, looking in hindsight obviously jumpy or scared, but to start saying all this about law enforcement and no moderator stopping the comments I think I am done with this site, I get warned over nothing on another post didn't say one thing bad just pointed out the irony of a situation, but here sticking officers heads on poles saying the whole black v white stuff is now happening with the previous post before me. That ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with our current state of affairs in this country. Its always an us versus them no one can say oh I see your point and move on. now adays people bully others into their way of seeing an issue and if you don't your the enemy.
It was fun DISboards but I am out ill go find some other place on the internet that understands each other........

Man, this is a depressing board thought this was going to be some ride closing post..... But I assume most of you don't live in MN, and the reason that there was not a lot of information is because the officer that shot refused to talk after this happened the other obviously did, so how can one say that his partner was covering for him. I am assuming he talked in the Garrity hearing but that's not admissible in court nor are they open to public record and unfortunately for those who want to say well there's no information so they are covering up, an officer just like anyone else is still subject to the same rules as anyone else, invoking 5th amendment rights, not speaking after Miranda warning, lawyer, court, court hearings, judge or jury trial. So before all the blue wall and cover for each other maybe some should know that facts before jumping to conclusions or hearsay....
By, no means do I think what this officer did was right, looking in hindsight obviously jumpy or scared, but to start saying all this about law enforcement and no moderator stopping the comments I think I am done with this site, I get warned over nothing on another post didn't say one thing bad just pointed out the irony of a situation, but here sticking officers heads on poles saying the whole black v white stuff is now happening with the previous post before me. That ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with our current state of affairs in this country. Its always an us versus them no one can say oh I see your point and move on. now adays people bully others into their way of seeing an issue and if you don't your the enemy.
It was fun DISboards but I am out ill go find some other place on the internet that understands each other........
I’m not saying you’re not right about it being wrong to say the things you say ppl have said, but good luck with that last part of finding a place on the internet where ppl understand each other. It’s hard enough IRL where ppl can’t be anonymous.

No one said NEVER prosecuted. History shows that the results are not the same when the victim is black.

Let's see how this one plays out.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-black-man-shot-death-backyard-article-1.3886562

The article I read said that independent experts reviewing the video are saying that the shooting was likely justified.

Of course, as it should be, it’s still under investigation.

He wasn’t just standing around in his own backyard.

The article I read said that independent experts reviewing the video are saying that the shooting was likely justified.

Of course, as it should be, it’s still under investigation.

He wasn’t just standing around in his own backyard.
I’d have to see some compelling evidence. Unless he was waving a weapon at police (which he wasn’t), it really doesn’t matter if he wasn’t just standing around his backyard. I have a reasonable expectation to do whatever I want in my backyard (if it’s legal) without the threat of being injured, killed, or apprehended by police. I do think it was a mistake & not intentional, but that doesn’t make it ok.

I’d have to see some compelling evidence. Unless he was waving a weapon at police (which he wasn’t), it really doesn’t matter if he wasn’t just standing around his backyard. I have a reasonable expectation to do whatever I want in my backyard (if it’s legal) without the threat of being injured, killed, or apprehended by police. I do think it was a mistake & not intentional, but that doesn’t make it ok.

That’s just it. He was breaking into cars. He had just gotten to his backyard.

I haven’t seen evidence either way, it was an independent experts reviewing the videos.

Sacramento news is reporting that from the video it shows that the officers did, in fact, fear for their lives and did think they were fired at.

I wouldn’t utter a word to police if i was a black man that shot a white woman. And i would advise my son to do the same. I don’t think it makes someone look guilty.

That’s just it. He was breaking into cars. He had just gotten to his backyard.

I haven’t seen evidence either way, it was an independent experts reviewing the videos.

Sacramento news is reporting that from the video it shows that the officers did, in fact, fear for their lives and did think they were fired at.
While disgusting, breaking into cars isn’t a capital offense.

ETA: The story I heard on the news yesterday was the police were looking in yards for someone hiding who had been breaking into cars. He was just in his backyard but not who they were looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter