World of Color Superthread

For anyone who views the show tonight, please report back on your experience! Especially if you're a WOC vet, please report on any changes to the line up procedure and viewing area sections. For WOC newbies, any reports with details will be appreciated! Thank you!
From social media, FP distribution is in the same spot it was before it went down.

In the past - does anyone know if you could ask for more of anything at the dessert party? 2nd drink, more of a favorite dessert? Just trying to determine if it is worth it to us. If we can get drink refills (even it is the non-alcoholic) it might be. Just thinking about 2 ladies over 40 both with knee and back issues. The tables and chairs sound heavenly.

In the past - does anyone know if you could ask for more of anything at the dessert party? 2nd drink, more of a favorite dessert? Just trying to determine if it is worth it to us. If we can get drink refills (even it is the non-alcoholic) it might be. Just thinking about 2 ladies over 40 both with knee and back issues. The tables and chairs sound heavenly.
You get two glasses of champagne, and I believe the kids get a refill, also (although their cups are massive, if they're still doing those).

My husband and I got two glasses of champagne. I don’t know if they bring more of the food. We were so full, we didn’t need to ask. We even took some of the desserts home. If I remember right, we had eaten at Cafe Orleans for dinner a few hours prior which may have contributed to our being full.

When we did it the CM was strict about the 2 adult drink per person. But my son had 4-5 hot cocoas. The desserts were prepackaged so I don’t think you can get extras.

Did anyone get to see WOC last night 2/22/19? I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

I am moving this thread to the WOC Superthread so that all the latest WOC information can be found in one place on the most recent thread page. Makes it much easier for people to go to one superthread instead of hopping around to 4 different threads.

Last edited:
I am moving this thread to the WOC Superthread so that all the latest WOC information can be found in one place on the most recent thread page. Makes it much easier for people to go to one super thread instead of hopping around to 4 different threads.
Thanks for merging the threads :thumbsup2

I will be there next week, but some comments for the Dessert Party based on videos.

An excellent 4K video with a view similar to the Dessert Party:

Temporary light towers have been installed for Food and Wine, shown before lights are installed:
IMG_0685.jpg

Screen grab from video shows towers with lights:
woc_lights.jpg

The 2 center towers are on the center-line of the show.
Try to select a Dessert Party table where the nearest tower does not line up with the Mickey Wheel :idea:

Thanks for merging the threads :thumbsup2

I will be there next week, but some comments for the Dessert Party based on videos.

An excellent 4K video with a view similar to the Dessert Party:

Temporary light towers have been installed for Food and Wine, shown before lights are installed:
View attachment 384450

Screen grab from video shows towers with lights:
View attachment 384451

Try to select a Dessert Party table where the nearest tower does not line up with the Mickey Wheel :idea:
That looks rather disappointing with the towers right there. I hope someone can give a thorough review who does the DP and can say how much it impacts the view

[QUOTE="Nonsuch, post: 60297883, member: 260952

[/QUOTE]

I’m trying to picture where I should ask to sit tonight. We had a high top on the rail toward the end last time; I asked the CM to pick my table but I don’t believe the CMs now will be as familiar with the long hiatus. Can someone with more experience in the area give me an idea? TIA!

[QUOTE="Nonsuch, post: 60297883, member: 260952

I’m trying to picture where I should ask to sit tonight. We had a high top on the rail toward the end last time; I asked the CM to pick my table but I don’t believe the CMs now will be as familiar with the long hiatus. Can someone with more experience in the area give me an idea? TIA![/QUOTE]

Whenever possible, try to check out the area earlier in the day. Even if the CMs are setting up for the Dessert Party, if you ask nicely, usually they'll let you just pop in to check the view from a few different angles. Then you'll have a much better idea what to ask for when you check in.

I’ve been loitering for an hour and was just told it is assigned seating based on when you called so there is no reason to hang out I’m going with it and getting a bite to eat. I will keep you all posted.

That is generally true -- it is "assigned seating," but do speak up right away if there is a problem with where you are seated. The CMs do have some ability to move you if there is an issue.

I’m here now and they already let everyone in an hour and a half before the show. Used to be an hr before. And something worrying happening is the far right platform is all the way up and ppl come out on a boat and are working on it as we speak. Hope it goes on as scheduled

I’m here now and they already let everyone in an hour and a half before the show. Used to be an hr before. And something worrying happening is the far right platform is all the way up and ppl come out on a boat and are working on it as we speak. Hope it goes on as scheduled
In the viewing area now as well. They are letting people cross between yellow and blue fp areas with dining roped off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter