Ziploc Makes Another SPLASH!

New info points to the bags being themed,so looks like they will become "souvenirs" and not "land fillers".:)
https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/ziploc-to...t-disney-world-guests-will-receive-free-bags/

As part of the sponsorship, guests will receive a resealable Ziploc bag to keep items dry while on the attraction. A limited supply of the bags will be available daily on a first come, first serve basis. The bags will be themed and feature the Splash Mountain logo.

So really no different than the bags used at stores.

I think it conflicts with Disneys enviroment initiatives. They’ve cut plastic bags, have their own conservation fund, and generally try to promote making smart environmental decisions. Obviously a lot of things they sell/use in the parks and stores are not environmentally friendly, but the message is still there. That clashes with having a mass producer of plastic bags that are frequently used once and thrown out, let alone actually encouraging guests use these disposable bags to ride Splash.
What are you talking about? I re-use Ziplocs until the sides give way, then I use the plastic piece with TuckTape (you know, that re-usable red waterproof tape). :P

New info points to the bags being themed,so looks like they will become "souvenirs" and not "land fillers".:)
https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/ziploc-to...t-disney-world-guests-will-receive-free-bags/

As part of the sponsorship, guests will receive a resealable Ziploc bag to keep items dry while on the attraction. A limited supply of the bags will be available daily on a first come, first serve basis. The bags will be themed and feature the Splash Mountain logo.

Yeah, they stole that info from blog Mickey

I think it conflicts with Disneys enviroment initiatives. They’ve cut plastic bags, have their own conservation fund, and generally try to promote making smart environmental decisions. Obviously a lot of things they sell/use in the parks and stores are not environmentally friendly, but the message is still there. That clashes with having a mass producer of plastic bags that are frequently used once and thrown out, let alone actually encouraging guests use these disposable bags to ride Splash.
I already do this to protect my phone on all water rides. It gives me peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter