2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

These "free" upgrades make me jealous -- we splurged for Newport Bay, since it was our first trip to DLP. Who knew?

Anyway, I have a question on tickets and was hoping someone here knew. We booked, as I said, Newport Bay way back in January for Fri, Sat, Sun night, checking out on Mon. The package came with 3-day park hopper tickets. Is there a set day you have to use these?

Do we have to go Fri/Sat/Sun to the parks? Or Sat/Sun/Mon? Or can we spread them out? We are staying in Paris the week after and kind of want to save one of the three days for later in the week (when hopefully the runners have mostly gone home).

Anyone have experience with this?

The package came with 3-day park hopper tickets. Is there a set day you have to use these?

Do we have to go Fri/Sat/Sun to the parks? Or Sat/Sun/Mon? Or can we spread them out?

I don't know if the tickets they sold as part of the packages have specific validity dates. I had a quick look on the Disneyland Paris website and the tickets you can buy via this have to be used within on year of purchase, but then have to be used on consecutive days.

Corinna

I only have experience with the standard vacation packages, as far as I remember, you get your tickets for the time frame you booked. I never had to make any changes and used them consecutively though (had a package twice and only AP since then), but I would email them to ask to be sure...

I just had a look on the official website and spotted this, which I had not seen before:

Commemorative items*

Remember your achievements during the Inaugural Disneyland® Paris – Val d’Europe Half Marathon Weekend with Commemorative Items that will remind you of all the Disney magic for years to come.

As a race participant, you’ll get the chance to purchase Inaugural Disneyland® Paris – Val d’Europe Half Marathon Weekend commemorative items ! These commemorative items are the perfect way for you and your family to remember the magic of your the InauguralDisneyland® Paris – Val d’Europe Half Marathon Weekend.
Items will ONLY be distributed at Packet Pick-Up. Items not picked up at Packet Pick-Up will not be mailed and will not be refunded. Quantities are limited.

Is this new. If they want to go down the pre-order route, they better hurry up.

Corinna

I just had a look on the official website and spotted this, which I had not seen before:

Is this new. If they want to go down the pre-order route, they better hurry up.

Corinna
I wonder what items will be available? I would love to see a sneak peek of the shirts and merchandise.

The Disneyland Paris Half Marathon pins will be sold at the Disney Events Arena which, conveniently, just got built:

Crmca9aXEAAUwn6.jpg

I wonder what items will be available? I would love to see a sneak peek of the shirts and merchandise.

Me, too.

This was posted on twitter this morning View attachment 192448

Thanks for sharing. There are a couple there that I would love.

The Disneyland Paris Half Marathon pins will be sold at the Disney Events Arena which, conveniently, just got built:

Crmca9aXEAAUwn6.jpg

That photo would explain why I could not picture this at all. Looks like it simply was not there on my previous visits.

Corinna

These "free" upgrades make me jealous -- we splurged for Newport Bay, since it was our first trip to DLP. Who knew?

Anyway, I have a question on tickets and was hoping someone here knew. We booked, as I said, Newport Bay way back in January for Fri, Sat, Sun night, checking out on Mon. The package came with 3-day park hopper tickets. Is there a set day you have to use these?

Do we have to go Fri/Sat/Sun to the parks? Or Sat/Sun/Mon? Or can we spread them out? We are staying in Paris the week after and kind of want to save one of the three days for later in the week (when hopefully the runners have mostly gone home).

Anyone have experience with this?

I'm really hoping to get an upgrade! :p fingers crossed! We'll be staying 3-nights at Cheyenne and then 3-nights at Santa Fe (got a great deal on hotels.com)

I was also wondering about the tickets, so I called my travel agency. They told me that the park tickets included are only valid on the days you're staying. But that a TA in Denmark, so I would call you TA or Disneyland Paris directly.

I'm afraid I'm counting on no pre-order options since it's only 2,5 weeks till the event weekend. There's still so much info missing :(

I hope we made a good choice to stay at New York... I'd love to have more info about the course!

And does everyone remember this:
Before picking up your race number at the Expo, your medical certificate must be validated by the organization (use the browser on your runner form). You will only need to present your official validation of registration (which you will receive by email a week before the event) and proof of identity. Please remember: if you forget it, or if the wording on it is incorrect, we will not be able to issue you with your race number.

When is THAT coming?

I hope we made a good choice to stay at New York... I'd love to have more info about the course!

And does everyone remember this:
Before picking up your race number at the Expo, your medical certificate must be validated by the organization (use the browser on your runner form). You will only need to present your official validation of registration (which you will receive by email a week before the event) and proof of identity. Please remember: if you forget it, or if the wording on it is incorrect, we will not be able to issue you with your race number.

When is THAT coming?
You just answered that question in your post! (which you will receive by email a week before the event)

We are 16 days from the event ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter