A Disney-addicted mom plans a trip in August, 2010! *New pics #574*

Well, I'm glad you liked the doctor, even though no one seems to be able to give you a real answer of what exactly is going on. General "maybe it's this but maybe something else" diagnosis are a little frustrating! At least it sounds like you're doing what needs to be done, and hopefully you'll get more answers soon.

Glad the appointment for the orthotics went well. That's cool that he got to pick a pattern...my nephew has orthotics for his shoes (not sure if they're the same...he has spina bifida but these are mostly for the fact that he's pidgeon toed which is probably just genetic and unrelated to the spina bifida) but they're just white. He would LOVE a pattern! His mother is happy that they're white since they stick out of his shoes and you can only see them when he's not wearing white socks, or if you're really looking for them.

Too funny that you went shopping today. I want to pick up one of those closet organizers for our trip too, they seem really useful!

Don't forget the cereal! Can you call garden grocer and add on to your order, or is it too late?

5 days! That is so close!

Glad the appointment went well and again, steps are being made in the forward direction for Zachary.
I have a personal "grrr" against that Nordstrom! I love the Rack, but I actually worked at that Nordstrom one summer in college and had an AWFUL experience. My manager was terrible and there was terrible pressure on us to make sales goals. Since a) it wasn't a career for me/ I was pretty complacent and b) I do NOT like pressuring people into making decisions, I was an awful sales girl! They were constantly coming down on me. Once, I even worked 14 hours in preparation for the anniversary sale-- they didn't tell me in advance, just demanded that I stay AND I made zero overtime. So, still, I have boycotted that store! :lmao:
I love the Ann Taylor at the Westchester-- I get great work clothes there and I find the sales girls soo helpful!
We made a trip to Target this weekend, too-- of course!! We're going to Las Vegas in about two weeks and I wanted to pick up sunscreen...and a ton of other things that we don't need (but want!) ;)

I can totally understand boycotting Nordstrom! There is a nice girl who works in petite who is really sweet and knowledgeable and helpful. I haven't been there in a long time (maybe a year?) so I don't know if she's still there.
LOVE Target!

Well, I'm glad you liked the doctor, even though no one seems to be able to give you a real answer of what exactly is going on. General "maybe it's this but maybe something else" diagnosis are a little frustrating! At least it sounds like you're doing what needs to be done, and hopefully you'll get more answers soon.

Glad the appointment for the orthotics went well. That's cool that he got to pick a pattern...my nephew has orthotics for his shoes (not sure if they're the same...he has spina bifida but these are mostly for the fact that he's pidgeon toed which is probably just genetic and unrelated to the spina bifida) but they're just white. He would LOVE a pattern! His mother is happy that they're white since they stick out of his shoes and you can only see them when he's not wearing white socks, or if you're really looking for them.

Too funny that you went shopping today. I want to pick up one of those closet organizers for our trip too, they seem really useful!

Don't forget the cereal! Can you call garden grocer and add on to your order, or is it too late?

5 days! That is so close!

I know Zachary's orthotics won't be super high but I don't know how high they'll be. It was fun looking at the pattern book. He was crabby and not loving the experience so it was hard to get him to choose (he kept saying Dora but thankfully that wasn't a choice because I'm sure it would have been pink!).
I could probably call garden grocer but have been crazy busy. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow.

Another insane day at work. I'm so mentally exhausted right now! Thank goodness we only have 4 more days....

Amanda

72 hours from now I will be in mid-air. I cannot wait. The end of the summer madness is in full-swing at work and I need a break! Kids are starting to get super-excited. My last amazon package should be arriving today. It contains Shrek 2 and HSM 1 (and my DH's croakies for his sunglasses). Kids don't know that I bought them movies so I'll wrap them in tissue paper and put them in the carry-on bags.
I need to set aside clothes for the kids to wear Thurs/Fri so I can do some more packing (or I could just be patient and wait another day or 2!). I could always pack a few dirty clothes since I'll definitely be doing daily laundry.

:cool1:

Amanda

So exciting, all this stuff wrapping up!

I'll dance with you! :cool1:

You are so close!

Awww. Thank you!

:woohoo: So close!!

I can't wait!

The next 72 hours will FLY by :banana:

For you, too!!!! :yay:

Tomorrow is not a slam-dunk at all! It'll be another busy day at work. Big re-do operation in the morning and then office hours in the afternoon. Crazy!!! Friday is a little slower - I have a few small operations in the morning and then I'm done (I should be finished by 1pm at the latest). I should get a decent run in Friday afternoon (it's about time!) and then I'll head home to finish up laundry and packing. Saturday we'll have some time to get ready and then off we go. We have to drop the dog off at the dog sitter's house (yes, she lets my dog sleep in bed with her!) and then to the airport.
I'm a little worried about the haphazard way I've been packing. I have check-lists that I'm using but I haven't been keeping good track of what clothes I've packed for myself. I think I know but I'm not totally sure. :confused3 For the kids I've only packed "dress" clothes so it's a little easier. And I think I've packed most of the "misc" stuff.
I'm also a little worried that I'm going to have too much carry-on stuff. Not that it'll be more than alllowed but that it'll be too heavy for the kids and me to manage. I may have to shift things around. I'm very paranoid about having a change of clothes for each person because of the vomit incident. The kids will have a pair of PJs as their change but I want clothes for me, too.
What am I forgetting to do????

Amanda

When packing for yourself just don't forget your underwear....did that once in Hawaii when I was rush packing as we changed islands and hotels....did not discover the mistake until the new hotel. That island had one small "mall" with a Sears let's just say the underwear was not Victoria's Secret and it was my honeymoon to boot:rotfl:

Now, even when I leave my house I mentally check every drawer of bureau to make sure I did not miss one!

You will have everything and no one will get sick on the plane:wizard:

Have a great time!!!

ps kudos to you for performing surgery AND getting a run in the day before you leave....makes my to do list look lame:goodvibes

When packing for yourself just don't forget your underwear....did that once in Hawaii when I was rush packing as we changed islands and hotels....did not discover the mistake until the new hotel. That island had one small "mall" with a Sears let's just say the underwear was not Victoria's Secret and it was my honeymoon to boot:rotfl:

Now, even when I leave my house I mentally check every drawer of bureau to make sure I did not miss one!

You will have everything and no one will get sick on the plane:wizard:

Have a great time!!!

ps kudos to you for performing surgery AND getting a run in the day before you leave....makes my to do list look lame:goodvibes

Too funny about the underwear! :lmao: I remember one road trip we took, my step-dad forgot to take my mom's little suitcase. She had no clothes/underwear and we were in rural New Hampshire. We went to Kmart (the only thing available) and bought some clothes/underwear. :rotfl2:
Thanks for the kudos. It sounds more impressive than it is!

Amanda

What am I forgetting to do is always such an awful question!

Hmm...

you said you paid the upgrade so you don't need to check in for your flight, right?

Did you check in for the hotel? (I so feel like you did, but I don't recall and I'm too lazy to go back and check)

Did you ever call garden grocer or go buy cereal?

Other than that, I think you'll be fine. You can buy whatever you forget, or live without it.

3 days! :cheer2:

Ahh, Amanda you're so close! Good thing you get out early Friday-- I'm sure it'll give you enough time to get organized and figure out what's already packed!

What am I forgetting to do is always such an awful question!

Hmm...

you said you paid the upgrade so you don't need to check in for your flight, right?

Did you check in for the hotel? (I so feel like you did, but I don't recall and I'm too lazy to go back and check)

Did you ever call garden grocer or go buy cereal?

Other than that, I think you'll be fine. You can buy whatever you forget, or live without it.

3 days! :cheer2:

Thanks!
I did the early check-in upgrade for Southwest. I did online check-in for the hotel. Tom bought cereal yesterday.

Ahh, Amanda you're so close! Good thing you get out early Friday-- I'm sure it'll give you enough time to get organized and figure out what's already packed!

I'm very happy that Friday is early!!!

Amanda

Do you have an early flight on Saturday? If not, you'll have a chance to check everything over right before you leave.

Do you have an early flight on Saturday? If not, you'll have a chance to check everything over right before you leave.

Our flight is at 3pm but at an airport which is 90 min away.

sooooooo close now!!!! I wish I could go back with you!!!

I wish you could, too!

Just in case I do not get a chance to post Friday
Have a great trip!!!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay:

Thank you! I'll be back here later today and probably again tomorrow morning.

Amanda

So very close! :cool1:

It seems like just yesterday that I was just starting to read your PTR, but it was really so very long ago! Hope today flies by at work! You're almost there!

You leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Now all you have to do is make it through today! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter