All Day Dining at Sea World???

and it isn't against the rules to share with the kids without purchasing the kids meal? We have 5..a 12 , 7 and 5 year old..the 7 and 5 year old could easily share..

so I am trying to get this straight..I could purchase the meal deal for my hubby, daughter and myself...get what we need..then go back in and get more and give it to my other two? That doesn't seem right..??

Here's the lowdown from the SW web page :

<<<<Details:

* Each restaurant has a variety of foods to choose from that will sure to satisfy everyone’s appetite. Make it easy! Pay once and never have to take out your wallet for the rest of the day. Bring your e-Ticket dining voucher to the attendant at Information Counter, located just inside the Main Gate to receive a Boca ticket which then can be redeemed at any participating restaurants for your All Day Dining Deal wristband.
* This All Day Dining Deal allows you unlimited visits to each participating restaurant until 30 minutes before park Closing time.
* The wristband is valid for 1 entrée platter, 1 additional side item and 1 soft beverage, ice tea or 20 oz Aquafina each time through the line.
* When All Day Dining Deal is purchased at the Front Gate Ticket Window and the Reservation Counters guests will receive a Boca Ticket which then can be redeemed at any participating restaurant for the wristband.
* If purchased at any of the Participating Restaurants or Dining Reservation Counter guests will receive the wristband at the time of sale.
* Wristbands MUST be worn at all times and shown each time through the line.
* The All Day Dining Deal does not include equity dines such as Breakfast with Elmo and Friends, Dine with Shamu, Makahiki Luau and Sharks Underwater Grill
* Not valid with any souvenir products with the exception of Kid’s Meals.
* Park Admission is required, but is not included
* Sharing and take out is prohibited.
* MasterCard , Visa , Discover , JTB® and American Express accepted
* Wristband is non refundable once purchased
* Menu and Prices are subject to change without notice.>>>>>

ahhhh...thanks for that!! I was considering buying this..because it is a great deal..However the park is only open until 6pm..? Does that mean the restaurants close by then also?

ahhhh...thanks for that!! I was considering buying this..because it is a great deal..However the park is only open until 6pm..? Does that mean the restaurants close by then also?

In the rules it says good until 30 minutes before park closing . They don't usually offer it in the off season so not sure how good the deal would be. To get 2 meals I would eat at 11 and then again at 5. Personally, I think it would cut into the touring time too much and I would miss out on doing things. I would probably opt for just buying one meal at the park on days when it closes at 5 or 6PM. We have eaten 2 meals when it closes at 7 before though.

Does anyone know how much a typical meal costs? I want to run some numbers and see if it is worth it. We would be going Christmas week and I'm sure the lines would be long, but we have to eat somewhere.

Does anyone know how much a typical meal costs? I want to run some numbers and see if it is worth it. We would be going Christmas week and I'm sure the lines would be long, but we have to eat somewhere.

BBQ platters range from $10.99 to something like $24.99 for baby back ribs. OOPs can't get the baby backs on the plan, though.
Fajitas(steak or chicken ) run about $9 and you get enough to make 4 or 5 .
Deli type sandwiches (huge) run about $7 or $8.
Side dishes like cole slaw, corn on the cob, etc. run about $3-$4. So do the desserts.
I've never had a hamburger or hot dog so have no idea what they might cost.
Drinks are something like $2.75 each-even bottled water in most places.

It cost us $28? for the plan( pass holders) and our lunches were $18 something each . We ate a supper meal( fajitas so another $9 + drink and probably had about 6 drinks each besides what we drank with meals the day we were there. Last time we used it was for dinner about 7PM but the park was open till 10.

I was trying to book the All Day Dining for our trip in 2 weeks and it states that that there is No Inventory for dates selected. Has anyone seen that before? :confused3

* Sharing and take out is prohibited.

Does take out me out of the park or does it mean you can't get anything to go from the restaurant? I would like to eat on the run sometimes and I would like my order to go. Is that okay? In other words I don't want a plate; I would prefer my food to be bagged, etc.

I don't know about taking 'bagged' items out, but we ate all our desserts 'on the go'. Also, many restaurants have a patio outside and they really don't pay attention as to whether you're eating 'there' or taking your food 'to go'. Maybe you could bring some kind of bag to put your meal in after going through the line.

Many times through the day we went through a line just to grab a water and strawberries to take 'out'.

If you are planning a trip to Sea World you may be thinking about the All Day Meal Deal. We purchased this for a recent trip to Sea World Orlando. We purchased the All Day Dining Plan online from Sea World directly. They were running a special of $5.00 off, so we go the dining plan for $24.95 each.

I did a search before purchasing to see what exactly this plan includes and found conflicting information out there. SO I am writing this so people considering the plan can make an informed decision.

First, I must state that the food is AWFUL. The quality of the meals is generally very poor. That said, I think the all day dining is still a deal – you have to eat – UNLESS you get a multi- day pass and plan to return on multiple days. In this case, you should eat outside the park and bring water and juices in a backpack into the park. Even if you buy this at a gas station quick mart, you will pay less then you would in the park -- $2.69 for a bottle of water. Or – even better, bring a water bottle that you will with water yourself. Water fountains are hard to find in Sea World – they are not like Disney with water many water fountains throughout the park.

So, when should you get the all-day dining deal? When you are there all –day and the park has longer hours. When we went, the park was open 9 am – 6 pm. To tap into the full value, you end up spending a lot of time eating and not a lot of time checking out things.

Start with breakfast. YES YOU CAN GET BREAKFAST with the dining plan. The Seafire restaurant offers this and serves starting 15 minutes before the park opens. So, get to the park at least ½ hour before it opens to leave time for parking and going through the turnstiles and stopping at the information booth (I had to wait in line at the information booth for 10 minutes before we could get our dining pass). Breakfast at the Seafire was definitely our best meal. It is hard to screw up breakfast. They offer coffee, scrambled eggs, hash browns, fresh fruit, juice, milk cereal, sausage, biscuit gravy and pastries.

After we ate, we grabbed a couple of bottles of water and juice to take with us.

A couple of shows and rides later we stopped at the pizza restaurant and had some more water and fountain sodas and some grapes. It was nice to stop and have some fruit.

We had lunch at the Spice Mill. I was looking forward to the veggie burger. It was good – not mushy like a lot of veggie burgers can be. It turns out that is because the food was overcooked. My companions each had a burger – ate about half and said it was the toughest burger they ever ate. All the burgers are served on these huge buns. I took the top of my bun off and ate my veggie burger like a slice of pizza. All three of us had french fries and had only a couple of bites because these were cold and greasy – just nasty. They have salads there which looked fresh and we probably should have gone this route instead of cooked food.

We stopped in the afternoon for more water and juice and my Mom also had a coffee and some cookies.

Finally we ate at Mango Joes -- the wristband says that you need to order at the restaurant ½ hour before the park closes – se we showed up at 5:15. 10 minutes later, an employee came to our table and told us we needed to leave our tables in 5 minutes because he needed to “clean up.” We did our best to ignore him but by 5:35 we got up and left. The food at Mango Joes was even worse for my carnivore companions. They said the fajita meat looked like it had been sitting out for hours so one person ordered chicken fingers and the other had a hot dog. Both came with fries. Everything was cold and the fries again were greasy. I was told that the chicken fingers were like rubber. I argued with the counterperson to get a plain salad – he at first said they had none – only available with chicken but I insisted and one. My meal was great: a bowl of lettuce with a tomato, black olives, cheese, sour cream and beans/corn (I think it might have been the “condiments” for the fajita) plus some tri-colored corn chips and salsa, Quite tasty – again – uncooked. We split a gingerbread cheesecake for dessert (Seasonal food) which was pretty good, with some coffee and then got a couple of eggnogs (seasonal food) which we took with us.

See photos of what we ate via my flickr account -- user name is gscottgraham or search for the set "All Day Dining Deal at SeaWorld Orlando".

To recap here are my suggestions for you:
1. Get the meal deal when you are going to be there all day – longer park hours are better because you have more time to eat, ride and watch shows – shorter park hours make this option hard.
2. Arrive ½ hour before the park opens and eat breakfast in the park
3. Take advantage of the dining pass to eat lots of fruits and veggies as snacks (stop and get a pickle or grapes or a small salad.
4. Avoid cooked burgers and other items – looking more for the colder, deli items; again go for those fruits and veggies. Throw the bread tops away and eat the sandwiches like a pizza.
5. Vegetarian food seemed better than the carnivore options – maybe because they are fresher due to lower demand?
6. Drink lots of water and juices and milk – skip the sodas. Not only are they not as good for you but they are the worst value for your money. I’ve been to the parks in FL a lot and I must say this was the first time I ever finished the day and was NOT dehydrated. It was nice to get my fill of water.

And a couple of suggestions for Sea World:
1. Concern yourself with quality. It is shameful to spend a lot of money on junky food.
2. Have more veggie and fruit options – carrot sticks, apples, bananas – all the time.
3. Teach your employees what good customer service is – people should never be told to leave a table so that a person can clean up.
4. Have a check out line especially for people with the dining plan – you don’t need a cash register – just someone to make sure people are taking the appropriate food selections each time they go through the line.

Our experience:

The restaurant which offered breakfast was closed for refurbishment when we were there and no other option was provided. So we were not able to get breakfast until 10 am.

Please be aware of time spent on line even to get just a bottle of water. You have to stand on line with the people ordering their food and then again at the register even though you only had to show your bracelet once you got to the register. It was really long between 11:30 and 3:30! I would rather have paid a but more and saved the time.

Although we did ultimately get our money's worth (and the fruit was awesome!) - I would never do it again because it was a hassle to get our drinks when we wanted them. Only a few dining establishments honored the plan when we were there so you had to trek to those restaurants.

Thank you everyone for your advice! I'm also thinking about this for our coming trip (just me and the kids). My son will be 14 and eats a LOT on vacation, so it would be worth it for him. For my DD and me, I'm not sure. We typically share a lot on vacation, but to keep it simple I may get it for all 3 of us. I like the idea of being able to stop for fruit and drinks - that could add up. Plus just having it paid for ahead of time, so they can get in line for food without needing to pester me for cash!

I wish they included the outdoor vending locations for the drinks, much easier to pop by one of those for a bottle of water or cup of soda.

We love the dining plan at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, and get it nearly every time we go. I would agree that the quality is higher on some things than others, but over all would say that the food quality and Seaworld/Busch is MUCH better than QS at Disney/Universal as a whole. Plus MOST of the restaurants participate, and with nearly every option on their menus, which is nice. We typically do eat the breakfast there, though not always. But always we eat lunch and supper, and stop for "snacks", usually either a dessert or fruit/veggies, and a drink in between meals. We have found that even my picky and bird-like eater is worth the cost of the wrist band.

How does it work these days?

Is the Underwater Grill included?

No Sharks Grill is not included. You can see the participating restaurants on the Seaworld website, but basically it includes most of the counter service places, including the pizza buffet. You also might see a ticket deal that includes the meal deal or one free meal, the free meal one doesn't include Sharks Grill either, regardless of what they tell you on the phone (grrrrrr) lol

We have done the meal deal twice and believe its well worth the money. We will usually have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the park when we buy the meal deal, plus all the times we stop in for just a cold drink or a snack.

Busch gardens offers the deal also.

We did the food plan and it worked great for us. We're going again in August and it'll be worth it just for the drinks!

what kind of food do you get for this deal? is it just brugers or can you also get pizza, salads or something like chicken nuggets?

It's a pretty good variety of food to chose from and it's pretty tasty! Good Deal :thumbsup2

We have the dining plan for our SW day later this month and I can't wait to try it out! We've always stayed offsite so we've never done a dining plan so I'm excited to try it out!

The deal is amazing. Where other plans at other parks make you buy drinks seperately, this plan is worth its price in just the drinks. I do not recommend sharing a band, but if you insist on it, it breaks the cost down considerably as well. If the park is open later in the day, say til 10, the price goes down after 5. You can get a dessert instead of a side item every time, or just a dessert. Doesn't matter. The food is different at each restaurant from pizza to ribs to burgers and fries...whatever, they have it.

I don't recommend sharing a band either, even if you just want to share with your kids. It is against the rules and there is alot of verbiage on the website that your band WILL be REVOKED if you are caught sharing. Let's face it, we all like to save money but the price for this deal with either go up or be discontinued if enough people feel that it's okay for them to cheat. That's what sharing is....cheating and scamming. Flame away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter