American Idol - 2007

I read in the community board thread that next week was three songs each, judges choice, idols choice and clives choice. If thats correct then it could be interesting. I usually like the judges choices so wonder what they will have them sing. I'd be really curious to see what kindof music they expect Blake to sing. The girls you can kindof figure out but Blake could be a wild card.

Here's hoping he stays for one more week.

I'm so glad that Blake stayed and it was Lakisha going home. I need some eyecandy for next weeks episodes. LOL

I was really disappointed in the songs and the guest. Barry Gibbs looked awful, didn't sing well, in general a dud! I wasn't surprised that Lakisha went but none of them really did a great job. I'll be out of town next week and will miss the Tuesday show so I told dh to make sure he taped it. Even if I know who goes home, I want to see the show.

By the way, as far as Barry Gibbs voice goes, did any of you see the SNL show where they had someone playing Sean Connery on Jeopary? It finally dawned on me as I watched that he sounded like that character on SNL. Or am I crazy :lmao:

Okay, I wasn't unhappy with the outcome last night. I have changed who I think should win. All along I have like Melinda and I still think she has an awesome voice, but now I think Jordin should win and has the best chance to sell a lot of albums.

I was really disappointed in the songs and the guest. Barry Gibbs looked awful, didn't sing well, in general a dud! I wasn't surprised that Lakisha went but none of them really did a great job. I'll be out of town next week and will miss the Tuesday show so I told dh to make sure he taped it. Even if I know who goes home, I want to see the show.

By the way, as far as Barry Gibbs voice goes, did any of you see the SNL show where they had someone playing Sean Connery on Jeopary? It finally dawned on me as I watched that he sounded like that character on SNL. Or am I crazy :lmao:

I didn't see the SNL show, but he was terrible! I honestly wish the judges could critique some of the guests...

You know, singing like that Barry Gibb would never have made it to Hollywood... "Dogg, it just wasn't good for me, ya know?" "Well, you look beautiful" "That was the worst thing I have ever heard. Why do you think you are a singer? That wasn't singing, it was shouting""

So what's everyone thinking???? I think Blake did well again last night...I hope it's well enough to have him stay...I would love to see he and Jordin as the final two...Melinda sings great but I find her a bit boring still:confused3

I think it's going to be Jordan and Melinda. I really like Blake, but I don't think he will beat out the other 2 in votes. Honestly, I think Jordan is amazing, but she is so young. I really liked Melinda last night. I thought she showed range, and personality.

Next year at this time Blake will be on the radio though. I think he is fresh and interesting. Simon knows it, and I think he will be signed with someone. Looking at past winners and 2nd/3rd runner ups, the winners are locked in a contract...the "losers" get great deals, make records, and make their own terms. Just the exposure of the show is enough if you have the "it" factor, and I think Blake does...IMHO :teeth:

I liked Blake last night. I voted for him but I'm not sure its enough. I'd love to see him next week but have him lose to Jordin for the reasons said above. He'd have more freedom in second place then first. I really like Melinda but she is so boring. I'm concerned that Jordin being so young will get pushed into music directions that aren't right for her but I still think she should be the winner.

I won't get to watch until late tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm going to the theatre to see Grease but I'll be thinking good Blake thoughts.

Melinda has amazing talent but I think she'll end up with the same problem as Ruben and Taylor - they're not marketable to the people who would buy their records. Becuase of that, I think it should end up Blake or Jordin - Loved Blake doing the Maroone5 song

I think they all did geat, but I think the finals will be Jordin and Melinda. Blake will do wonderful no matter what!:)

So what's everyone thinking???? I think Blake did well again last night...I hope it's well enough to have him stay...I would love to see he and Jordin as the final two...Melinda sings great but I find her a bit boring still:confused3

I completely agree with you. Melinda is technically the best singer but she's not much of an entertainer. I think Blake and Jordin are so much more fun to watch.

Go Blake and Jordin:banana: This is going to be the best finale in a long time if not ever:woohoo:I think all 3 will have great careers ahead of them:wizard:

I havne't watched last nights show yet but I did read the results. I'm so happy. Lets see they will all be fine but with Blake in there it will be more interesting I think.

Tough one to call tonight. I agree with Simon where Blake was the best performer but Jordin was the best singer. I'm still all for Blake but if he wins I hope they let him do his kindof thing and not everything like the songwriters song. I admit the song was better then the last couple of years but its still not great.

Tough one to call tonight. I agree with Simon where Blake was the best performer but Jordin was the best singer. I'm still all for Blake but if he wins I hope they let him do his kindof thing and not everything like the songwriters song. I admit the song was better then the last couple of years but its still not great.

I mostly agree but I want Jordin to win. Thought this was a rather boring show, and the song was better than other years but still nothing special. Loved Blake's first song though, even more than the first time he did it.

I think Jordin will win... hard to say because I just love:love: Blake...but I know we will see him have a great career. The songwriters song was definitely better suited for Jordin's voice. I think Blake did the best he could with it trying to make it somewhat his own. I think there will only be good things ahead for both of them. This one has been tough because I have loved both of them since day one!

My take...

I wasn't surprised that Jordan won at all. I think Blake had some great exposure, and will do fine for himself. I hope that Jordan is able to stay grounded. At only 17, this is huge. I think she is going to be a great success, and I can't wait to hear her on the radio. I'm going to D/L her song today on my itunes...

That being said, I had to keep changing the channel. I just couldn't stand the stupid awards that they were giving. When the woman went up in her Big Bird costume showing her belly like that, I started flipping channels. I kept peeking back again, did manage to hit it when Rubin and Jordan were doing that duet....THAT was entertaining...

Now I'm just waiting for Top Chef to start again :teeth:

I couldn't agree more...it really was the longest 2 hours to find out pretty much what we already knew what was going to happen...I think the performs they chose were very old...for the most part they were way too old(no offense meant) but I don't think they suited most of the general audiences tastes...overall I think it was a good season.

We love Top Chef also and can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter