Angelrose's Journey

It is frustrating. I'm going to see my surgeon tomorrow and see what she says.

I'm hoping for a good report.

Hi minnie56. Yes I did get a good report. She saw nothing in my v. There could be something on the other side of the wall that she couldn't see, but for now everything looks good and I really don't have to go back to her unless something happens.

I will get a cat scan next month and I will find out how that went by the end of November. That will show how far the cancer has spread in my liver and lungs. Please keep me in your prayers.

Thank you minnie56, piglet50 and BellaBaby. I'm hopeful that it will be a good report but it's not likely. But with all the prayers and good wishes from all my friends, who can say?

Yes! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

My grandsons in NC are Batman & Robin.
My local grandson is Superman & the baby is a little chick!
Of course, I’m wearing my orange “Good Witch” t-shirt

Thank you minnie56. I am all rested up and feeling fine. I had put away all my stuff and put my clothes in the basket to be washed, the day after we came home. I have since put all that away too. I already miss being there.

Monday I went to Walmart and got my flu shot and my pneumonia shot. Now I couldn't remember when I last got my pneumonia shot but thought it was 5 years ago. Karen thought I should have gotten it every two years. I went to my doctor for a check up today and he asked why I got a pneumonia shot since it was a lifetime. OK so when I got home I talked to my cousin who thought it was every year. LOL So she asked her son who is in medical school. So he looked up and said after 65 you don't need a pneumonia shot. So I guess with today's medical care we don't care about our senior citizens. After 65 you just have to hope you don't get pneumonia or just die and be done with it. LOL Seriously though I guess after 65 you have enough vaccine in your system that you don't need anymore. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CDC recommendations for pneumonia vaccines: Prevnar 13 (PCV13) at age 65; Pneumovax 23 (PPSV23) after one year. Then some doctors recommend another Pneumovax 23 five years later.

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2015.pdf

Glad you got a good report from the surgeon, hoping that you get another good report from the upcoming CAT scan.

Here in NY I have always been told that the regular Pneumovax was good for 5-10 years, then this Prevnar came out and I believe it is one time.

Mary, how’s November treating you?
We just got back from DW FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL about ten days ago and I’m already missing it. I guess I better redirect my focus to Thanksgiving and start making plans for what we’re going to eat.

Hi there Grumpy's Gal. I am doing very well thanks. I survived the Nerf battle at Jesse's birthday party. After about a million darts, I managed to hit Jesse twice and Chuck once. LOL I ate way too much chips and birthday cake. But it was sooo good.

I am getting my hair done tomorrow and taking my car for a oil change on Thursday and Friday I'm going out with my cousin. Next week I'm getting my hearing tested. The 23rd I'm getting the cat scan and the 30th I'm seeing my cancer doctor. I have a very full month. I'll be glad when December comes and I can take a break from doctors. I plan on getting some Christmas decorations for my room and just enjoy seeing all the other decorations. We start putting out the decorations on Black Friday. Much too late for my taste. I do have some decorations up in my room. I know Karen wants to start getting out a few things, but Scrooge AKA Chuck says no. LOL I have a feeling that when Karen has a day off she may just be getting some things out that are not in the attic.

I know it's been a while but I do have my trip report written up. Karen still needs to download a bunch of pictures from photopass, but she has been so busy with swim team stuff and her regular job, she hasn't had a chance. I don't know when she will be able to do that, so please be patient. I promise I will start posting as soon as I get those pictures.

I enjoy your trip reports and know the one you are writing now will be another super one!

Also waiting on your next TR!! Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventures!! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter