Another personal appearance question

I became addicted to eyelash extensions for 2 1/2 years. Man they were amazing. Most expensive habit I had. It was supposed to be a gift to myself for my 30th bday but then ended up lasting years lol
I kept them on for my wedding and my sisters and then got them off shortly after. Wanting to do them for my brothers wedding in Sept but I'll hold out. They ruined my lashes for sure. They're slowlyyyy growing back

I became addicted to eyelash extensions for 2 1/2 years. Man they were amazing. Most expensive habit I had. It was supposed to be a gift to myself for my 30th bday but then ended up lasting years lol
I kept them on for my wedding and my sisters and then got them off shortly after. Wanting to do them for my brothers wedding in Sept but I'll hold out. They ruined my lashes for sure. They're slowlyyyy growing back

Have you tried Latisse?

I take biotin - that helps my lashes and hair. Plus I use either rapid lash or the expensive one from Sephora. Both serums help my natural lashes stay more full and keep the lash extensions on longer. Discovering lash extensions has changed my life - the reduction in light-caused migraines is a life saver! I used to live in sunglasses as much as possible. Now I can work a full day and not have a blinding headache.

I take biotin - that helps my lashes and hair. Plus I use either rapid lash or the expensive one from Sephora. Both serums help my natural lashes stay more full and keep the lash extensions on longer. Discovering lash extensions has changed my life - the reduction in light-caused migraines is a life saver! I used to live in sunglasses as much as possible. Now I can work a full day and not have a blinding headache.
That's awesome! If I could afford it, I would keep going! Probably will once I pay down my debt, I was seriously in love with them.
I might try those other tips you mentioned though in the meantime :)

Ulta: master the possibilities, lol.

I love going in there! My younger self would have had a field day in the store.

I get Botox injections in my neck and back, but not for cosmetic reasons. Mine is for pain relief. The injections are supposed to paralyze the muscles and stop the muscle spasms.

That's interesting about eyelash extensions helping block out light. I have pretty sensitive eyes, my eye doctor said I have large pupils so it lets in more light. Even fluorescent lights bother me at stores (Walmart!) or the classroom. I might have to look into those.

I regularly color my hair- used to do lots of different colors, from natural to anything but, now I just get various shades of blonde highlights and then use semi permanent dyes to add some fun color.

I get my nails done regularly as I hate the look and feel of natural unpainted nails.

I wear makeup occasionally because I think it is fun.

I would love breast augmentation, but I had a lot of surgeries when I was younger, and I have no desire to tempt fate with an elective surgery.

That's interesting about eyelash extensions helping block out light. I have pretty sensitive eyes, my eye doctor said I have large pupils so it lets in more light. Even fluorescent lights bother me at stores (Walmart!) or the classroom. I might have to look into those.

I'm not sure who mentioned this but this was not my experience. I have extremely photo sensitive eyes probably and look a bit off in some of the conditions I wear sunglasses in lol. Eyelash extensions didn't help this one bit so YMMV.

Also if you have sensitive (not just to light) eyes I'd recommend against it. The adhesive they use is pretty strong stuff. I would wake up looking like I had conjunctivitis >.<

I'm not sure who mentioned this but this was not my experience. I have extremely photo sensitive eyes probably and look a bit off in some of the conditions I wear sunglasses in lol. Eyelash extensions didn't help this one bit so YMMV.

Also if you have sensitive (not just to light) eyes I'd recommend against it. The adhesive they use is pretty strong stuff. I would wake up looking like I had conjunctivitis >.<

Oooh... thanks for your feedback! I probably wouldn't get them done anyways, too much of a hassle. lol

I regularly color my hair- used to do lots of different colors, from natural to anything but, now I just get various shades of blonde highlights and then use semi permanent dyes to add some fun color.

I get my nails done regularly as I hate the look and feel of natural unpainted nails.

I wear makeup occasionally because I think it is fun.

I would love breast augmentation, but I had a lot of surgeries when I was younger, and I have no desire to tempt fate with an elective surgery.
:blush: I thought I was the only one, but I swear my fingernails actually hurt when they're "naked".

A lot of my female family members and I have wondered about stuff like Latisse and other eyelash strengthening/lengthening stuff but I know a few people with colored eyes and it darkened/browned their colored eyes. Well ALL of the women in my immediate have colored eyes and we don't want that to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter