Anyone Cancelling?

We really didn't plan to be cancelling. If they pull our free dining (via a bounce back we booked last august) there is no way to justify the trip. I've never paid "rack rate" for a room without some other hefty discount to the package to justify it. It doesn't make any sense to drop another 2 - 2.5K on dining on top of a rack rate room.

I think this guarantees we'll look into putting a pool in our yard this summer instead of a disney trip.

Not sure. The idea of being in a park that has low capacity sounds good. But how far out can you pick you park of the day? What about hopping? What about Food and Wine? What about park hours?

I don't know. We have already talked about moving the trip to next year. I think for now we will wait and see what sort of info Disney sends out to ticket holders, and go from there.

I am surprised not everyone is cancelling. Seems like a lot of money for a reduced experience

We’re not cancelling because we don’t have/like highly structured touring plans - as long as we can get into the parks we want to go to (1 a day is fine) it’ll be fun. We’re there for the rides and the atmosphere - we don’t do TS, M&G, parades (no fireworks is a bummer but we’ll live), I have a personal vendetta against FP+ and I don’t mind limited ADRs. I get why that’s not worth it to many others, to us it’ll be close to a relatively normal trip.

Not sure. The idea of being in a park that has low capacity sounds good. But how far out can you pick you park of the day? What about hopping? What about Food and Wine? What about park hours?

I don't know. We have already talked about moving the trip to next year. I think for now we will wait and see what sort of info Disney sends out to ticket holders, and go from there.
What about staffing? To me, limited capacity means minimal staffing which means longer lines. Especially with appropriate cleaning efforts. Park hours are already cut... I don’t think the announcement we will hear from Disney over the next week will make things “better”. I’m expecting more and more cuts. No parties. No festivals. No pools. Hopefully I’m wrong for those that plan to still go.

We are scheduled to arrive July 8. We were planning on parks July 9-11, then head to clearwater with extended family until the 16th, then parks the 16-19. SO now, I don't know what to do! We rented DVC, and it is non refundable, so I feel stuck. We will probably try (once available) to move our tickets to December (yesterday a ticket cm assured me our tickets would still be good) and try for Christmas week. Its's the only time we can all be off again. We will probably try Universal for the 16-19 I guess. I'm just sad, mad, frustrated, whatever.

Cancelled our August trip before these announcements. I was pretty sure that even if WDW was operating for our dates, it wasn't going to be operating in a way that was appealing to. Too much money for too many unknowns and probable limitations.

The announcement of what WDW will be like just made me happy we had reconciled cancelling already.

For us, no fireworks, waterparks, and wearing masks in August were all deal breakers. Too many unknowns. I'm also just not ready to be in a crowded theme park yet.

We are renting a beach condo that we can drive to. Its simpler, cheaper and I don't have to fly.

We have a December trip planned and are taking a wait and see attitude with that one.

Last edited:
For those canceling, I was able to cancel my reservation on-line yesterday under My Disney Experience. I got the email confirmations almost right away. No need to wait on hold.

For those canceling, I was able to cancel my reservation on-line yesterday under My Disney Experience. I got the email confirmations almost right away. No need to wait on hold.
That’s not possible today. They’ve locked down everything. Fortunately, I got most of mine done before today. Just a couple left I have to call on.

We cancelled our Oct 31-Nov 8 trip and rebooked a vacation in the carribean. I don't believe all restrictions will be lifted by then and I'm too impatient to wait and see.

I am going to wait for now (so as not to miss any rebooking incentive), but we won't be taking our July 23-29 trip for a few reasons. We had the free dining recovery promo after having to cancel our April trip. With free dining being taken away, there is no need for me to take a 2 and 4 year old to the parks in masks in sweltering heat without FP to cut back on the time we spend in lines. I don't know how long lines will be. I still don't know if indoor shows will be closed. For now, we will reschedule for late August hoping things will be more clear regarding park operations and closures. We will see what wait times are like when the parks open in July. I fully realize August may be a no go as well :( We will just keep postponing until the trip seems like something we can handle as a young family.

I am surprised not everyone is cancelling. Seems like a lot of money for a reduced experience
My (adult) kids are going and they are flexible about planning. We used refundable points to book airfare and have a room only reservation. This last round of cuts was a doozy but I suppose it's helpful in terms of expectations. Still might cancel.

AP holder and my family and I average about 6 trips a year from SC.

When I found out this morning that now my 2 year old would be required to wear a mask that is basically a deal breaker for us. I'm going to try and work with my daughter on wearing it but its basically impossible. No kid that age wants to wear a hat, sunglasses, mickey ears etc for longer then a few seconds. I can't imagine her wearing a mask all day.

Those of you who are unhappy but taking a wait and see approach are not sticking up for yourselves. Disney talks money so if you are leaning towards cancelling or probably going to cancel, DO NOT WAIT. Get your money out of their accounts as soon as you can and back into your own. Cancelling at a later point is not sticking up for yourself.

I am still going in October and hoping I get into the new system but if I was unsure I certainly would not be waiting.

Those of you who are unhappy but taking a wait and see approach are not sticking up for yourselves. Disney talks money so if you are leaning towards cancelling or probably going to cancel, DO NOT WAIT. Get your money out of their accounts as soon as you can and back into your own. Cancelling at a later point is not sticking up for yourself.

I am still going in October and hoping I get into the new system but if I was unsure I certainly would not be waiting.
It's still early for many. They can wait and see what happens in July/August and go from there.

AP holder and my family and I average about 6 trips a year from SC.

When I found out this morning that now my 2 year old would be required to wear a mask that is basically a deal breaker for us. I'm going to try and work with my daughter on wearing it but its basically impossible. No kid that age wants to wear a hat, sunglasses, mickey ears etc for longer then a few seconds. I can't imagine her wearing a mask all day.

Lets be honest, that is unenforceable. They will NEVER kick out a family because of a 2 year old, could you imagine the fame your family would get if Disney kicked you out for that. Also they can not determine a child's age anyways.

Lets be honest, that is unenforceable. They will NEVER kick out a family because of a 2 year old, could you imagine the fame your family would get if Disney kicked you out for that. Also they can not determine a child's age anyways.
I think it was just one more way to discourage people from going and to get their numbers down to their projected manageable levels. That way it is your decision and they aren't cancelling you.

Does anyone else think like me, that this is exactly what Disney's goal is, for people to stay away. They could be concerned about large crowds and their ability to handle them safely. They will do the best they can until Sept 2021 and hopfully will be able to start the 50th Anniversary Oct 1 and run it through 2022. My family wants to go back November 2021 but I'm thinking maybe we should wait until 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter