AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

I just can't get over how high prices are this year. I am trying everything and nothing is getting better, in fact my prices are even higher. We are 16 days out and still checking everyday all day!

I'm still watching my rates for 8/5 to 8/11. Currently $218 through Alamo and Costco. Intermediate car

I check several times daily and yesterday noticed Budget getting lower - hoping maybe they will drop lower than $218

I'm still watching my rates for 8/5 to 8/11. Currently $218 through Alamo and Costco. Intermediate car

I check several times daily and yesterday noticed Budget getting lower - hoping maybe they will drop lower than $218

I have noticed the same thing. My Alamo reservation for 08/25 - 9/9 has went down a little, but not much. However, the prices for Dollar, Budget and Thrifty have all recently lowered by a little over $100.

awdwnut

Check again, everyone. Nothing huge, but able to bump up to a Intermediate with Avis for $206 all in from 8/3-8/10 picking up at the Hilton right outside DS. Also have a Compact from 8/3-8/11 for $236 all in to/from MCO with Budget. Now to figure out which one to keep!

Last edited:

Today I got 8/3 - 8/14 (+3 hours over) $337 all in with Dollar, that was another $30 savings from my last quote 4 days ago...

My full size rental (Aug 24 - Sep 8) is now down to $357 (from almost $500 a few months ago). I am currently booked with Dollar through Priceline. I much prefer Costco but their prices are nowhere close to what priceline is offering.

I am also using autoslash to track and automatically notify me of any better deals that might be available.
How did you know it was Dollar with Priceline? I see six car companies and it says I will get "one of these," which means it will probably be a company I don't want to rent from.

How did you know it was Dollar with Priceline? I see six car companies and it says I will get "one of these," which means it will probably be a company I don't want to rent from.

Priceline gives you multiple options including directly renting from a specific company or a 'priceline' picked company.

Just found a lower deal through costco on my Aug 24th - Sep 8th rental. I had a fullsize through Dollar (Priceline) for $357, now paying $349 plus a $20 costco gift card.

I'm currently holding two reservations:
- Costco/Budget Fullsize $349 (plus $20 costco GC)
- Autoslash/Alamo Convertible $443

Interestingly, I couldn't find the cheaper costco rate on my laptop, it was only available when I searched on my phone.

Has anyone rented from Avis? They're the lowest today through Costco (I'm one week out) at $226 for a full-size 8/4-8/11. I've never rented with them before.

My Alamo full size rental went down $3 for this Saturday to next. Better than nothing!

I just rechecked Costco and saved $15 on a rental for August 7-17. That's 8 days away. Keep checking!

I just re-checked...the Alamo Standard went up from $400 to $425, but the Fullsize went down to $370 - 8/14 thru 8/25

Looks like I’m going to have to be happy with the standard at $465 for 2 weeks with Alamo. Good thing I booked it back in January as it’s only gone up since then.

I am down to $342 for a midsize SUV from Alamo with our BJ's discount plus the $30 off discount code for dates Aug 9th thru Aug 18. Not bad, but under $300 would be better. One can dream, haha

I am down to $342 for a midsize SUV from Alamo with our BJ's discount plus the $30 off discount code for dates Aug 9th thru Aug 18. Not bad, but under $300 would be better. One can dream, haha
Thanks for posting! I totally forgot about BJ's car rentals. I checked and just got my 2 week standard at Alamo down to $443 from $465.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter