Celebrating my 30th Disney style - Complete and Picture heavy!

If Hakkuna Matata is open, it's a great lunch! Go for the chicken strips! Likewise, toad hall has a great reputation for it's fish and chips, and I agree, that burger sounds great, and although personally I didn't have a great experience at the Lucky Nugget, loads of others have. (My experience was back in Sept '12, so a while ago now!)

We tried to go to Hakuna Matata one lunch, with our hearts set on it, and then found that it's closed some days!! I used the following site (I THINK DLPGuide might have these opening times now too, not sure....) and it was pretty accurate! (And I've pointed it towards your dates already!) Obviously, none of the counter service are bookable, but personally I like to have a rough plan rather than walking miles around the parks to find an open location!

http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-04-mai-2015.html

Have you decided which days you're going to be in which park?

Seems that for your remaining dinner slots, you COULD do the following (sorry, I LOVE planning the meals!! lol):

Tuesday evening - Hakuna Matata (9.30pm closes) and Lucky Nugget (10pm closes) are both open late!
If in Studios - Restaurant en Coulisse is decent enough and open until 7.30pm! The 'children's' meal was big enough for me and saves a bit of money!

Thursday lunch (if in Silver Spur for evening, you may be in the main Disneyland park all day?) - Lucky Nugget and Toad Hall both open (Hakuna Matata is closed today!)
If in Studios - Cafe des Cascadeurs has an excellent reputation! Worth a visit apparently!

Sat & Sun - Everything seems open except for Cafe Hyperion (closed for renovation anyway) and Agrabah. So check the timings but otherwise you world is your oyster! If you want to go to Bistro Remy (Studios) or Walts, you'll need to book!!

A word of advice - for counter service lunch, aim to get there for 11.20 - as soon as it hits 12 it gets VERY busy!!

Hope that helps.....!! :)

C x

The plan at the moment is Annette's Diner lunch then Disneyland park Tuesday but I am not going to decide anything about Dinner as I have no idea if we'll want to stay in the park until close or chill in the hotel (it will be a very early start) I nearly booked Chuck Wagon BUT if the others want an early night I may have this as my evening to stake out a good spot for Dreams photos. So I'm ok with that being a "we'll decide at the time" kind of thing. If we're in the parks I may try and make sure we're in the Hakkuna Matata area - after your comment yesterday I read your TR and I am intrigued by the chicken strips. The best chicken strips DH and I have ever had are on Disney Cruise line. If Hakkuna Matata is half that good it will be an excellent meal!!

Wednesday we are in Paris all day.

Thursday the plan is studios until close (closes at 19:00) then over to DL for the rest of the evening/night. I am thinking another we'll pick up something when we want it situation, but I am likely to snack rather than have a meal as I would like to save myself for dinner. There is no "MUST DO" in that park for me. I would like to try Earl of Sandwich and some of the treats at the swing into spring kiosks so I may even leave the park for lunch.

Friday Main Disneyland park all day Cafe Mickey breakfast and Blue Lagoon late lunch/early Dinner

Saturday will be a day to do everything we haven't fit in / really loved and want to do again. If I don't make it to EOS earlier in the week I will have lunch there and am expecting to do lucky nugget dinner as friendS also mentioned she'd like to give that burger a try.

Sunday we will need to leave the parks by about 14:30 and I am contemplating trying a buffet for lunch to fill us up for the day. DH is a big Pizza fan and as I haven't given him much opportunity for Pizza so far and I know Buzz's Pizza Planet will be his idea of heaven I think this will have to be it.

Thanks for the help. DH and I tend to have lunch around 1:30/2 but I know my mum likes it a little earlier so may aim for 11:20/30 (also a good excuse to have a snack/ice cream in the afternoon ;) )

Last edited:
Sounds fab! If nothing else, you could always make yourself a little note of which CS places are open each day and closing times and stick it in your wallet/purse bag. Nice easy reference! EOS was fabulous too.

C x

I will make a note so thank you for sharing the website! Disney holidays are a blessing and a curse in some ways. I always say a Disney Holiday lasts a lot longer than the days/weeks we are there as I am thinking about it or planning something every single day from the day it's booked this is great because I get at least a few months out of the 1 holiday BUT it also means I seriously cannot wait!! I want to be there. RIGHT. NOW!! >:( :rotfl2: I'm finding it even harder this year with our Disney Cruise and Disneyland CA to look forward to as well. At least it's only 8 weeks today until I skip down mainstreet USA! and we're going to Dublin over Easter with friendG and friendS so that should keep me going.

Ah we're getting to the 50 day point party:

This morning I have received my new backpack for carrying around at the parks and It's super cute. Was about £17.00 on eBay and will definitely get a good few uses! I prefer a backpack for carrying my camera stuff to an over the shoulder bag. The material is a little flimsier than I had expected BUT it makes it super lightweight!

I have also started writing my packing list. Those of you who have stayed at Cheyenne before my mum would like to know if there are hairdryers? and I would like to know the socket situation, is it worth bringing an extension lead? There will be 3 adults in our room and we will all have phones and cameras to charge.

Unfortunately I was too late to book our Eiffel tower tickets! So we will have to queue when we get there. I have allowed 2ish hours for that stop (to include lunch) so I am hoping if there is a big queue I can send the other 4 for lunch and I will queue for our tickets - they can bring me something to eat - and we will still have enough time to enjoy the tower. Does anyone have any experience with crowds on a weekday in May? Do you think this will be enough time? The last time we did the Eiffel tower was on a Tuesday mid October and there was no queue at all. I think I will concentrate on that day trip for a little while now to make sure everyone gets to see what they want to see.

I am almost ashamed to admit I have also bought a selfie stick. :blush: I am not normally into selfies and I am not one of these kids who have to take them all the time and everywhere. BUT I was looking through some old holiday photo albums recently and noticed we have a million photos of DH and about 4 of me (OK slight exaggeration) but because I'm the photographer - I use that term loosely - I don't appear in them very often. Without asking a stranger who is willing to and trusting them with my camera I'm not really sure how else to get a picture of the whole group on this trip. Especially on the Paris day trip. I don't intend on using it a lot, just for pics in front of the castle / eiffel tower etc etc. I will try to not annoy anyone with it though! Thanks for hearing my confession :lmao: I do suspect DH may be more likely to want to play with the new camera instead of a point and shoot so may also get some nice pictures of me for a change.

TTFN

Last edited:
Hi again Shell - don't worry, your secret is safe with us. :thumbsup2 I too bought a selfie stick recently - keep meaning to make time to try it out. Like you I will limit my use of it but will also want those few key photos when I'm in Disneyland on my own.

There are very few sockets in the rooms so I bring 1 european adapter and a 4 gang extension lead so I can plug everything I need in. I've never stayed in Cheyenne so don't know about hairdryers.

Lovely bag. :goodvibes

You have a lovely trip planned. My eldest two kids birthdays are at the beginning of May and it can be a wee bit busy then, but you'll still have a wonderful time. Look forward to reading along :goodvibes

Hi Ms Poppins! thanks for the heads up. I see your next visit is Halloween, I loved the Halloween overlay when we went a few years ago :goodvibes

Thank you Anne (for keeping the secret AND the info ;)) we will def bring a 4 gang ext. - saves bringing too many EU adapters too!!

Yey it's under 50 days if I stand on my tippy most toes and jump a little I think I can almost see it on the horizon!!! :ccat:

I haven't been doing a huge deal on this trip the last week or so. DH and I are going to Dublin with FriendS and FriendG for a long weekend 2 weeks today and whilst we haven't done huge planning I have been trying to figure out packing lists, logistics and similar things. DH And I actually went to Dublin for the First time in January to celebrate our anniversary. We really loved it - it could simply be a fact of there isn't as much we HAD to do there as we do everywhere else so we were able to chill out a bit and just enjoy ourselves and our surroundings. We also loved going to almost any bar and seeing live music. Almost as soon as we came back we booked again but thought it may be more fun a second time with friends. We are staying in a self catering apartment this time in the hope we can save a little money on things like food. We have a lot to pay for this year! I may give a small TR as a real life update when we get back ;)

I don't know if any of you watched or have heard of Broadchurch (you should it's great!!) but it is set in Bridport which is about an hour and a half from where we live. We have both decided to book tomorrow off as DH has been working a lot of overtime so it'll be nice to spend the day together. Anyway anyway, we have decided to go for a day trip to "Broadchurch" and we're going to leave super early so we can watch the Solar eclipse :goodvibes I'm pretty excited about that - total geek and proud!

Anyway, apologies that was all OT :offtopic:

One thing I have been thinking about is what I would like to accomplish this trip.
Attractions we haven't been on/done before (this list is shamefully long!):
  • Adventure Isle
  • Alice's Labyrinth
  • Autopia
  • Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains (I'm pretty sure we have only done this at Disneyland CA :confused3)
  • Captain EO (I must admit I have never been bothered about this but I know it's a classic and I suppose I should give it at least 1 go)
  • La Cabane des Robinsons (I think we have only done the WDW version)
  • La Taniere du Dragon
  • Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin
  • Pinocchio
  • Teacups
  • Orbitron
  • Pirate Galleon/Beach
  • Cars
  • Flying carpets over Agrabah
  • Ratatouille
  • Slinky
  • Parachute drop
  • Armageddon
See!! shamefully long list. We only got one day to do both parks last time so had to prioritise and the previous time some of this was either closed for refurb or not a priority. I do want to ride all the others I have ridden before too and my dad LOVES Tower of Terror so will have to do that a few times I think. I would love to get a picture of all 7 of us across a row. Other than this I am really looking forward to soaking up Swing into Spring and I definitely want to check out the special offerings for that! I would also like to check out some of the other hotels - research for future trips ;) I may try and have a drink at each hotel to check them out a little. I will also have a glowtini somewhere!! Other than price is there any difference in the cocktails through the hotels? I know they are more expensive at DLH but is that because they are better or ONLY because of location? Either way I definitely want to have something at Cafe Fantasia! Also, is there any must do/drink/eat that is exclusive to any one resort? I'm thinking more stop for a snack rather than meal as these are mostly planned.

I have also decided to put together a special "party bag" for the other 6 as a thank you for coming over and spending all that money to share my Bday with me. I want to keep it secret (not even telling DH) and whilst I am certain they aren't reading this - I have given them the link! - I wont share too many details just in case! Each party bag will have a special gift for each person and some of the usual things we used to get when we were kids. I am thinking I will leave them at the hotel then nip back to get them a little while before BL Otherwise (to alleviate suspicions) I may just carry them around all day. So far I have bought a gift for FriendS - it was actually finding something I would like to give her that gave me the idea. I think I may get something for the others there unless I find something inspiring beforehand. The only problem with shopping there is I may not get any time to do it alone! :rolleyes1 I would like the main gift to be Disney related but in a grown up not in your face kind of way - I know you know what I mean right? It's the guys i'm finding most difficult TBH I would also like to get them something with their fave character on - maybe a nice DLP Christmas decoration? OR I may get friend S and G Disney Tsum tsum of their fave characters as I think that would be right up their alley. Personally I am unsure if I like the Tsum Tsum, looks a little weird to me. The small ones are only £3 at Clinton Cards so not too bad. I THINK I know their fave characters o_O need a cunning way to find out for sure! In case they are reading I will share what I bought them in my actual TR in May EEEEEEEE FriendS's main gift has just arrived!

TTFN:tigger:

Last edited:

Belated

Everyone, hope you've had a good one? We went to Dublin with our friends, who are also joining us on this trip, We had a blast!! And I was able to pick up this adorable shirt for DH from Penneys

What dya think? He asked when is he going to wear a shirt like that!?!? ERM....... I can think of a few times / places! ;)

Although the downside was that it was a weekend of huge over indulgence! 4 weeks until DLP so 4 weeks of healthy living - no beer, no takeaways, no eating out and more exercise! I have, sadly, put back on the 7lbs I had lost o_O well it's my own fault and now I'm going to do something about it!!

Hopefully these 4 weeks will go quickly so I will be back at home on Disney property! As I write this it has now been 633 days since we stepped off our Mediterranean Disney Cruise and I have missed Disney so very much. I inject it into every day life but it's not the same as being enveloped in the magic! 4 weeks today and we will be riding something or stopping for an afternoon ice cream before heading back for check in!

I must admit Disneyland Paris is not my favourite, in fact I may even go as far to say it is my least favourite resort overall. That sounds a little harsh - I've just had better experiences at the resorts in the states. However, the Paris Castle is my fave and I'm fairly certain POTC is the best (it's close with Disneyland California but it was a long time since I was there - will try them both out this year so will let you know then ;)). BUT Its the least favourite of things I love. It is still better than a like - I love it!!

I have been able to book our table at Hard Rock for our Paris day so that's one day completely organised. It will be busy and there will be a lot of walking but this may be the only time my parents ever go so I want to help them see as much as possible, I just hope it won't wear them out too much ;) They can always have a lie in on the Thur if they want one. It's shaping up as

Train to Arc de Triomphe
Walk down Champs Elysse to the Louvre picking up breakfast at a bakery to have in the park en route
Walk to Notre Dame - go up the bell tower if open
Metro to Eiffel tower and also lunch around that area
Metro to Moulin Rouge
Walk up to Montmartre and the Sacre-Couer
Metro to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner
Finishing up with a Seine River Cruise around sunset before RER back to Disney.
BED!!!

I have also made some progress on the party bags but I will share that with you in a future post as I am still waiting for a few bits to come in the post!

TTFN DISers :wave2:

Just a very very quick update today - received the absolute best thing

Mickey Mail!! It's the best kind of mail and always makes me happy. Means the trip is almost here!! Only 16 days at work to get through party:

We went to see Cinderella last night and I thought it was fantastic, we really loved it. I wasn't overly bothered about the Frozen short but I would definitely recommend Cinderella if you haven't already.

I have also received 3 of the 4 ordered presents - just need to come up with something for my dad and my brother which is difficult. With my dad it's hard to know what he'd appreciate, with my brother it's too much choice o_O. DH is out tonight so I will take some pics and will let you see soon.

Hope you're all having a good week?

TTFN

Hey everyone hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this nice sunshine we've been having:sunny:? We managed to have our first BBQ of the year on Sat :goodvibes

So very glad we are now in the teens. Since getting back from Dublin I have been dreaming about this trip and can't wait to get away and have a week days off work!! Everything is starting to fall into place and I have even started packing. On the way home from work tonight I'll be stopping at Halfords to pick up a breathalyzer (legal requirement to carry one in France not that we'll be needing it) and beam deflectors. We need to get the air conditioning fixed - with the heatwave we've had recently I don't think we could drive to Paris without it!! Luckily Kwik Fit are opposite where I work so I can drop it off there Thur Morning to get that done. DH is in charge of sorting out the EU breakdown cover - this is SO important! when we went in 2011 we hadn't been having troubles tried to drive off the ferry and nothing :eek:. So we had to start our trip waiting an hour or 2 in the ferry port to get sorted. So glad we had it then and we would never go without it!! He will also check oil, water and diesel so the car will be ready.

I have now received all but my brothers gift and they are wrapped and ready to give on the Friday (I hope my hunch is right and they aren't reading along) it will be a lovely surprise. I had to tell DH about the party bag idea but even he doesn't know about the gifts. I will not share pic of the gifts until they are given but I think they'll like them.

I have noticed one very sad thing in the packing process - I only have 3 Disney T-shirts!!! o_O DH has 6 so will have a different one every day pretty much but not me. That is a good enough reason for a bit of a shopping spree though right? ;)

And SDD - only 8 days left in work :woohoo:
I'm contemplating booking a half day on the first so my holiday can start a little earlier. 1st May is actually my brothers birthday and he has decided to catch a train to ours to spend it with us (DH and I live about 100miles away from our parents and my siblings still live in our hometown) - Luckily we're on their way to Dover anyway :-). We'll go out for a meal and a few :drinking1 to start the holiday officially. It looks as though my parents will come up on Saturday and I expect to be spending Saturday baking and getting ready for an afternoon tea party on the Sunday with my closest family and friends. Since the couple days before we leave are going to be super busy I need to have us packed and all the house work done before next Thursday really - DH can sort the car out the Sunday morning.

Less than 2 weeks and We'll be there and this PTR can officially become a TR - That certainly deserves some dancing bananas :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Take care folks.

TTFN

SDD
party:

This time next week we will be well on our way and should be approaching or on the M25 by now. There isn't much to report but I would like to fill up page 2 so the TR can start fresh on page 3

Last night I spent a couple of hours ironing and packing and now we are pretty much ready to go just a few bits and pieces. I think I said in a PP that I was a bit disappointed with how few Disney T-shirts I had. Well I had a little search online and found a Cinderella T from George at Asda and my new fave from ASOS -

What do you think? I love it! I am a bit of a baker in my spare time so this Tee is me to a T ;) (OK apologies for the cheesiness there).

The car is going in for it's repairs tomorrow so hopefully that's plenty of time - AirCon needs to be done - 5 adults in a 5 seater car driving for hours in the sun o_O and we now also need to get the water holder for the windscreen fixed as it seems to be leaking... one thing after another.

I cut and dyed DHs hair on Sat and he's treating me to a salon visit I just hope they can fit me in.

I also looked into the possibility for me and mum to go for mother daughter manicures at the Disneyland hotel but at
€80 each I can't really justify that. Shame really.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week!!

TTFN

Only 2 and a half days left at work then I am officially on holiday! Yesterday went really quickly but today is starting to drag a little. :sad2:

Some bad news - Kwik fit can't fit the car in :eek: trying to get hold of some other companies to see if they can so fingers crossed everyone please!!

Good news is Hairdresser can fit me in Saturday morning and I am really tempted to go for something different and cut a good few inches off :scared1: we'll see. It makes for Saturday being a very busy day as I have to do a lot of baking then for Sunday. Unfortunately it looks like rain on Sunday so between You and me I am kind of hoping people will just drop in for an hour or 2 rather then stay all afternoon as the house is going to be packed. Such a shame but can't control the weather.

Talking of weather - any recommendations of accurate(ish) sites or apps for the weather around DLP? my phone is currently telling me this

I can deal with rain but I would rather it were not on our Paris day. We're still a week away from that though so it may improve. We'll take coats just in case anyway.

Since I wont get a manicure I thought I would attempt some DIY Disney nails. What do you think? (The gold is colour changing and will be a reddish pink when in direct sunlight (if we get any :laughing:))

b7229957-f2a0-4600-b871-aad1880ed18c_zpsdenulh4r.jpg

They aren't perfect but I kinda like that :thumbsup2.

Nearly time :jumping1:

TTFN

Last edited:

So Excited!!!!!
Last Day of work :cool1: only 5 hours until I am officially on holiday!

I finished packing last night and I have ordered my Euros to collect later. Good news is we managed to get the car sorted. They fit us in this morning and it was all done by 9am so will pick that up on the way home. Lukes train gets here just after 5 so will go an pick him up then we'll make a start on celebrating his birthday.

The weather seems like it will be ok.

Even if there are showers it will at least be warm and it looks like it will be dry on our Paris day so all good news :goodvibes

And, of course, the good news for you is these little PTR updates are almost over soon to be a real TR.

Have a great weekend everyone!

TTFN

Hi Shell - sorry to be so late to dance for your SDD but better late than never. :cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :dancer: party: :dancer: :banana: :cheer2: :cool1:

Love the T shirt and nails - aren't you clever doing those yourself - I can just about paint my toenails but they wouldn't bear a close up inspection. :rotfl2:

Only 2 days until you leave - you must be so excited. :goodvibes

Hey Anne! Thank you :goodvibes I should be getting ready but I'm going to have a quick catch up on your TR :thumbsup2

We had a little party yesterday with some of my closest family and friends which was great! My cousin bought me this game -

It is FANTASTIC and I can highly recommend it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter