CM’s entering resort rooms with and without RO sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ellbell do you work for Disney? You seem really invested in trying to steer people away from valid concerns.

All this nonsense boils down to people not wanting to be disturbed while on vacation, yet you and a couple other notable DIS posters seem to always try to get the last word in edgewise to dismiss the concerns of others. Realize this: people WANT to give more money to Disney, and some of those people also want to not be disturbed while on vacation. So rather than immediately write off staying on site in favor of off site options, some people would rather figure out ways to discuss the policy and provide feedback to the Mouse.

I'll say that those freaking out about 3am dudes creeping don't necessarily add value to the conversation. But many others are simple Disney planners that just want to know what's up, and for the prices Disney charges, and for their self-proclaimed customer oriented attitude, I think folks are entitled to some answers.

@ellbell do you work for Disney? You seem really invested in trying to steer people away from valid concerns.

All this nonsense boils down to people not wanting to be disturbed while on vacation, yet you and a couple other notable DIS posters seem to always try to get the last word in edgewise to dismiss the concerns of others. Realize this: people WANT to give more money to Disney, and some of those people also want to not be disturbed while on vacation. So rather than immediately write off staying on site in favor of off site options, some people would rather figure out ways to discuss the policy and provide feedback to the Mouse.

I'll say that those freaking out about 3am dudes creeping don't necessarily add value to the conversation. But many others are simple Disney planners that just want to know what's up, and for the prices Disney charges, and for their self-proclaimed customer oriented attitude, I think folks are entitled to some answers.
Definitely not trying to stear it away but reality is that people can end up causing themselves more grief. There was a post earlier where someone posted that if the security or HK member didn't take no for an answer they could expect a face full of pepper spray. The way to go about these issues is not to be hostile or say I'm not having it at all. Right now this is policy, in order to make your voice heard you need to use your words with the company. Writing letters expressing your dissatisfaction is a good one. Writing letters making demands not so much. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things and every time this topic comes up people are putting out ideas that could very well cause themselves or others to be arrested or kicked off property.

This is exactly right. Moreover, the wild "what ifs" like the example cited above really aren't even related to the policy. There has always been the possibility that some creep with a passkey might enter your hotel room for nefarious purposes. This policy doesn't change that (also that's part of the reason the security latch exists). There is no question that the owner of a hotel has a legal right to enter your room and always has, notwithstanding this policy. Hotel booking agreements universally note that the proprietor retains that right. A hotel employee (or an imposter for that matter) who engages in some sort of wrongdoing while purportedly carrying out this policy would be subject to liability that might or might not extend to the hotel depending on the circumstances. But that doesn't change the underlying assumptions, and the fact that a policy might potentially be abused doesn't invalidate the policy, and it certainly doesn't make it unlawful. It seems reasonable to point out potential concerns in an effort to possibly help Disney refine its policy. But the wild speculation doesn't seem conducive to that.

I mostly agree with you and I am certainly a pragmatist. The fact is that while these contracts are in place and everyone knows about them, realistically hotels don't make it a habit of barging in on their guests unless absolutely necessary because they want to keep guests happy. IMO a fake room check under the guise of trash removal that may or may not even be carried out doesn't fall under the absolutely necessary umbrella.

I think this policy is quite stupid because it doesn't actually accomplish anything but the possibility for intrusion. I do not believe for one second that they would find whatever they are looking for using this method. But, I will say also that I don't "look" for problems and my first stay under this policy did not have any serious issues, just more of a headscratcher moment in my one interaction with the room "checker." But just because I personally didn't have a problem with this policy doesn't mean I agree with it.

If workers intrude on private time, whatever it may be, by bypassing the room occupied sign in place - then that is where I will be drawing the line and it will go to management at that point. I have "only" read a handful of stories like that so far, and, assuming they are the truth, it doesn't sound like it happens very often; although if you are the one it happens to then once is more than enough.

The fact that they don't have it setup to where a person can confirm the identity of the employee by calling the front desk is a big misstep, imo. Of course, that was a potential problem before the policy, only now exacerbated by the policy.

and for the prices Disney charges, and for their self-proclaimed customer oriented attitude, I think folks are entitled to some answers.

The price that Disney charges entitles you to exactly what you pay for, rooms, park tickets etc. Just because something costs a lot of money, doesn't mean you are entitled to more than what you bargained for. If you want a say in company policy, buy stock.

The price that Disney charges entitles you to exactly what you pay for, rooms, park tickets etc. Just because something costs a lot of money, doesn't mean you are entitled to more than what you bargained for. If you want a say in company policy, buy stock.

Thanks for your valuable insight.

In the real world, if people are upset about a product/service, they can either not purchase the product/service in the future, or provide feedback to see if their issue can be fixed. This thread is full of people following the latter path, but those folks seem to be countered by you and others who insist on pushing those folks into a "deal with it or go away" mindset. That's not cool.

To say that you have to own company stock to effect change or provide feedback is so wrong, I hope I don't have to explain to you why.

In the real world, if people are upset about a product/service, they can either not purchase the product/service in the future, or provide feedback to see if their issue can be fixed. This thread is full of people following the latter path, but those folks seem to be countered by you and others who insist on pushing those folks into a "deal with it or go away" mindset. That's not cool.

To say that you have to own company stock to effect change or provide feedback is so wrong, I hope I don't have to explain to you why.
People here haven't provided feedback. This is not Disney. Only a handful of people have actually said anything to Disney. Nobody on this forum could stop you from contacting Disney to make your feelings known. In fact I for one encourage it. Instead of saying all the things you (general you)will do in retaliation to stop the policy from being implemented and causing yourself or an employee harm write to guest services and explain how you feel and make your concerns know. Without demands because when people start demanding other people stop listening.

I'm surprised they are continuing the policy as it must be COSTING them a lot of money for the extra man power. If spending extra money isn't enough of a reason to can the practice, and they aren't losing money in revenue due to people staying elsewhere, I can't see a change anytime soon due to complaints and feedback. It's been in practice for 8 months. They've gotten 8 months worth of unhappy DIS'ers, myself included, emailing and calling and still it stands. It's gonna take a mighty big shakeup to make that dog drop the bone. A financial or legal one. Not more emails.

Giving feedback is one thing, being entitled to answers is another. The part of your post, which I quoted, was talking about being entitled to answers. I never said that you shouldn't voice your opinion, only that paying money doesn't entitle you to answers. The stock part was simply to say that if you want to be entitled to a say in how the company conducts business, then buying stock would entitle you to that.

OK. Now that yet another thread has been taken over by rants and wild speculation, we're done here.

I shouldn't have to state the obvious, but when you post an opinion on a message board, people are going to disagree with you. Possibly a lot of people. Offering a counter to your point of view is not bullying or mocking or an attack. If you don't want to hear disapproval or disagreement, or participate in a debate, a message board is probably not going to be a comfortable place for you.

I understand that a group of regular posters on this topic are quite upset about the room checks. While I don't understand why those who are angry would continue to patronize a company that they feel has treated them so poorly, that's their right. But endless posting and re-posting of the same complaints and what-ifs, over and over again, by the same handful of people, isn't accomplishing anything.

If you want Disney's attention, talk to Disney. It might make you feel better to vent in post after post after post, but it's not going to do a single thing to make the room checks go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter