Continue to be shocked by the rude bully we encountered :(

Unfortunately this "zeros" attitude and lack of class /respect is spreading like the plague and is everywhere, driving, restaurants, shopping, just going to a movie anymore is a joke!

These types of people know they can be jerks and nothing will happen to them,there is no repercussions and most people who give zero could care less what others say or think so humiliating in public has no affect, they know you're not going to put hands on them no matter what because in this day in age you will be the one locked up.

People now have the right to act like fools and the entitlement to do so keeps them from getting handed a beating. Get used to it because unfortunately it's only going to get worse as more and more people who have class give up and show less and less you know what's because there tiered of getting number 2ed on.

People now have the right to act like fools and the entitlement to do so keeps them from getting handed a beating. Get used to it because unfortunately it's only going to get worse as more and more people who have class give up and show less and less you know what's because there tiered of getting number 2ed on.

So...40 years ago the "people who have class" would have beaten the people who stood in the way during fireworks? Hmm. Not how I remember things.

The idea that rude people are a new thing is so ridiculous. There have always been rude people. There have always been self-involved people. There haven't always been social media and forums to complain about them.

Bottom line is that the people shoving their way in were inconsiderate. How in the wide world do you wade into a large group of people SITTING and stand? A previous poster queried why they didn't stand on the edge, since all of the people were sitting and they would have had an unobstructed view...cuz they're jerks, with a me mentality. We were also at the Oct. 20 MNSSHP, watching the parade in Frontier Land. We were standing on the rope, and towards the end of the parade, CMs removed the rope, but instructed us that no one should fill in the space, as it was a walkway. The minute the CMs walked away, a woman moved herself and her children directly in front of us (specifically, my five year old). I nicely let her know she was in front of us, and that the area was supposed to be clear. She glared at me, and turned around. I said it again, and she refused to acknowledge me in any way. I was livid and had to make a concerted decision not to let it upset me for the rest of the night. I am not a shy, retiring wallflower, and it galls me that people don't follow the rules. Ugh.

Bottom line is that the people shoving their way in were inconsiderate. How in the wide world do you wade into a large group of people SITTING and stand? A previous poster queried why they didn't stand on the edge, since all of the people were sitting and they would have had an unobstructed view...cuz they're jerks, with a me mentality. We were also at the Oct. 20 MNSSHP, watching the parade in Frontier Land. We were standing on the rope, and towards the end of the parade, CMs removed the rope, but instructed us that no one should fill in the space, as it was a walkway. The minute the CMs walked away, a woman moved herself and her children directly in front of us (specifically, my five year old). I nicely let her know she was in front of us, and that the area was supposed to be clear. She glared at me, and turned around. I said it again, and she refused to acknowledge me in any way. I was livid and had to make a concerted decision not to let it upset me for the rest of the night. I am not a shy, retiring wallflower, and it galls me that people don't follow the rules. Ugh.

Because there are no consequences if you don't follow the rules! "40 years ago" there were. Yea there were rude people then but no where as bad as it is now.

Last edited:

So...40 years ago the "people who have class" would have beaten the people who stood in the way during fireworks? Hmm. Not how I remember things.

The idea that rude people are a new thing is so ridiculous. There have always been rude people. There have always been self-involved people. There haven't always been social media and forums to complain about them.

Lol I never said rude people is a new thing.
I can say people didn't pull half the crap they do now. 40 years ago you would have gotten your heels knocked up for pulling some of the crap that goes on. 40 years ago a teacher would have slapped the gum outta your mouth.

There are 0 consequences for being rude, disrespectful and not following the rules now.

Last edited:
I can say people didn't pull half the crap they do now. 40 years ago you would have gotten your heels knocked up for pulling some of the crap that goes on. 40 years ago a teacher would have slapped the gum outta your mouth.

There are 0 consequences for being rude, disrespectful and not following the rules now.

40 years ago... that was 1975!

Are you trying to tell me that society was more civil, adults were courteous and children respected their elders in 1975?

Because that's not how I remember the Seventies! :rotfl2:

(I know I'm getting old when people start talking about the Seventies like it's the Fifties, and some kind of golden age of civility!)

First I do not walk in front of people at the last minute, BUT when I sit on the ground I cannot sit cross legged or with my knees up, so I have to have my legs extended and even then I can only do it for a short time before my back starts hurting. So the bottom line is if I am standing and you come behind me, I am not going to sit down for you.

The sad part is, you obviously think this is okay to do:(

I think the "bullying" the OP is referring to is when the woman bent down and sort of got in her face... Yeah that would have put me in a bit of a shocked funk.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. We had a crazy woman get in front of us at our first trip during the Halloween parade. We didn't really care so much but she had like 12 kids and they pushed in front, no biggie. But when the mom then pushed my husband to get in front of him I said, "excuse me" and she started making really threatening remarks about us to her husband... Needless to say we were a bit shocked and it sort of puts you in a less than pleasant mood... Not something you want on vacation.

They sat in an open space. You were the rude one in the above situation.
They only mentioned he left some space. Not space enough for others to fit in. Maybe they squeezed in. But I suspect it was really close that invaded personal space and weren't really comfortable. JW

The last time we intentionally went to a parade was about 10 years ago at the Halloween parade. Actually, it probably was longer than that, because my son was still in a stroller, and he is now getting ready to graduate from HS. We took seats and sat near the curb. It was my family and my brother's family. My son was the oldest, my niece 1 year younger, and my nephew 3 years younger. As it got closer to the time for the parade, a bunch of teens decided that it would be good to stand in front of the children and me. I am about the height of an average middle schooler. As a group, we have decided that we have gotten to see the parades once, and it isn't worth the hassle of dealing with the logic deficits of tall people who think it is ok to stand in front of short people, not matter what age.

Thats when i would have told my friend loudly enough for the people in front to hear that i was going to my locker to go get something and i will be right back. That definitely would have made them feel uneasy in this day and age

Thats when i would have told my friend loudly enough for the people in front to hear that i was going to my locker to go get something and i will be right back. That definitely would have made them feel uneasy in this day and age
If I overheard someone saying that, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Problem is you cant say more without getting in trouble with the law but getting something can be construed as anything it leaves a World of possibilities open

I wouldn't think anything about it except, "Oh good, that annoying person is going to his locker. Maybe he won't come back."

Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but "He's smuggled a gun into a Disney park and stashed it in a locker and now he's going to go get it and use it on me," is not a line of thinking that would ever occur to me. Heck, it wouldn't have even occurred to me THIS time, except that other posters seem to believe that's what you're implying.

Easy to say until it happens
So you're implying you'll return to your locker to retrieve a weapon? LOL Since weapons aren't allowed at WDW, I'm not worried about some blowhard saying he's going to "get something from his locker".

I wouldn't think anything about it except, "Oh good, that annoying person is going to his locker. Maybe he won't come back."

Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but "He's smuggled a gun into a Disney park and stashed it in a locker and now he's going to go get it and use it on me," is not a line of thinking that would ever occur to me. Heck, it wouldn't have even occurred to me THIS time, except that other posters seem to believe that's what you're implying.
I'm American and it wouldn't occur to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter