Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just in Florida and I saw way fewer people wearing masks than at home. The vast majority wasn't wearing them & wasn't bothering to social distance either. People were packed together in lines for restaurants like....well, like you'd be jammed in line at Space Mountain in the Before Times. Older people were by far the ones not only not wearing masks, but giving me the stink eye for wearing a mask or crossing the road when they walked towards me without one. It's like they thought I couldn't see them because I had on a mask & sunglasses, lol. They cussed out business owners ("take that ridiculous f***ing thing off your face so I can understand you") who wore them in their own establishments. I really hope people just follow the rules Disney has put in place. I have to believe it'll be better at the parks & Disney Springs because all of the people traveling there know they must wear them. From what I've seen & heard, Disney has been pretty in-your-face with the signage.
Which is partly why I am not as worried about going.
The ones passing it around are the ones not wearing masks, etc, and won’t go to Disney if they have to wear a mask.
If Disney does this right, I will feel 100x safer than I feel doing some things around here...

I read on another site, maybe KTP email, that they'd be closing rides periodically for 2 hours to clean. 🤷‍♀️ I haven't read that any where else tho, so who knows...

Which is partly why I am not as worried about going.
The ones passing it around are the ones not wearing masks, etc, and won’t go to Disney if they have to wear a mask.
If Disney does this right, I will feel 100x safer than I feel doing some things around here...

I read on another site, maybe KTP email, that they'd be closing rides periodically for 2 hours to clean. 🤷‍♀️ I haven't read that any where else tho, so who knows...
MFSR will be closing turntables to clean them about every 2 hours. That's the only one i have confirmation but I would believe it will happen in most if not all attractions

I have some inside info that i can't share. I am checking everyday for any changes and will share that when it comes but for now only ferry, monorail, burs and skyliner
So Skyliner is definitely opening? It’s not listed as a transport option for Pop—just buses.

I am going to see where Disney moves me out of curiosity, but with the new MA travel restrictions, it looks like this is going to be a cancel for me anyway.
When are you going? I’m in MA too and I’m going in November and I can totally see baker having it in place until then lol on a positive note no deaths reported today in MA!

Welcome to the USA. A country of over 300 million people that will never, ever, agree and do the same thing lol
It's so true lol.
Where in FL? FL is big and in some regions, the political demographic will lend itself to different ways of handling the pandemic (treading lightly on the political realm). But I sure hate for someone to think ALL of Florida is responding this way because that's simply not true. In my area, this is not at all the case. Even before it was mandatory, you might see 5-10% of people without a mask and everyone kept their distance. Now I am seeing 99-100% maskwearing and very strict distancing.
This was around Jacksonville. I know north FL is similar to south GA (I live in GA) so maybe in more central parts of the state it's different. I haven't seen anywhere with 99% mask wearing, in even places where it's required.

But how long? What's going to happen to other areas of the travel and tourism industry? The cruise lines are probably facing bankruptcy if they have to wait into 2021. Disney Cruise Line has a huge company behind them. But Carnival and NCL weren't in very good shape before the crisis and now on the brink of having to scrap ships.
Shouldn't be that long really. I look at where I live and if things stay the way they are theme parks will open by the end of July possibly. Last week our percent positive was 1%. IMO once cases are under 5% positive then parks should open. Its on the population now to work together to get this under control.

Welcome to the USA. A country of over 300 million people that will never, ever, agree and do the same thing lol
It's so true lol.
There have already been confrontations at Disney Springs, including a guest (allegedly) spitting on a CM who was trying to enforce the mask rule. Whether that particular instance happened or not, CMs do get spit on by guests more often than you’d think over really small stuff.

There will be people who fight the mask thing no matter what. I am 100% pro mask and I think they are necessary, but I feel so badly for the CMs. Many guests get over defensive and aggressive when CMs try to enforce anything.
I heard about that and that's just beyond terrible. Considering how angry I've seen people get at CM's who catch them doing things like line jumping, where they know they're 100% in the wrong....the people on the Social Distance Squad must have nerves of steel. I couldn't do that job.

For the few that have been there since opening, can you recommend a "comfortable" mask, if that's even possible, for the Florida heat.
After wearing one for 11 days in Florida, two things. 1, wear a mask all day before going to Florida. Don't try it on, don't wear it to the store, wear it all. dang. day. Wear it moving furniture, walking the dog, chasing your kids around outside. You'll really get a feel for how comfortable it is then. What really helped was the mask that had a little "air pocket". I made all of mine, and the ones that have the big curve from nose to chin are soooooooooo much better than the ones that are right on your face (and that's why I don't like gaiters). If it's not touching my mouth or "sucking" against my face when I breathe in, it's much easier to wear in the heat. There was only one time I found the mask unbearably hot, and it was after riding a bike for ~30 minutes and then walking around outside in the direct sun, which leads me to: 2, Get a little fan. I have one that plugs into my phone and it made a surprising difference in how I felt the time it became unbearable. I pulled the mask like an inch off my face and let the fan point into the opening, and it helped a lot. After that experience, I ordered one of these from amazon. I guess I'll add a third point which is to have spares. Once they get damp they don't work as well and they feel worse, haha.

Kinda sucks but expected, the Poly/GF resort launches are really small and social distancing would be hard. I hope they can figure out a way to bring them back safely, it's my favorite way to get to and from MK. At least Poly guests can walk to the TTC to get the ferry as an alternative.
Is that quicker/easier than the monorail? I don't know about that option....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter