DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

The Mods no longer close threads and there's not a good way to count posts by ID anymore, so now it's just a matter of do it uf'n ya' wan'na
Now they're just keeping track of high-quality posts with excellent content.

Huh. I don't see a number anywhere.
Evening guys. Just had a heart cath ablation done today to hopefully help stop the afib and arrhythmia I’ve had since I had Covid 2 years ago. So hopefully I can get back to my old activity level and start working out again in a few weeks. Most importantly, I won’t have to worry as much about having problems when we go to Disney world in about 3 weeks!
So...yay?

Everything well and they found a lot of problem spots to work on but the scan at the end of the procedure looked great!
So...yay?

"Found a lot of problem spots to work on" has me a little concerned here.
While I’m not in pain, when they go in and rotorooter around in your heart, it sure feels irritated after the fact. Lol.
I'm picturing a doctor in low-sagging jeans pulling out a big hunk of food and then saying, "Well, there's your problem."

It sounds like it was a successful procedure and you're doing better. I think?
It was successful and as for how I'm doing, time will tell. I can't really put it to the test yet. :rotfl:
The Mrs. and I agree that we're not really interested in the high end signature restaurants, but just some good mid-level restaurants, around 2-$$, if 2-$$ is considered mid-level. Either way, 2-$$ is what we're looking for because that's what we're looking to spend on eating. I would appreciate some good restaurants to research. I'd consider spending more for the right restaurant. We have talked about character dinning, but haven't nailed that one down yet. So I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks. I'm also going to start frequenting the restaurant board.
I can't think off the top of my head what is in the $$ category... I'd say maybe 50's and Sci-Fi in DHS. I like both, but my wife hates 50's because she was shamed for not eating all her food when she went there on a trip when she was in Junior High and today is our 15th anniversary so it's been longer than that since I've been to that one! :rotfl2:

In MK, I'm not sure what would fall there. I love Liberty Tree Tavern. DW and I went there in January and enjoyed it so much we're going back on our spring break trip. I do think it might be out of your price range since it's family style. It comes with a hefty price tag.

EPCOT... gosh, probably a lot of them would fit. My pick would be Via Napoli. We love it and go there every trip. IMO if your family wants to go there and get a pizza or 2 and share them it is the most affordable table service restaurant in Disney World. That is what we typically do and it is good wood fired pizza.

AK... probably no $$ restaraunts there other than the Rainforest Cafe at the entrance. At least not that I can think of.

Character meals... I haven't done it yet but have heard great things about the character breakfast at Topolino's. We're doing that one in March. I really like the character meal at Garden Grill in the Land pavilion as well with Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale. Good food, served family style.

Unless you just really want to eat in the Contemporary or Castle, I have a hard time recommending
Chef Mickey or Cinderella Royal Table. Chef Mickey is fine when the kids are young and you have the fascination of the monorail and the main characters, but the food is so-so and it's always just loud. CRT is way overpriced and only worth it if you have a princess obsessed little girl.
It sounds like everything worked out for you, so glad to hear that. Hope you stay healthy, my friend.
Thanks!
So...yay?

"Found a lot of problem spots to work on" has me a little concerned here.
Basically they found the spots around the heart that were misfiring. My thought going in was that they'd have a hard time finding anything because I'm not in afib all the time anyway. When they got the cath in she said my heart immediately reacted to that and went into afib on the operating table so they were able to map all the areas of tissue that were causing the problems. They were able to isolate them and the scan afterward showed those problem areas being much smaller and now unable to start arrhythmia in the good tissue. So I gues yay? We'll find out when I'm allowed to put it to the test. Probably when I'm walking 25000 steps per day at Disney World.

Morning Gents.

In the single single digits on the vacation countdown!!!

Evening guys. Just had a heart cath ablation done today to hopefully help stop the afib and arrhythmia I’ve had since I had Covid 2 years ago. So hopefully I can get back to my old activity level and start working out again in a few weeks. Most importantly, I won’t have to worry as much about having problems when we go to Disney world in about 3 weeks!

Everything well and they found a lot of problem spots to work on but the scan at the end of the procedure looked great!

Now I’m laying in bed unable to sleep. I guess it’s a combination of being knocked out for about 5 hours this afternoon and just dealing with discomfort. While I’m not in pain, when they go in and rotorooter around in your heart, it sure feels irritated after the fact. Lol.

Hope you are feeling better today.

It was successful and as for how I'm doing, time will tell. I can't really put it to the test yet. :rotfl:

I can't think off the top of my head what is in the $$ category... I'd say maybe 50's and Sci-Fi in DHS. I like both, but my wife hates 50's because she was shamed for not eating all her food when she went there on a trip when she was in Junior High and today is our 15th anniversary so it's been longer than that since I've been to that one! :rotfl2:

In MK, I'm not sure what would fall there. I love Liberty Tree Tavern. DW and I went there in January and enjoyed it so much we're going back on our spring break trip. I do think it might be out of your price range since it's family style. It comes with a hefty price tag.

EPCOT... gosh, probably a lot of them would fit. My pick would be Via Napoli. We love it and go there every trip. IMO if your family wants to go there and get a pizza or 2 and share them it is the most affordable table service restaurant in Disney World. That is what we typically do and it is good wood fired pizza.

AK... probably no $$ restaraunts there other than the Rainforest Cafe at the entrance. At least not that I can think of.

Character meals... I haven't done it yet but have heard great things about the character breakfast at Topolino's. We're doing that one in March. I really like the character meal at Garden Grill in the Land pavilion as well with Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale. Good food, served family style.

Unless you just really want to eat in the Contemporary or Castle, I have a hard time recommending
Chef Mickey or Cinderella Royal Table. Chef Mickey is fine when the kids are young and you have the fascination of the monorail and the main characters, but the food is so-so and it's always just loud. CRT is way overpriced and only worth it if you have a princess obsessed little girl.

Thanks!

Basically they found the spots around the heart that were misfiring. My thought going in was that they'd have a hard time finding anything because I'm not in afib all the time anyway. When they got the cath in she said my heart immediately reacted to that and went into afib on the operating table so they were able to map all the areas of tissue that were causing the problems. They were able to isolate them and the scan afterward showed those problem areas being much smaller and now unable to start arrhythmia in the good tissue. So I gues yay? We'll find out when I'm allowed to put it to the test. Probably when I'm walking 25000 steps per day at Disney World.
praying

The Mrs. and I agree that we're not really interested in the high end signature restaurants, but just some good mid-level restaurants, around 2-$$, if 2-$$ is considered mid-level. Either way, 2-$$ is what we're looking for because that's what we're looking to spend on eating. I would appreciate some good restaurants to research. I'd consider spending more for the right restaurant. We have talked about character dinning, but haven't nailed that one down yet. So I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks. I'm also going to start frequenting the restaurant board.
Hmmm...
Well...
Here's my thoughts. (Assuming you want Table Service?)
DHS: 50s, Mama Melrose. I'd steer clear of Sci Fi. I ate there years ago and the food wasn't that great. Went again last year and... same.
AK: Yak & Yeti
Epcot: Where do you start? Might suggest Biergarten, though, since I don't think it's been mentioned yet.
MK: Tony's. Had some bad reviews in the past, but now it's pretty good. Or Skippers for a different experience. Avoid BOG at all cost now.
I guess "yay" too, then. Hopefully you'll find out good news in Disney.
:dogdance:
It's 4th Thursday!

Hey, Guys! Had a good ending to the week and am glad the weekend is here. I've not nothing major planned for the weekend except cleaning and organizing. I'm going to try and dig out our treadmill so I can start walking and getting ready for Disney. I need to drop some weight before heading down.

Now they're just keeping track of high-quality posts with excellent content.

So this post is high-quality with excellent content. Nice.

I hope you're doing better, my friend.

(chuckles at myself) I didn't think about how I asked the question until I saw that first sentence. I guess I was being too specific. I guess I'm just really looking for recommendations for restaurants. I'll research them and make a decisions later with the Mrs.

I hope that whatever they did they fixed it.

Morning Gents.

Congrats! I may have missed it, but where are you heading, Disney?

Hmmm...
Well...
Here's my thoughts. (Assuming you want Table Service?)
DHS: 50s, Mama Melrose. I'd steer clear of Sci Fi. I ate there years ago and the food wasn't that great. Went again last year and... same.
AK: Yak & Yeti
Epcot: Where do you start? Might suggest Biergarten, though, since I don't think it's been mentioned yet.
MK: Tony's. Had some bad reviews in the past, but now it's pretty good. Or Skippers for a different experience. Avoid BOG at all cost now.

Yeah I am looking for table service, so appreciate these recommendations.

It's 4th Thursday!

Soooo Friday?

Hey, Fellas. Lazy Sunday here in the land of Cape Cod. I did manage to get some things done, laundry being one of them, though not folded yet. Not much else is going on. I am trying something this weekend. Because I'm sitting here on the computer a lot today, ok, this weekend, I decided to post in the FB page that i was going to get into the Zoom chatroom to see who'd stop by. Since I get up early, that 11pm start time for the chatting is way too late for me. So, I'll post it the FB page when I get on if anyone is free for a minute or two. I've been on for 40 minutes and no one's stopped by, so I'm going to go and help the wife with the groceries. I think she may have come home with some ice cream I can help take off her hands. :teeth:

Hey, Fellas. Lazy Sunday here in the land of Cape Cod. I did manage to get some things done, laundry being one of them, though not folded yet. Not much else is going on. I am trying something this weekend. Because I'm sitting here on the computer a lot today, ok, this weekend, I decided to post in the FB page that i was going to get into the Zoom chatroom to see who'd stop by. Since I get up early, that 11pm start time for the chatting is way too late for me. So, I'll post it the FB page when I get on if anyone is free for a minute or two. I've been on for 40 minutes and no one's stopped by, so I'm going to go and help the wife with the groceries. I think she may have come home with some ice cream I can help take off her hands. :teeth:

Start time would be 9 PM for you.

Morning, Fellas! Woke up this morning to snow, not a lot, but enough to cover everything and make me want to leave early for work. Had a busy day yesterday, typical Monday, and today I'm off to an office that, I've been told, is slower, so we'll see. Have a good day.

TTFN

Start time would be 9 PM for you

9 PM? I read, I think, on Facebook that it started at 11pm. Guess that was wrong. I'll have to try and get in this coming weekend. Thanks for the update.

Shhhh... he's moved to Argentina......

🎼 🎶 "Don't cry for me Argentina!" 🎶

Last edited:
Morning, Fellas! Woke up this morning to snow, not a lot, but enough to cover everything and make me want to leave early for work. Had a busy day yesterday, typical Monday, and today I'm off to an office that, I've been told, is slower, so we'll see. Have a good day.

TTFN

9 PM? I read, I think, on Facebook that it started at 11pm. Guess that was wrong. I'll have to try and get in this coming weekend. Thanks for the update.

🎼 🎶 "Don't cry for me Argentina!" 🎶
The truth is, I neeeeeeeeeever left you. Lol

4abf54ee37d6a48353a9b541216883fd--so-funny-funny-****.jpg

I meant to jump on yesterday for my yearly reminder but was running behind. March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. The recommended age for first screening is now 45 and the rate in the under-50 age group is increasing fastest. I lost a co-worker in December who was first diagnosed at age 48. Get screened it could save your life. It did mine.

I meant to jump on yesterday for my yearly reminder but was running behind. March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. The recommended age for first screening is now 45 and the rate in the under-50 age group is increasing fastest. I lost a co-worker in December who was first diagnosed at age 48. Get screened it could save your life. It did mine.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #481!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter