Disney Cruise Swap : Final details

nicki dahling said:
OK ladies,

There are 23 participants ( so you will make 23 sets per person for Group A, and 23 sets per person for group B ). :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Cyndi princess:

The official count is 23..... :wizard:

Mine came back to me!!! :confused3 My post ofice charged me $3.85 (or whatever) for priority mail, I mailed in a box, but apparently it was a flat rate box (should have been $7.40?) so it came back to me as not enough postage. Should'nt the post office have known that? So mine is going back out to Cindy! Let me know when it arrives!
On another note, I just sent out a CJ for 2 peas group in a flat rate box (the same box it came to me in). The original sender paid $3.85 shipping, but when I mailed it out it was $7.40 (*same box!). The postmaster said she couldn't believe it came to me in the first place with not enough postage! Go figure!

ILUVPOOH1 said:
Mine came back to me!!! :confused3 My post ofice charged me $3.85 (or whatever) for priority mail, I mailed in a box, but apparently it was a flat rate box (should have been $7.40?) so it came back to me as not enough postage. Should'nt the post office have known that? So mine is going back out to Cindy! Let me know when it arrives!
On another note, I just sent out a CJ for 2 peas group in a flat rate box (the same box it came to me in). The original sender paid $3.85 shipping, but when I mailed it out it was $7.40 (*same box!). The postmaster said she couldn't believe it came to me in the first place with not enough postage! Go figure!

Umm... Speaking of postage. I recieved HappyLady's swap stuff today ( which I love by the way ), but there is a small problem. The surprise contains a 12x12 page which you all will love, but its not going to fit in the priority envelopes ( not without bending which would ruin the page ). My husband said the only way he see's sending it is by priority box for $7.40. I tried it and it fits , but will add to postage. I can still send you all her titles and send the 12x12 pages back to her, but I know if you guys saw the page you will want the page so I am not sure what to do. If you want the whole kit you can send me additional postage and I will send it , or I can just send you the titles. Happylady I don't want you to feel bad about this, it was a great extra but I figure it is better to let the ladies make an indivicial choice. And by sending the titles you still get all of your stuff. The black 12x12 page has a large Mickey head,and a laser cut out that says Disney Cruise. It will make a great title page for our albums. Just let me know what you all would like to do. I am still waiting for a few more packages. As soon as I know how many want the boxes I can start changing them out from the envelopes I have and as soon as your postage comes in I can send them off.

As far as the other problems with postage I think I will send Em the $7.40 for my ride swap packages. Especially since I signed up for both groups. I tape my packages all the time and haven't had any problems so far ( we will see what happens with this swap ). The only problem I see with not packaging them seperately is that the bags do act as a buffer between items and there is less chace of things being bent. We are about to get a larger mailbox put up ( in part because of swaps ) but some of my packages have been stuffed in our regular mail box and I don't think they would have survived as well if they were all in one.

Cyndi princess:

Scrapperjill I started sorting yesterday and noticed you had an extra ( I love all the detail by the way ) so its coming back in your package.

Cyndi princess:

ILUVPOOH1...that sucks. I too would have thought the post office would have known that....

Nicki Darling...Have you tryed other shipping options (other than the flat rate box)...like a large envelope....shipped by weight...seprate from the flat rate packages with all the swap stuff? Just an idea.

Cyndi,

I want the surprise so, I'll send you some extra postage. I'll mail it today or tomorrow. It sounds really neat.

Tina :goodvibes

Jill each persons rate would be different depending on where they live ( and I couldn't guarantee what that amount would be in advance ). And it would be a nightmare going to the post office trying to figure postage for 22 people and then putting their change back in the box before sealing it ( and that's even if they sent enough ), and I could not afford to send them out without the money in advance. That's why I am giving everyone a choice as to what they would like to do.

Cyndi

Its enough of a headache getting 24 flat rate envelopes to the post office- trying to cost by each would kill me and the post office (I already am planning on 3 trips for the ride swap to make it easier on myself)

Question on the 12 x 12- Would it kill it to fold it down to 8.5 x 11ish (which should fit in the envelope)? I don't scrap 12 x 12 and would have to cut it down anyway to use it

-em

Em, my hubby usually mails the packages for me, I can imagine telling him I need 22 packages mailed and that each one will have diferent postage. He would probablly strangle me.

As far as cutting it down I am not sure how that will work. The mickey head cut-out is at the top on the side, and the title is already cut out across the bottom. I can cut a few inches off the side so that I can fit in my CM album, but 8 1/2 x 11 may be more difficult. Man I really wanted this to be a surprise.

Cyndi princess:

I'll pay the difference for the 12 x 12. Do you want it in $$ or one pre-paid postage?

BTW, Cyndi...in an earlier post you wrote that the priority box will cost $7.40. I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same thing but just in case, a slight correction, it's $7.70...this is the flat rate priority box.

Cyndi, I will send the extra postage to you. And as missmulan just mentioned the flat rate priority box is $7.70

Cyndi, I will get the extra postage in the mail to you tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work with this swap. Angel :earsboy:

Thanks ladies, and thanks for telling me the correct postage amount. I promise it will be worth the extra cost. I can't wait to add all of the items to my album, but this title page will really make my album stand out. And there is room to add more to the page to make it your own. I can't wait to see the final results. If you can send the extra postage it will make it faster , but if you must send cash I understand. Looks like I will be making several trips to the post office ( have the feeling hubby will need some help this time ). Once again I'm sorry for the confusion.

Cyndi

OK, I went to the Post Office today to send off my very late package and they told me that it would be $3.95 if I used the soft envelope or $5.70 in the box (because the box brought it to over a lb.). The box looked big enough to put a 12 x 12 page in (curved, but not bent). So I'm not sure where the $7.70 is coming in. Is that because their packages started off heavier? Either way, the clerk did say that the person mailing it would have to go into the Post Office to mail it because it would weigh more than 1 lb.

So now I am more confused than when I went in to the Post Office. Help! I have a label, stamps. Just send $7.70?

Jeanne

Jeanne, you aren't the only one confused. I sent my items in a priority box, and could have sworn it only cost under $4.00. Why has the post office changed the shipping charges or shipping procedures? :confused3

Cyndi, I'll send you the additional cash, will go out tomorrow.

Twigs said:
Cyndi, I will send the extra postage to you. And as missmulan just mentioned the flat rate priority box is $7.70

I'm confused now to, but I do know Marc said that the cost would be 7.70 something for the flat rate box. I know there is a box you can send it in that isn't that amount , but once again it goes back to depending on where you live it will be higher or lower. Its as if the post office is conspiring against us.

Cyndi

You can mail your items in a priority box, the postage depends on the weight of the box and how far it is going. As Cyndi mentioned, then she would not know how much each box would cost to mail, as each address would have a different postage. The Flat rate priority box is $7.70 to send and it doesn't matter where it is going or how heavy it is.

Cyndi, you must have posted as I was typing my last response. I hope it made sense to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter