Disney Cruise Swap : Final details

I will send the $3.85 stamp tomorrow. nicki dahling, have you received my package yet? I'm starting to get worried, I did send it in the flat rate box, and it has not come back to me. I hope you get it soon, if you haven't yet.

Kathy

In previous swaps I've entered and those I hosted, we've used a priority box(12.125 x 13.375), but flattened it to fit the 12 x 12 pages. I've always been able to pay $3.85 postage (as long as the weight is okay...0-1.9 pounds - $3.85, 2.0 - 2.9 pounds $3.95). We've never had a problem with the post office. I've shipped over 200+ items on ebay using priority mail and and done this numerous times.

I'm realy sorry that this is causing a problem. Cyndi, if you decide to return my pages to me, I'll definately reimburse you. Either way, I'm sending you a care package in the next couple days....just for the aggravation!! LOL :rolleyes:

To make up for the shortage that everyone will receive, I can make a customer die cut title for anyone interested. Examples can be something like...Magic 2004, Discover 2003, etc. Anyone interested, please PM me.

happylady, you are too generous to offer to make up for the stamp shortage but you shouldn't. honestly, you had good intentions all along so an extra $3.85 is nothing...I'll make it up somewhere else (i.e. ebay sale or something).

i for one THANK YOU for your kindness!

Twigs said:
You can mail your items in a priority box, the postage depends on the weight of the box and how far it is going. As Cyndi mentioned, then she would not know how much each box would cost to mail, as each address would have a different postage. The Flat rate priority box is $7.70 to send and it doesn't matter where it is going or how heavy it is.

Thanks Twigs, I think you explained it very well. Ladies if there was a way I could get around the extra cost I would. I just don't see any other way to do this .

Happylady I agree with MissMulan just the fact that you put so much into sending this little extra is greatly appreciated. And as I said before it wil be so worth it and I can't wait to see how everyone uses it and all of the other great stuff.

Cyndi princess:

OK, heading back to the Post Office today with a two gallon ziplock bag and additional postage. It will be more than worth it to see that special 12 x 12 page and all the rest of the swap goodies :cool1: Thanks for 'splainin - the Post Office gets rather confusing with all of their different rates! I can't imagine what it would be like for Cyndi and her dh and 23 Priority Boxes.

Thanks Cyndi!

Jeanne

Hello from sunny Cancun :wave2: .......see my problem!

Cyndi, I will send the additional postage when I get home 6/20...in fact, you can hold my package if you like until I get back....whatever will work for you.

BTW, you did GET my package, right :rolleyes1 ?

My porthole shakers and eyelets went out Priority today with the additional postage & a larger Ziplock bag included. :cool1: Sorry it's so late.

Jeanne

OK Cyndi, now I am really going to mess things up. What would I send you? Would another $5 US cover to send to me? Does the flat rate cover Canada? If it does I will mail it ASAP (you can hold mine until the envelope gets to you), if it doesn't could you tell me what it would cost so I can decide if I want to? I would just check at the Post office myself but they cannot give me US rates.
Thanks.

Guess I missed something along the way and I don't feel like reading all the posts over. Do I need to send Cyndi more postage??? If I do, I'll send it out tomorrow or Friday. Just let me know.

WDWMom said:
Guess I missed something along the way and I don't feel like reading all the posts over. Do I need to send Cyndi more postage??? If I do, I'll send it out tomorrow or Friday. Just let me know.
Well, it looks like I threw an wrench in the works!! :rolleyes1

I sent a 12 x 12 overlay as one of my items and according to Cyndi's post office, it will cost more to ship due to the change from a priority envelope to a priority box. She asked everyone to make the descision to send additional postage or not. I have never had a problem using one of the priority boxes, flattened, to send layouts or paper, but I guess it won't work this time. I feel so bad...sorry. :guilty:

happylady said:
Well, it looks like I threw an wrench in the works!! :rolleyes1

I sent a 12 x 12 overlay as one of my items and according to Cyndi's post office, it will cost more to ship due to the change from a priority envelope to a priority box. She asked everyone to make the descision to send additional postage or not. I have never had a problem using one of the priority boxes, flattened, to send layouts or paper, but I guess it won't work this time. I feel so bad...sorry. :guilty:

I think the problem here is not that it won't work...but we are not using Priority boxes...but Flat Rate priority boxes....I think if we were to use the regular priority boxes...it would go by weight like you mentioned before...but also on how far he package has to travel.

They go by zip code when your trying to figure the shipping distance and cost...so everyone would need to submit their zip code...and the weight of the package (which if everyone signed up for two slots in the swap..they should all weight the same f)....but then like it was mentioned earler everyones package would cost a diffrent amount and would be more difficult to mail.

Have you checked USPS online...to figure out the prority box (flattned) to everyones zip code? That way you wouldn't even have to leave the house to find the postage....that is if you know the weight of the boxes and the stuff....but I guess that wouldn't really work with all the stuff inside...or I guess you could still ship the swap things in the prepaid flat rate envelope...and the special overlay in the flattned box.

I don't think flattening the box will work in this case because of the amount of swap items. It will still be based on weight and location. And sending all of the packages out with different postage for each is just not an option. As stated earlier it is a pain with 24 envelopes with the same postage at a post office. 22 boxes with indivicial postage would be a nightmare. That's why I am giving everyone a choice. And if you send it seperately you still end up paying close to the same amount ( plus more packages ). I am not trying to be a irresponsible hostess , but I don't drive and my husband has really been sweet about helping me out with swaps, and I really don't see another option. I promise if I knew one I would try it.

Cyndi

Wasn't trying to cause problems...just bringing up options/ideas. :guilty: I'll get my $3 something out as soon as I can.

Boy am I glad I'm running so late! Cyndi, since mine came back to me, I'll send it back out tomorrow with extra postage, I really want the 12x12 page. Thanks to Happy for sending it to us! I can't wait to see everything! So I should send $7.70 for postage, Will you go get the box? Or should I send one?
Thanks
Sara
P.S. Cyndi, as usual you do a fantastic job as hostess! I love your swaps!!

Scrapcreator and American Scrapper I have your package. Diana Lynn, MissMulan, and Angel I got your additional postage. Angel what font did you use on your card ? It is soo cute.

Only one more package and Monday I should be able to start getting the packages together to go out next saturday . I will be off the computer this weekend. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. Have a great weekend ladies.

Cyndi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter