Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in on the 22nd for a much needed fun break. Not in the tower this time but hopefully won't be too impacted by the G League.

Is it possible to eat at Rix Sports Bar without a reservation? Can you order to go or get on waitlist? I’m not seeing either of those options in the app. Thanks!

Is it possible to eat at Rix Sports Bar without a reservation? Can you order to go or get on waitlist? I’m not seeing either of those options in the app. Thanks!

When we were there in October, you could order to go. But be warned, at dinner time it is a long waitlist. We waited about 40 minutes just to get on the waitlist for to-go orders, and gave up on waiting.

Hi! We're heading down tomorrow for what looks like a rainy week :( If we can catch some sunshine, does anyone know if they are doing any of the activities at the pool (i.e. trivia or bingo)? Thanks!

Can I get everyone's thoughts on buses. ME and to the parks. We have always used Disney transportation, but I am considering renting a car for our 2/12-17 trip. Partially due to covid concerns being on a bus with other people and I will have my 75 yo mom and brother with Down Syndrome with me. Are DT buses quicker to the parks than driving/parking and then getting to the gate? How crowded have the busses been? I'm thinking the car would be good to give us more dining options.

TIA
Sorry I'm a bit late on this. But we LOVED having our car at Coronado Springs when we went Dec 2019. Parking is free at the parks (you have to pay at the resort but it was worth it). No waiting for a bus, just walk to the car and go. We usually got a pretty decent parking spot at all the parks and either walked right up to the gate or hopped on a tram that we never had to wait long for. It was also really nice when leaving the parks to not have to stand and wait for a bus when you're tired.

We're planning our next trip this Dec 2021 and purposely choosing to drive the 13 hours rather than fly so we can have our car again. So worth it!

Is there any place in the hotel to buy bottled water and snacks for the room? Has anyone used Instacart? If so what grocery store did you use?

I tried to buy a pack of bottled water in Panchos a few weeks ago and I was told the multi packs of water are only sold at resorts with DVC...they only had single bottles ....

I tried to buy a pack of bottled water in Panchos a few weeks ago and I was told the multi packs of water are only sold at resorts with DVC...they only had single bottles ....
We just returned on Wednesday. We rented a car this time but discussed next time we might try without. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus and used Uber a few times. With the high prices of car rentals right now, we could have saved money by just using Uber.
From CSR you can Uber or take the bus from Disney Springs or a park to the Boardwalk Bus stop. It is short walk to the Speedway gas station. They sell all sorts of snacks, soda and water. They also sell single cans of beer for 1.50, that sell for 6.00 to 8.00 at the resort.

Thursday is coming quick, by chance can someone who is there tell me if the bus situation is any better?(long waits still?) ..For those who were suppose to be in Casitas and have already checked in, where have they placed you? And last, but not least, are there Keurigs in all rooms? Thanks a bunch, hope everyone has a blessed day!!

Thursday is coming quick, by chance can someone who is there tell me if the bus situation is any better?(long waits still?) ..For those who were suppose to be in Casitas and have already checked in, where have they placed you? And last, but not least, are there Keurig's in all rooms? Thanks a bunch, hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Keurig's and frigs in the rooms in the Cabanas. We stayed in building 8A in the Cabanas. Short walk to bus stop 4 and main pool. Also close to both leisure pools. We liked the leisure pool in Ranchos the best. I heard they also had some basketball players in the Ranchos area, but also saw people staying there.

Thursday is coming quick, by chance can someone who is there tell me if the bus situation is any better?(long waits still?) ..For those who were suppose to be in Casitas and have already checked in, where have they placed you? And last, but not least, are there Keurigs in all rooms? Thanks a bunch, hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Everyplace we've stayed at CSR (Casitas, Ranchos, Tower), there have been Keurigs.
Have a great trip!!

Sorry I'm a bit late on this. But we LOVED having our car at Coronado Springs when we went Dec 2019. Parking is free at the parks (you have to pay at the resort but it was worth it). No waiting for a bus, just walk to the car and go. We usually got a pretty decent parking spot at all the parks and either walked right up to the gate or hopped on a tram that we never had to wait long for. It was also really nice when leaving the parks to not have to stand and wait for a bus when you're tired.

We're planning our next trip this Dec 2021 and purposely choosing to drive the 13 hours rather than fly so we can have our car again. So worth it!
Just FYI there are no parking lot trams now and Disney has not announced if they are coming back. Those are some looooooong walks if you are unlucky in parking now- even with parks at 35% capacity.

I am between Coronado and Contemporary for a next trip. How is the bus system at CSR? I want to stay in the Destino tower but I don’t like how the only transportation is bus.

In case anyone is wondering Disney is not spacing out guests within the hotel. I have a connecting room and there are absolutely people in the other room. I shoved a towel under the door out of an abundance of caution.

Went to Dahlia Lounge last night and half the screen covering Toledo was open. Was going to snap a pic on my way out but someone put the screen back. There appeared to be a bunch of little social distances table signs lined up in the middle (sorry for bad quality but they were definitely there). This could mean something or it could mean absolutely nothing (Cafe Rix at CSR and Casey’s in MK have been prepped for months but not opened). There was no other preparation that I saw in Toledo’s.
Question, did Disney say they were spacing out hotel rooms too? I had not heard that. Wouldn't the separation/distance between rooms be acceptable unless you spend time at the connecting door and the other room did too? Also, does a towel stop the virus too?
Just wondering if you have information that I do not, good possibility. Thanks; stay safe. 😊

Hey if anyone there or going soon, see if you can snap a picture of the new Cast Member food service aprons!
Every resort is getting resort specific aprons (Boardwalk - Dumbo, Contemporary - monorail) and I'm curious if CSR will have one!

We drive from Ohio twice a year and love having our car too. I can bring food, cases of water, whatever I want to pack and not be at the mercy of buses. We do use them when we don’t care about time. But last fall when trying to get to HS to get ROTR boarding- no way were we going to get there with 20 people per bus and the amount of people trying to all go at opening. We drove and had no problems.

We got back last Monday from Ranchos 7B. We had a lot of problems with our Magic Bands, park tickets, and front desk calling us by the wrong name every time we called but our name was correct on the TV. I was a little worried I was going to have the wrong charges on my bill, but it was fine in the end.

In the morning, we arrived at the bus stop 45-60 minutes before park opening. We went to the Cabanas bus stop because it was closer and we always got a seat and then we went to the Tower and there was always room for them. I don't know what that looked like later in the day. Coming back on the other hand we waited for a return bus at MINIMUM 30 minutes at the three parks we went to. The buses don't take a lot of people on them, so be prepared to wait on the return.

We were there 2/4-2/8 and the weather and crowds were great. The quiet pool by the Ranchos was really cold. The lifeguard said the heater was broke - we opted for the Main Pool later in our stay.

We ate at Three Bridges and the pool quick service. Both were fine. My kids went up to the Food Court looking for some something grab and go-ish for later in the night and they said there was not much selection. This was about 6pm. They came back empty handed and settled for in-room Pringles and Gardettos.

As far as spacing between the rooms goes, that's a No. We had people on both sides of us, because we could hear them. The people on the other side of the connecting door we could hear quite clearly. Maybe they were just loud. I still think it's the floors that just makes everything louder.

Overall, the stay was fine. I prefer Riverside, but obviously, it isn't open. But Coronado was perfect for a quick getaway from the Wisconsin winter!

I just got back spent 5 nights there from February 2 to the 9th and I can tell you I wasn't too thrilled about the food options there. Unless you have a reservation at Rix sports bar and grill,there was no way of getting in. You can order takeout but they don't start taking orders till 8pm. I actually liked siestas pool bar food but the app said they didn't close till 7 and on the night we were looking for dinner they had closed at 6 and we missed the opportunity to order food. We took a walk over to El Mercado and the food options were very limited and most of the food is precooked and put under heat lamps. When we went the person working there stated that food had only been sitting for about twenty minutes, nope!!!
The food at 3 bridges is very good but not something that you wanna eat constantly so I ended up going to the gift shop and got a jar of salsa and some chips and that was dinner lol. I'm sure at some point they will open up everything there and it'll be wonderful again but my experience stunk. We ended up midway through switching to the Riviera because we were doing a split stay and the food options there were a little bit better plus we had the skyliner to go over to other resorts to eat if we didn't wanna eat at our own which was convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter