Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I'll be arriving early morning and headed to the parks as I doubt my room will be ready. I plan on dropping off my backpack at Bell Services since I don't need to carry all that extra stuff around the parks and go bagless. My suitcase will be coming by DME tags later to the resort--will Bell Services grab my backpack and deliver it to the room with my ME bag?

I'll be arriving early morning and headed to the parks as I doubt my room will be ready. I plan on dropping off my backpack at Bell Services since I don't need to carry all that extra stuff around the parks and go bagless. My suitcase will be coming by DME tags later to the resort--will Bell Services grab my backpack and deliver it to the room with my ME bag?
Not typically, no. You have to request, and be in your room, for Bell Services bags. They don't make that check for ME bags so they'll not normally grab the and bring them too. I'd never say never as sometimes, they do their own things so it CAN happen. But it's not normal.

Sorry if I missed this on the first page. Can someone refresh my memory, how soon before our trip should we expect the yellow tags to arrive?

I do this every trip. They have always delivered my backpack to the room along with the tagged cases.

Sept 2019 trip. Booked 2 to 12 French Quarter on Aug 5. Got tags Aug 10.

Then on Aug 27 the Sept 2 flight was canceled so re-booked flight to Aug 29 and POP for 2 nights. Of course no tags. And didn't book DME.

Arrived at MCO about 6PM and went straight to DME. The CM checked our POP reservation and took our claim checks and off we went to the resort. Didn't go to Front Desk (got room ready text the moment we landed), popped into the room, dropped our backpacks and headed to Epcot for dinner and Illiminations. Got back to the room around 10PM and our bags where there.

Everything was so easy even with the last minute change.

I do this every trip. They have always delivered my backpack to the room along with the tagged cases.
Guess it varies then because they never deliver any of the bags we leave with bell services with the ME bags. We have always had to call. This is for GF, POFQ and BWI. Haven’t stayed anywhere else in a long time

That's too bad. POFQ in Sept 2016, 2017, both Feb and Sept 2018, CBR in August 2015 and POP in Jan 2019. I thought it was standard.

Hi there! I've read through about 12 pages of this thread and still don't seem to know what to do. Been to Disney many times, never used ME. Last year stayed at Contemporary, booked about 4 weeks out from my arrival date, received Magic Bands and luggage tags together.

This trip, 16 of us are going on 2 November and staying at the Grand Floridian. Those of us that ordered customized magic bands have received them. No luggage tags. We aren't 100% sure that we are even using ME, but we are now finalizing our flight plans and some of us may be using it on our arrival.

So, what do I do? Do I call someone? Will luggage tags automatically come or does something trigger that?

Thanks!

Hi there! I've read through about 12 pages of this thread and still don't seem to know what to do. Been to Disney many times, never used ME. Last year stayed at Contemporary, booked about 4 weeks out from my arrival date, received Magic Bands and luggage tags together.

This trip, 16 of us are going on 2 November and staying at the Grand Floridian. Those of us that ordered customized magic bands have received them. No luggage tags. We aren't 100% sure that we are even using ME, but we are now finalizing our flight plans and some of us may be using it on our arrival.

So, what do I do? Do I call someone? Will luggage tags automatically come or does something trigger that?

Thanks!

DME is not automatic. You have to make a reservation. That reservation is separate from your resort reservation. You need a reservation for each person who will be using DME.

Not everyone has to use the service.
Everyone does not have to arrive at the same time (or on the same day)
Yellow tags (1 per person) will be sent roughly 30 days prior to the trip.
Yellow tags will all be sent to the same address.
If you need more than 1 tag per person, just ask. DME wil gladly send you more.

The simplest way for you to do all this in your situation is to call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Tell them what you want to do and they'll set it all up for you. Have all the resort confirmation numbers (and who is on each of those reservations) ready to give to the DME agent.

DME is not Disney - they are a contractor to Disney. If you call Disney reservations, they will almost assuredly not be of much help.

Steve

PS. The luggage tags you get with a package from Disney ARE NOT the same as the yellow DME tags.

DME is not automatic. You have to make a reservation. That reservation is separate from your resort reservation. You need a reservation for each person who will be using DME.

Not everyone has to use the service.
Everyone does not have to arrive at the same time (or on the same day)
Yellow tags (1 per person) will be sent roughly 30 days prior to the trip.
Yellow tags will all be sent to the same address.
If you need more than 1 tag per person, just ask. DME wil gladly send you more.

The simplest way for you to do all this in your situation is to call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Tell them what you want to do and they'll set it all up for you. Have all the resort confirmation numbers (and who is on each of those reservations) ready to give to the DME agent.

DME is not Disney - they are a contractor to Disney. If you call Disney reservations, they will almost assuredly not be of much help.

Steve

PS. The luggage tags you get with a package from Disney ARE NOT the same as the yellow DME tags.

Great, thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I'm sure it's somewhere earlier in the thread but I could not find a concise post on it.

Thanks!
I think you have a misunderstanding on the bold.
The tags you need to have your bags taken by ME are not the tags that come with your MB.
Two, totally, VERY different tags.
Luggage tags that come with MB are only sent to those who order a package, not room only, though the new customized MB seem to vary this somewhat. Customized/specialty bands may or may not get luggage tags, no matter how you booked. These tags hard plastic, with some combination of the Fab 6 on them and have space for you to put your info on the back. They are NAME tags for you to put on your bags, if you want to use them. To identify who they belong to.
ME tags are yellow, look extremely similar to airline claim tags. They are used by ME to pull the bags from the aircraft and then sort and deliver to your room. They are sent to anyone who sets up ME service with Disney, no matter how you book, and arrive prior to 10:00 PM. The few times we've told them we are arriving late, the ME info will not include the bag tags. They will have your resort name, a code used for resort region, name of main person in charge of reservation and the name of the guest. Also has a bar code. You place these on your bag if you want Disney to deliver the bag. You don't use it if you want to get the bags yourself. They are mailed along with the ME documentation, not with MB.

Please clarify "make a reservation with DME" for me. When I booked my package, I put in our inbound and outbound flight into in the Ground Transportation section of the package reservation. Is that all I need to do?

Please clarify "make a reservation with DME" for me. When I booked my package, I put in our inbound and outbound flight into in the Ground Transportation section of the package reservation. Is that all I need to do?
It means giving ME your flight info
Yep, that gave ME your info.
If you go in to complete online check in (you don't have to finalize it if you don't want, just open the page) you should see "Arrival via Disney's Magical Express" instead of the option o enter an arrival time. If you don't see this then your flight info didn't "stick"
You can do it here
Walt Disney World Resort

and arrive prior to 10:00 PM. The few times we've told them we are arriving late, the ME info will not include the bag tags.

So just looking to clarify although I can call DME too. For the first time we have family that arrives after 10PM. 10:13 PM to be exact. They had been hoping they could use the yellow tags that were included with the DME info and that the luggage would just be delivered the next morning. However it sounds like Disney shouldn't have even bothered sending the tags because they don't do that and my family will have to pick up the bags at baggage claim?

That raises the question - if their plane did happen to arrive early at the gate - before the 10PM cutoff - then the luggage would be handled by Disney? So maybe they should put the tags on the bags and see how the flight goes?

So just looking to clarify although I can call DME too. For the first time we have family that arrives after 10PM. 10:13 PM to be exact. They had been hoping they could use the yellow tags that were included with the DME info and that the luggage would just be delivered the next morning. However it sounds like Disney shouldn't have even bothered sending the tags because they don't do that and my family will have to pick up the bags at baggage claim?

That raises the question - if their plane did happen to arrive early at the gate - before the 10PM cutoff - then the luggage would be handled by Disney? So maybe they should put the tags on the bags and see how the flight goes?

Never mind. Decided to read back.

This really is a downgrade in the service from years ago but oh well, what else is new.

Of course no tags. And didn't book DME.

Arrived at MCO about 6PM and went straight to DME. The CM checked our POP reservation and took our claim checks and off we went to the resort.
Great that you have had such extraordinary service from Magical Express, but maybe not such a good idea to advocate/share it? Transporting walkups violates Disney's contract with MCO :)
This really is a downgrade in the service from years ago but oh well, what else is new.
Originally, and I don't recall for now many (or few) years, all DME service and perks operated 24/7.

Great that you have had such extraordinary service from Magical Express, but maybe not such a good idea to advocate/share it? Transporting walkups violates Disney's contract with MCO :)
Interesting. So a Guest with an onsite reservation but no paperwork is (technically) not allowed to use DME?

I wonder how many CM's at the DME desk know that contract as well as you do? The one I spoke too was very happy to look up my reservation and accommodate us. I even dropped a line to Disney saying how pleased we were. I hope she didn't get in trouble for violating the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!