Do You Drink?

Do You Drink?

• No: I'm a teetotaler for religious/cultural/health/whatever reasons.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • No: drinking just doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Yes: but only at Mass/church.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes: but only socially.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Yes: I enjoy adult beverages with meals, when I'm bored, etc.

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Yes: I'm a big, staggering drunk.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
I'm reminded of an old quote (I've seen it attributed to W.C. Fields): "I don't drink anymore. On the other hand, I don't drink any less, either." :drinking1

In my opinion, beer is a perfect complement to any cuisine.

I'm reminded of an old quote (I've seen it attributed to W.C. Fields): "I don't drink anymore. On the other hand, I don't drink any less, either." :drinking1

In my opinion, beer is a perfect complement to any cuisine.
Another from W. C.:
  • I was in love with a beautiful blonde once, dear. She drove me to drink. That's the one thing I'm so indebted to her for.

I had a great night many years ago with Appletinis. They were delicious going down. Unfortunately, the next day I was pretty much paralyzed in my bed. I had three fairly young kids at the time who had to fend for themselves and me until their father came home that evening from a week long golf trip. I have never touched vodka or any hard liquor again. My head still hurts thinking about it.

I do drink white wine.
Well,Appletinis...kiddie drinks.

Nope, it's been over 2 years now. I didn't know when it was time to stop. My life was spiraling out of control. I used alcohol as an emotional crutch to deal with stress...bad idea, I don't recommend it

Once in a while, but never more than one or two at a time anymore. Enjoying a Henry's Hard Orange right now.

Love wine with dinner and frosty cocktails in a deck chair on a cruise ship. But most of our friends don't drink and we only cruise once a year, so I guess you might call me a drinker who doesn't really drink rather than a non-drinker.

If you'd asked me a year ago I would have answered : it doesn't appeal to me.

Now it is almost a hobby. I enjoy trying new beers. I even use an app (untappd) to check into & track the ones I have tried.

Combined with my meds, if I drank, I'd have a hypertensive crisis, so no. However, I can handle a sip of wine at communion.

Yup - I drink.

I like wine and mixed drinks. I can't stand Beer. Had a great conversation with my son over Christmas about drinking - he said he was glad we'd raised him to be a responsible drinker - he's said he's seen too many over the top drunk shouldn't be driving people and doesn't want to ever be one of those. I was so happy to hear that!

I drink about 2 drinks a day, usually red wine, but I like beer and mixed drinks too. With dinner.

I'm somewhere between "No: drinking just doesn't appeal to me." and "Yes: but only socially.".

I drink 1 or 2 drinks maybe twice a year. Wine gives me a terrible headache within an hour of drinking it, beer makes me throw up, and I don't drink very quickly so I end up nursing one drink for half the night. I can have a good time without alcohol being involved.
I really dislike not feeling in control, so I used to get to the point of being slightly giggly and then panicking.

Like a PP said, I don't like that it's deemed 'weird' or a bad thing to not drink. There's a definite pub culture locally, which makes it difficult to arrange a get together which doesn't revolve around people getting drunk. I don't disapprove, and I can still enjoy myself, but I'm considered the boring one and there's a lot of jokes when I do decide to have a drink.

Yes I do drink. It's more than socially but I don't drink when I'm bored. I drink when I feel like it.

I do the occasional beer or margarita, but rarely more than one. If I get in two in a month, I'm out of control. ;-p

I used to be a wild partier pretty much every Friday night. That's in my distant past now. Recovery time is too painful and takes too long.

What stopped me cold in my tracks as far as drinking (aside from a grandmother who was an alcoholic) was seeing video of myself when I was drunk on a ski trip in college. I NEVER want to let myself be seen like that again. I thought I was hilarious at the time. Life of the party.

Not by a long shot. My family members drink pretty heavily. They'll tell you it's only "social drinking", but when the social gatherings are 4 times a week, it's a bit much. And no they are not fun or charming to be around. They are loud, obnoxious, even dangerous.

Yup I love a nice wine or vodka/tonic (or two!) Went on a bit of a health kick recently and gave up all alcohol for a month. Didn't miss it that much except on Friday nights. Missed powering down after the week with a glass. But other than that it was fine. Don't know that I would ever give it up for good unless medically indicated. I live in the heart of wine country!

There needs to be another choice

Are you a Disney drunk?
I drink socially but when I get to Disney all bets are off. They make some very yummy cocktails throughout Disney.

I don't fit exactly into any category. I can't say only socially, because sometimes I have a drink at home, but not often enough to say I drink when I'm bored, either. I am also more likely to have a drink with a meal when we're on vacation. I'm definitely a moderation person, though. I'll have a drink, rather then get drunk.

I don't drink at home or I should say I don't drink just to drink at home if that makes sense. If I have people over for a dinner party or something, I will pour myself a drink but I never finish it. It's the responsible person in me that holds me back. When I am out - sometimes all bets are off. I will have a few on bowling night or a few if we go out. I try to limit my drunkeness and hangovers to 1x a year - otherwise they just steal a whole day I am off work and I don't want to waste a day off feeling like utter crap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter