Dragon float caught on fire !!!!

Who wore it better?

Dc8MZTLVMAARA7x.jpg

I was just thinking about this on our last trip a few weeks ago...we went to Universal for the first time, so I saw the fire-breathing dragon statue on top of Gringotts on our fist day - very cool effect. I went back the next morning and waited to see it again...and waited and waited like a goof. Finally, a kindly old wizard came over and told me it was too windy for fire breathing today! Anyway, it got me thinking about FOF dragon and the fire effects with a moving float with trees and buildings around and such. I like the aesthetic of the FOF dragon, but hadn't really thought much about the fire or the mechanics of it all. It sounds like they have an efficient safety response...

Some people made this seem like a bigger issue than it was. Reports of guests running away and being trampled and carried off onto stretchers... come on...

So I don't know if you are referring to other reports, but what you referenced includes things I noted and I assure you my report WAS accurate. People were literally screaming and running, it was quite a bit of madness for a bit. I witnessed someone being taken out on a stretcher. Maybe it seems like an exaggeration from an internet armchair quarter back, but I assure you being there this is what happened. And heck yes I think some people overreacted, but they still did It, I was just reporting what I saw.

Anyone know what the fuel source is for the fire? Is it a gas or liquid? Doesn't Disney use a lot of propane / natural gas?

...The perimeter they set up was crazy well done and surprisingly was set up by custodial. Like those sweeping folks everywhere just seemed to appear from everywhere and set up a blockade with criss crossed brooms and stuff and then expanded to perimeter slowly.

That's impressive!

And, THANK YOU for the first hand report!!

If you notice my avatar this makes me incredibly sad. Glad to hear Disney had a great response and there were probably no injuries. It sure was a great float.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter