• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dunkirk

The movie won two Oscars and was nominated for best picture and best director. I understand not liking a movie but to claim it's the worst movie in the past decade is patently absurd.

Honestly, there are LOTS of lousy movies that get Oscars. Shakespear In Love actually won for best picture.

DD really enjoyed Dunkirk, me not so much. WAY better than There Will Be Blood, but nowhere near as good as Saving Private Ryan or any number of other recent war films IMO.

However, the music was too over the top for me in places, the high pitched violins etc.

I REALLY disliked that steady high-pitched drone - and it seemed to by trying to force tension at times when there wasn't much.

It was bad imo. Just our opinions some people love the movie. There is no right or wrong answer when it's your opinion.

Exactly. I have a some generally uncommon opinions because I have 0, as in no interest, in sentimental movies in the aggregate - which is why Saving Private Ryan is a bunch of "meh" for me. The Thin Red Line however...

Exactly. I have a some generally uncommon opinions because I have 0, as in no interest, in sentimental movies in the aggregate - which is why Saving Private Ryan is a bunch of "meh" for me. The Thin Red Line however...

Love SPR, HATED TTRL

Did you feel depressed after seeing it, like Schindler's List? Or more inspired? We are planning on seeing it on our anniversary, just not sure if it's going to bring me down the rest of the day, I do want to see it though

Did you feel depressed after seeing it, like Schindler's List? Or more inspired? We are planning on seeing it on our anniversary, just not sure if it's going to bring me down the rest of the day, I do want to see it though

I was not depressed like Schindler's List at all. That movie and "Kids" are just too much for a second viewing.

I was not depressed like Schindler's List at all. That movie and "Kids" are just too much for a second viewing.

Ok, thank you. Agreed, Schindler's List is such a moving film, but I still can picture certain scenes in my head and it makes me ill to think of the suffering the people went through

We saw it at an IMAX dome and it was too big and too far above our heads so we had to tip our heads way back. Because it was so big the motion was super emphasized and I got motion sick very quick. I closed my eyes fir 90% of the movie what I saw was very good and just through the sound it seemed like an excellent film. We may try it at another theater.

I'm trying to consider what I would consider GOAT, but Platoon was a hell of a fine movie and better than all 3 WW2 movies we were considering.

See, i wouldn't even rank it in my top 3 Vietnam War movies, much less Top war movie. I did think it was very good, just not on the same level as say Apocalypse Now.

See, i wouldn't even rank it in my top 3 Vietnam War movies, much less Top war movie. I did think it was very good, just not on the same level as say Apocalypse Now.

That's "Heart of Darkness" - I wouldn't have called it a war movie, even though technically, of course, it is. I'd have put it in a psycho thriller, but...hhhmmm, I'd have to think about that. I love the movie, and the book. Its like, would you call "The Deer Hunter" a war movie? Schlinder's List? I may need to be more expansive in my thoughts now. I'm having a fine time pondering it though! And now I'll have to figure out if a local place has potato skins take out and settle into some Netflix:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter