• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes

Well I thought I was going to be a help to you, I thought that the other night I saw the choices, alas, I have not :o( If I do come across the choices I'll post it.

Have a magical day,
Anna

SteinsLaFemme said:
Where on allearsnet does it have Mama Melrose's choice of entrees for the Fantasmic Dinner package? All I could find is that is says you have a choice of entrees. It does not say what the entrees are. It also has the full menu from Mama Melrose but you cannot order from the full menu of entrees for the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Does anyone know which Mama Melrose entrees are offered for the Fantasmic Dinner package?

CarolAnnC said:
Hollywood and Vine package includes dinner at Hollywood and Vine Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). Cost for dinner is $22.99 per adult and $10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of the full buffet, including dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $24.37 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11)

how would that work on the DDP ?
where beverages and taxes are incl? Please advise

SteinsLaFemme said:
Where on allearsnet does it have Mama Melrose's choice of entrees for the Fantasmic Dinner package? All I could find is that is says you have a choice of entrees. It does not say what the entrees are. It also has the full menu from Mama Melrose but you cannot order from the full menu of entrees for the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Does anyone know which Mama Melrose entrees are offered for the Fantasmic Dinner package?

I haven't seen the menu anywhere online but from my memory of when we ate there this past Nov/Dec I got the steak and DH got the Chicken Parm. We all shared the salad and a flatbread and we had a choice of a few desserts.

I didn't feel restriced at all with the 'special' Fantasmic package menu. I do wish I asked the waitress for a copy of this elusive menu though! ;)

momandseandodisney said:
how would that work on the DDP ?
where beverages and taxes are incl? Please advise

Actually, I've eaten there several times and the drinks (not specialty drinks though) were included in the buffet price. The only thing we paid for were specialty drinks and the tip. I ate there NOT on the dining plan.

On the dining plan, the buffet, soft drinks (not specialty drinks) and tip will be included.

We ate at Mama Melrose last august with the Fantasmic package. The food there is excellent and plentiful.
I booked there again for this August and am looking forward to it! :Pinkbounc

From allearsnet.com re Fantasmic:

Mama Melrose $28.99 adult/$10.99 child (3-9) not including admission, tax, and gratuity. Your choice of one wood-fired flatbread to share from Mama's rustic on-stage kitchen, as well as family style salad, and choice of entree. Dessert: Mama's signature Fantasmic! Tiramisu. Adult beverages NOT included. Child's meal includes beverage.

From what I've read here, you can choose any entree from the regular menu:

Grilled Chicken Flatbread with sun-dried tomato pesto, pancetta, asiago cheese and fresh chives $12.99

Grilled Pepperoni Flatbread - with bell peppers and sweet onions $11.99

Four Cheese Flatbread with Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Gorgonzola Cheese $11.99

Vine-Ripened Tomato Flatbread with sweet basil pesto and caprino cheese $11.99

Oak Grilled Salmon basted with sun-dried tomato pesto over roasted vegetables $18.49

Wood-grilled Chicken tossed with Pipette pasta with artichokes, peas, roasted red peppers in a basil and four cheese cream sauce $17.19; substitute shrimp for $2.50

Eggplant Napoleon layers eggplant, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes over a warm cannellini bean ragu $15.59

Spicy Italian Sausage with rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with caprino cheese $15.49

Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti $16.49

Penne Alla Vodka with pancetta and sweet onion, finished with tomato basil sauce, cream, vodka and pecorino romano $16.99

Spaghetti Fra Diavolo with clams, calamari, mussels and shrimp, tossed in a spicy Marinara sauce $18.49

Charred Butcher Tender Steak over roasted red pepper polenta, grilled asparagus, with gorgonzola butter and red wine reduction $20.49

Veal Osso Buco slow roasted and served with Risotto Milanese $22.49

zachnlucy said:
From allearsnet.com re Fantasmic:

Mama Melrose $28.99 adult/$10.99 child (3-9) not including admission, tax, and gratuity. Your choice of one wood-fired flatbread to share from Mama's rustic on-stage kitchen, as well as family style salad, and choice of entree. Dessert: Mama's signature Fantasmic! Tiramisu. Adult beverages NOT included. Child's meal includes beverage.

From what I've read here, you can choose any entree from the regular menu:

Grilled Chicken Flatbread with sun-dried tomato pesto, pancetta, asiago cheese and fresh chives $12.99

Grilled Pepperoni Flatbread - with bell peppers and sweet onions $11.99

Four Cheese Flatbread with Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Gorgonzola Cheese $11.99

Vine-Ripened Tomato Flatbread with sweet basil pesto and caprino cheese $11.99

Oak Grilled Salmon basted with sun-dried tomato pesto over roasted vegetables $18.49

Wood-grilled Chicken tossed with Pipette pasta with artichokes, peas, roasted red peppers in a basil and four cheese cream sauce $17.19; substitute shrimp for $2.50

Eggplant Napoleon layers eggplant, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes over a warm cannellini bean ragu $15.59

Spicy Italian Sausage with rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with caprino cheese $15.49

Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti $16.49

Penne Alla Vodka with pancetta and sweet onion, finished with tomato basil sauce, cream, vodka and pecorino romano $16.99

Spaghetti Fra Diavolo with clams, calamari, mussels and shrimp, tossed in a spicy Marinara sauce $18.49

Charred Butcher Tender Steak over roasted red pepper polenta, grilled asparagus, with gorgonzola butter and red wine reduction $20.49

Veal Osso Buco slow roasted and served with Risotto Milanese $22.49

Actually they will give you a special 'Fantasmic Package' menu with some entrees on it but not all and you can choose from several desserts, not just Tiramisu.

I ate here last Nov/Dec with the Fantasmic package.

we want to do the FDP during our August trip (8/13-8/20). Can anyone tell me what seating times they offer for the FDP during that timeframe?

I think, but I may be wrong, that tell them you want the FDP, as long as it falls within dinner time you should be okie dokie. I have 4:00 ADR at Hollywood and Vine on 5/1 and the show doesn't start until 8:30

Do you think we (family of 4) would NEED to Fantasmic package the last week of August to get a good seat? We want to eat at 50s Prime Time Cafe and not one of the three choices for the Fantasmic package.

Thank for posting the MM Fantasmic Dinner menu.

I just noticed something about it. It says that "adult beverages are not included." Are they talking about alcohol, or do they mean that I have to pay for my Coke? :confused3

I'm not complaining about paying for a Coke (the rest of the meal would be FREE!), though it would be strange if it wasn't included. :confused3

PixieDust34- I agree. I just our today for our Aug. 18th. I was also told that it didn't include a beverage. I wonder why that it? Anyone have any clue?

At MM, you are ordering off a menu so drinks are a separate charge, unless you are on the dining plan, then it is included. Just like drinks would be extra at California Grill or Kona Cafe or 50's Primetime....unless you are on the dining plan...

At H&V, on the other hand, since its a buffet, the drinks are included.

beattyfamily said:
Actually they will give you a special 'Fantasmic Package' menu with some entrees on it but not all and you can choose from several desserts, not just Tiramisu.

I ate here last Nov/Dec with the Fantasmic package.

Does anyone know what the special 'Fantasmic Package' entrees are?

When I called to make my ADR's for the Fantasmic package I asked the person if there was a special menu for MM for this package or if it was the regular menu. She put me on hold and came back and said there was no special menu - just the regular one.

Was she wrong in telling me this?

flybaby said:
When I called to make my ADR's for the Fantasmic package I asked the person if there was a special menu for MM for this package or if it was the regular menu. She put me on hold and came back and said there was no special menu - just the regular one.

I ate with the package Nov/Dec and there certainly was a special Fantasmic Package menu given to each of us. There were a few entrees to choose from and a few desserts and ONE flatbread and salad to share.

Things change constantly so you never know but CMs have been known to be wrong. YOu can call back 3 times and get 3 different answers.

I made our ADR today for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby,for our upcoming trip in October. My dilemma is that my twin DDs are now 10, and we will have to pay the adult price of 36.99 for their meals. I wouldn't have a problem with this, if my twins would eat filet or salmon, but they will want mac-n-cheese or a hot dog like their little sister(who is 8, and eats for only 10.99!). We really enjoyed the FDP a year ago at the Brown Derby(in July) and my DH especially wants to eat there. Do you think that we really need the FDP to get into Fantasmic without waiting for hours in October? Or should I cancel FDP, and just make a regular ADR. That way my DH and I could have filet, and all three of my girls could order off the children's menu? I would appreciate any input.

Koda said:
Do you think that we really need the FDP to get into Fantasmic without waiting for hours in October? Or should I cancel FDP, and just make a regular ADR. That way my DH and I could have filet, and all three of my girls could order off the children's menu? I would appreciate any input.

My thought is that if Fantasmic isn't an absolute must do for your family you could play it by ear and see how the line is and how everyone feels that day. In the past we've always done the FDP but this year I was thinking of just winging it. I feel like we've gotten lucky with no rain outs and we'd rather try a non-FDP restaurant the next trip. With the 48 hour cancellation policy you'd be spending at least twice as much on dinner and still not truly be guaranteed to see Fantasmic with the package rather than without.

Yvonne

flybaby said:

Unless it's just changed she's wrong. The Fantasmic menu has about as many entrees and from what it sounds like the portions are smaller. People who have eaten there talk about huge portions but for us on the FDP the portions were equivalent or less than olive garden. There was 1 fish dish, 1 steak dish, a number of pastas including some combos, chicken parm, etc. They won't substitute either. You get the field greens with gorgonzola cheese and a choice of 3 flatbreads at least 2 of which also had gorgonzola cheese. Everything seemed to be precooked and premade rather than made to order at least in the way things tasted (not good). The dessert options were also limited to I believe 3 things--tiramisu, cheesecake, or ice cream.

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter