Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

I'm going to DL for the first time this October. From everything I've read, Fantasmic is not performed during the week in the fall. Every source also says to avoid DL on Saturdays and Sundays as the parks are much more crowded. Is it likely they will show Fantasmic during the week or on Friday despite there being a party? Do they show it during the parties?Showing Fantasmic on only Saturday and Sundays isn't good for those wanting to avoid the weekend crowds.

No Fantasmic is not done during the parties.

I thought it was Friday-Sunday though?

Keep in mind Sunday 10/25 is a party night if that's the week you were going.

I still don't seem to be able to book for Fantasmic dining during the weekend 4th October. Anyone else managed it? I've been checking since it hit 60 days. What time does it count the 60 days from? 8am PCT?

unpatiently waiting for release of dinner res/park hours for October :tilt:

does the BB package still include the 'seat cushion'?

I know they have benches for accessible viewing for WoC. No idea if the same for Fantasmic. If so, is there accessible seating (non WC) such as a bench in the area designated for BB package?

unpatiently waiting for release of dinner res/park hours for October :tilt:

does the BB package still include the 'seat cushion'?

I know they have benches for accessible viewing for WoC. No idea if the same for Fantasmic. If so, is there accessible seating (non WC) such as a bench in the area designated for BB package?

At our 7/6/15 rez, they DID provide the seat cusion. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your other question. :blush:

I watched Fantasmic August 10th with a dining package and this was my experience.
We checked in about 10 minutes early for 6:00 BB Fantasmic Dinner asking for a waterside table. Dinner was delicious – loved the chocolate cake. We got the last 2 cushions that night as the restaurant ran out of them. 8:15 I asked a CM where the Priority Dining seating lined up. There was not a queue as people were already being let into the area. Diners entered with the Blue FP people in front of the HM and were told to keep to the left when we got to a split in the roped off area. No one even looked at tickets when we got to this divide and they were never collected. I guess they assume blue FP holders will stay to the right as instructed. Riverbelle and Blue Bayou diners were together. The area was about ½ full when we arrived and we sat in a center location about 4 rows back from the rail. The view was great. Only felt a slight mist. The area was totally full by show time but not what I would consider crowded. We stayed for Fireworks and enjoyed the new projections. It was a good view of the high fireworks but they felt off-center without a view of the castle.

For the fantasmic package can you go anytime during the day or are there set hours? I would prefer to go around 12 for lunch.

Does this happen often? I'd be bummed to not have anything to cushion sitting on the ground.
This is the first I have heard it happen. The waitress said when she seated us she would get our cushions right away as the stock was low. When she came back to take our order she had the cushions and said they were the last two. I did not see too many cushions in the seating area but it is impossible to know who ate at BB and who at RBT. There were families with blankets and other things to sit on.

That is GREAT for you! Stinks for any others after you, though. If I was doing the BB package, I would be super bummed if my "extra" ran out. Don't they mention a Fantasmic! souvenir specifically as part of the BB package, vs. the RBT?

I hope it's not a trend...

We had the BB F! Pkg on August 12th. Reservation was at 5:50. We asked for waterside and waited for about 30 minutes. The cushions were waiting for us on our seats. Dinner was good, but it must have happened during a server shift change. We felt forgotten and had to ask a few times for a drink refill.

We found a CM around a quarter to 8 who directed us to Harbor Galley. The line was already quite long and stretched to Hungry Bear. This line was for dinner packages and blue section seating. The line started to move at 8, but it was slow, with many people line jumping in the confusion. We discovered that most were blue section folks. We were able to nab front rail seating. Incredible view of F!. Fireworks were fine. Hoping to get a different perspective tonight.

Wish they would have kept the dessert pkg. I understand the change, but now I have to decide if these cushions are worth packing. They really served no purpose. Doubt we will use them at home. I bet the area hotels have an entire room full of abandoned cushions.

Anyone know if the crocodile is operating these days? Seeing Fantasmic Sunday 9/13. He's me been operating when I've seen it before

How quickly do the fast passes normally go in October? The schedule isn't out yet so I can't fully plan what strategy to use for our trip. I looked at the dining packages and I am a very picky eater and don't like anything on these menus. I considered the dessert package but it doesn't look like they still offer this? And Fantasmic tends to only be on the weekend in Oct so if this is the case we need to add a day onto our tickets and go the day we arrive. We don't land until 3pm so it would likely be 5pm before we get to the park. Not sure if this will be too late.

I will be making a mad dash to the Fantamsic fastpass machines the second I set foot in Disneyland for the first time. The park opens at 10 our first day (Oct 11) and we have to check in at 10:15 for the Welcome to Disneyland Tour, so Mom will be hanging at the front of the park while I secure Fantasmic fastpasses. I've read that the machines are about half-way down the Big Thunder Trail, near the Big Thunder Ranch. Is the location where I have the arrow pointing on this map? Is it best to approach from the left of Thunder Mountain or from Fantasyland? My hunch is from the left of Thunder Mountain as it seems like that would be less crowded.

A second question- are you able to return later and get a Fastpass for the second showing? I assume you have to exit the viewing area after the first show even if you hold a fastpass for the second show in the same location and rejoin the line. The rest of our Disney days will be during the week and so no Fantasmic; we may want to see it twice the first night.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    881.3 KB · Views: 11
I believe your location is right (or close to it). I remember it being back that way. Definitely go through frontierland (left of BTMRR).

I have no idea if you can get one for both shows (I think not), but you could go to the standby area for the 2nd if nothing else. You also could book a dining package for one of them and get a regular FP for the other.

So there is only 1 show of Fantasmic during the week we are visiting (Oct 18-25) on the 24th- there are a lot of Halloween parties during this period, I'm guessing this is why? Will there only be fireworks on this night also? Just trying to figure out how do all of the nighttime entertainment - I know there will be fireworks at the Halloween party, but different than the regular, correct? I currently have a BB reso for 4:30 (we don't mind early dinner) but I'm wondering if it's possible to watch Fantasmic and then get to the hub to watch fireworks, or if I should change it to a later dinner and then do late Fantasmic- where do the fireworks fit in this mix? Thanks so much in advance :)

I believe your location is right (or close to it). I remember it being back that way. Definitely go through frontierland (left of BTMRR).

I have no idea if you can get one for both shows (I think not), but you could go to the standby area for the 2nd if nothing else. You also could book a dining package for one of them and get a regular FP for the other.

Thank you. I've looked into the packages and we're not interested in eating at any of those restaurants. The list of restaurants we really want to eat at matches up exactly with the number of dinners we have in the park. Well, I can just go to the machine after the tour and see if it spits out a fp for the second show or not!

Thank you. I've looked into the packages and we're not interested in eating at any of those restaurants. The list of restaurants we really want to eat at matches up exactly with the number of dinners we have in the park. Well, I can just go to the machine after the tour and see if it spits out a fp for the second show or not!

It will not work, so you can save your time/energy. You can only get one FP for fan per day. You can get a second if you do a dining package, as stated, or by watching from standby. If you want to watch it twice in one night my suggestion would be to FP the first show, watch fireworks from the area, then quickly make your way over to harbor galley where the standby line starts. If you're there within 5 minutes from the end of FW you shouldn't have a problem getting a decent spot along the rail as center as possible

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter