FAQ for Disneyland Brides

I recently heard that DL starts booking dates at 18 months out. I thought it was a year, but supposedly this a recent change and are now booking further advance. I have to say I dont mind. With my wedding being 2 1/2 years away id like to start planning a soon as I can.

It all depends on what you want for your wedding. You have basic minimums you have to hit: 10,000 for weekday weddings, 12000 friday-sunday weddings. All food and beverage MUST come from Disney but that's it. More than likely you won't have much trouble meeting that with your food and ceremony location fee. I am planning on using an outside photographer, dj, and possibly florist. For in park there is a higher minimum for Disneyland at 100,000. They do not quote minimums for DCA & you inquire to that on your own. They say the average cost for a Wedding ins 26,000 right now. You can definatly do less than that at Disney.

Thank you very much for the info. LOL...I was adding everything up yesterday and we easily exceeded the minimum.

I recently heard that DL starts booking dates at 18 months out. I thought it was a year, but supposedly this a recent change and are now booking further advance. I have to say I dont mind. With my wedding being 2 1/2 years away id like to start planning a soon as I can.

This is a possibility. I know that many brides have been able to tenatively book their dates at 18months. However, due to DVC construction, being able to book at 18 mo wold make sense.

Oh, hi everyone!

I just had to pop in and re-live wedding planning at the DLR. Things have changed and some things have stayed the same!

Best of luck to everyone! Please post pictures when you can!

If I can say, I had my wedding on a Monday at 2pm. We were able to get the before 2 pm pricing because we were the only wedding for the day. (but that was 8 years ago). My guests loved having reasons for not going to work on a Monday, so it worked out.

On the first page of this thread, someone posted pictures of their wedding, in one photo it shows an aisle runner and it reads "And they lived Happliy Ever After". I would love to know where you got your aisle runner from? I love it!!!!

I also found one at http://www.signatureweddingaislerunners.com/phrases.html

I am not sure if that is where Disney Floral went, and it looks a little different, but it is less than $ 250. :thumbsup2

Since the guests of Disneyland Brides have less hotels to choose from within Disneyland did any of you block rooms at offsite hotels? I am sending my save the dates out this week and would like to have room blocks set up shortly after. And did most of your guests stay on site or did they stay off property? Thanks for any help you can all offer me! :)

Val,
Almost all of my guests stayed offsite. We provided them with a list of the nearby hotels and indicated the ones that we recommended the most. Many of our guests stayed at the Dessert Inn and Suites because they accommodate more people in their rooms and were much cheaper than Disney's hotels. This worked well for my moms family as they were able to get some of their rooms near each other. They just called and asked for their rooms to be grouped together.

Others stayed at HoJo and requested their rooms to be near eachother. As with any request no guarantees about room location, but all requests were accommodatd for most.

Val,
Almost all of my guests stayed offsite. We provided them with a list of the nearby hotels and indicated the ones that we recommended the most. Many of our guests stayed at the Dessert Inn and Suites because they accommodate more people in their rooms and were much cheaper than Disney's hotels. This worked well for my moms family as they were able to get some of their rooms near each other. They just called and asked for their rooms to be grouped together.

Others stayed at HoJo and requested their rooms to be near eachother. As with any request no guarantees about room location, but all requests were accommodatd for most.

Thank you for responding so quickly! I usually stay on site so the thought really didn't occur to me until someone mentioned it.

The family members that made it a vacation stayed onsite. The rest stayed with relatives! Some may have stayed offsite, too, though...

The family members that made it a vacation stayed onsite. The rest stayed with relatives! Some may have stayed offsite, too, though...

Thank you!! It sounds like most of the family is turning it into a vacation. I don't know why I'm worrying really. They've all booked hotels before. Maybe I'll just help those that ask and the others can fend for themselves. ;)

Good Morning ladies, I wanted to ask you all a quick question. I've been trying to get a hold of a wedding coordinator at Disneyland for the past week. My mom called Tuesday morning and was told someone should return her call within 24hrs. She called Wed. afternoon and was told the same thing, my mom then tells the lady that it has been 24hrs. The lady then tells her that her message will be fwd., She called again on Thur. and Fri. and nobody answered. Well it's now Sat. and nobody ever called back. This is very discouraging and I'm starting to have doubts that I even should have it there. I was just wondering, have any of you had this experience?

Well, I do recall that I was spoken to within a day or two of my original call. However, currently planning my wedding things do take a little while to get responded to. Please, don't give up. Everyone is extremely nice there once you get a hold of someone. But, Disneyland is not as big with the weddings as WDW so while you hear these girls get helped almost instantly it does take us a while. Have you filled out their info. request on the website? You get an email with some info. but that I remember took a few weeks. I have never called and been able to immediatly speak with my WM just leave a message and she gets back to me.

About a month ago when I was looking at possible locations, I filled out the form online and the next day I received the information I had requested. We live about 40min. away and I was thinking of just going up there next week to see if I can talk to someone if I dont hear anything by Wed.

I tried to request information on the website, but after I fill in my information it wont let me submit. I press the button and nothing happens. Ive tried several times and never got it to work.:confused3

About a month ago when I was looking at possible locations, I filled out the form online and the next day I received the information I had requested. We live about 40min. away and I was thinking of just going up there next week to see if I can talk to someone if I dont hear anything by Wed.

I tried to request information on the website, but after I fill in my information it wont let me submit. I press the button and nothing happens. Ive tried several times and never got it to work.:confused3

Just wondering if you girls were able to talk to someone from DFTW at Disneyland?

Hi,

It's so nice to see that there are some disneyland brides out there!

I was wondering if nebdy knew whether or not you could hold the reception in the Animation building in CA park? I'd heard a rumor but i'd love to find out more info before i get my hopes up

Hi there! This is my first time exploring the DIS boards, so please forgive the late reply, but this is definitely possible! My DH and I had our wedding reception there in March, 2004. It was amazing! There is a higher overall event minimum because it's an in-park event, and there are some additional limitations on outside vendors. We were actually the first couple to do it so it was a bit of a bumpy process as FTW figured out the logistics. It was SO worth it though!!!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give you all the link to my planning journal. We'll be getting married in May of next year so feel free to go on the thread and say hey.

Good Morning ladies, I wanted to ask you all a quick question. I've been trying to get a hold of a wedding coordinator at Disneyland for the past week. My mom called Tuesday morning and was told someone should return her call within 24hrs. She called Wed. afternoon and was told the same thing, my mom then tells the lady that it has been 24hrs. The lady then tells her that her message will be fwd., She called again on Thur. and Fri. and nobody answered. Well it's now Sat. and nobody ever called back. This is very discouraging and I'm starting to have doubts that I even should have it there. I was just wondering, have any of you had this experience?

GO there. Don't take "we'll call you" for an answer. They really are very nice and helpful. Even if they are busy and can't see you then, you can look around, check out their books and get a "feel" for the place and make an appointment. My daughter and I just walked in and spoke to someone. They were wonderful. Just go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter