FINAL DETAILS UPDATED! -Character Swap-

I am going to hold off on mailing mine out . . . I found some cool apple eyelets (and ordered them). I am going to add them onto one of my squares (that I am still not happy with!!?? Maybe this little apple eyelet will do it for me!

Ok ladies, I made a BIG BOO-BOO. I have frames (group A) and box n tags (group B). Instead of making (2) frames I made (2) tags and (1) frame- they are both for Piglet. If knowone doesn't mine could I just leave it that way or if it is a problem please PM to let me know. I'm so sorry about this. I'm so use to doing 2 tags and didn't THINK. That what I get for trying to get this done while I was on vac.......:)

Is there a size preference for the photo mats? I'm working on a trial one and it fits 4 x 6 pics, but it's looking pretty big with the matting and all. Is 5 x 7 too big?

Thanks for your help.

Jeanne

4x6 is good as I think most peoples pictures come that way- if you want to do 3 x 5 thats okay to :) if you wnt to do 5 x 7 I say go for it

And the 2 tags/fame thing is okay by me
-em

Good morning!

I've had a few paper issues on my photo mats, so I feel like I'm kinda in the boo-boo boat here. I bought paper (out-of-town, of course), and sure enough, I had two mats that were messed up before I got finished. So I'm going to have to send in two mats that are the same, but smaller as all I know to do is cut them down in size a little. :sad2: The store where I got the paper is two hours away, and I've learned my lesson now that I should have bought at least double what I needed to work with. It has taken me so long to get these finished, and I really don't want to start over unless I have to. Is that okay? I think it will leave 2 photo mats 3 X 5", and the rest 4 X 6". FWIW, I can just have those sent back to me in my things for the swap, then everyone will get 4 X 6's.

I've really had a lot of fun doing this swap. I hope ya'll enjoy my version of Lilo.

I don't mind getting a 3x5 - that way you can get a 4x6 as well. I can't wait to see them!

Mine will go postal tomorrow..yipeee!!! :Pinkbounc I am just working on the last few eyelets then off they go!
Now I have to get my GS swap stuff going! Much easier as there are only 10 of us!!
Franne

HI, I am bagging my stuff and I only count 23 people in group A, but Em I don't see you there. Could it be you left yourself out?? :confused3
This makes it really easy because everyone is in both groups :) :teeth:
Franne

I'm there I was just wrapped on the title and not seperate... Its all good now :)

Yeah it is very nice this round as itll be just 24 both groups :)

-em

Yay!!!!

I'm finished with all my swap things! :cool1:

I'm going to send these off today (probably this afternoon), so Em I'm hoping you will have them by Friday or Saturday.

Wow! It feels good to finally be done and have that feeling of accomplishment! This is my first swap, but I can tell already that it can really get to be addicting! LOL!!!

Now, I've got to make 16 centerpieces for a Junior/Senior night party for my highschoolers. No more scrapping for me this week. :sad2:

Mine went out this morning. :cool1:
Emily, I put Raven's Everything Else swap stuff in the bag too so they can go back to the person who made them. I never did receive anything from her :(
Now I can say a big WHEW! :banana: I"M DONE!!!
Franne

I'm packing up my baggies as we speak, and I'm finding that the tags are getting caught on the photo mats in the bags. So I'm wondering how much weight would it add to the whole thing if I put my tags in a snack size baggie together, then inside the larger baggie with the photo mats? I know that sounds like overkill, but I want to make sure they get to everyone in one piece, and we all know how the mail can be (no offense to USPS employees :) ). I want to make sure everything stays put where it's supposed to be, and the adhesives should hold fine. I'll have to go buy a box of snack size baggies to do this with, but the peace of mind I'll get from using them may be priceless!

Anybody have any input? I don't want to put everything over the weight limit.

Edited to add...I just called the Post Office, and I was told the $3.85 is for up to one pound. How close does it (all the swap things in one envelope) ever come close to that weight? Anybody know?

No idea but I know we've been just fine in the 5+ swaps Ive done and some of them I think it was magic getting them all in ;)

If worse comes to worse I can group several in one bag(gie) to reduce some weight but I'm not even thinkin that to be an issue-

Do whatever gives you piece of mind- I also found if I have lots that dont "bulk" well Ill add a small piece of cardboard in the envelope to give it strength against accidental bending

-em

Sweet Maxine - you can do a "flat rate" mailing for priority mail and it's still only $3.85 (or is it $3.95?). You just pick up the special mailer and fill it up and send it out. Anything that fits in is $3.85 to send.

You don't have to worry about the weight of a flat rate envelope. What ever you can get inside and closed safely is still the same rate :)
Franne

I was told the flat rate was $3.85 when you used the cardboard envelope - no weight limit. I had trouble fitting the borders in the bags so I used a mylar bag instead. (I do NOT recommend this!) I was told the mylar was $3.85 for under a pound, but was only $3.95 up to 2 pounds.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter