Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

Not sure if this was discussed, as I haven't kept up on this...

I just received a promotional/solicitation email from DVC regarding the cabins. The footnote says:

Proposed accommodations for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – a new Disney Vacation Club® Resort are under construction and projected to open Summer 2024. Images shown include model rooms and artist renderings. Fixtures and furnishings are subject to change. Membership requires purchasing a deeded ownership interest at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort that expires January 31, 2075, which is typically priced at $22,700 to $60,100 (subject to change).

I guess they are pricing this from $227/pt ($22,700 for minimum master contract size of 100 points)?
I did the same math - I guess minimum contract is 100 points. I thought when they were selling VGF minimum for a new purchase was 150? And blue card would come with 150. Maybe blue card limit is being lowered?

2075! Wow. Doing some math and I don't think I'm gonna make it!

Also, what's the speculation on how they are gonna fit 6 people in a one bedroom? Two queens in the main bedroom then two additional spots in the living area? And are we thinking one bathroom? Yikes.

Also, what's the speculation on how they are gonna fit 6 people in a one bedroom? Two queens in the main bedroom then two additional spots in the living area? And are we thinking one bathroom? Yikes.
There are bunks in the bedroom. Which I feel Is a little deceptive as there were several
Places (including Disney’s own announcement) that said sleeps 6 adults. But I guess My kid has been a “Disney adult” since he was 10 so…

There is a queen bed and two bunk beds in the master, plus the queen murphy bed in the living room. The new rendering with the email shows the master bedroom view with the bunk beds.

No washer dryer is a deal breaker.
Yup - same for me. And is there a full kitchen? Or just a small cooktop with microwave? Who am I kidding - I'm never going to buy direct anyway. As a Cdn I need to add approx. 40% to the price for the exchange rate. Will be interesting to see the acutal units when they are in place.

Yup - same for me. And is there a full kitchen? Or just a small cooktop with microwave? Who am I kidding - I'm never going to buy direct anyway. As a Cdn I need to add approx. 40% to the price for the exchange rate. Will be interesting to see the acutal units when they are in place.
From the website:

All-New Cabins with Modern Comforts

Find tranquility in your private one-bedroom cabin, complete with many comforts of home.
Set amid the beauty of the great outdoors, each cabin sleeps up to 6, and some can even accommodate dogs. All offer a restful retreat with charming touches and many conveniences.
Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, convection/microwave oven and 2 countertop burners. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand.
Each morning you can draw the curtains back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows and your own personal patio deck, where you can bask in the glories of nature while firing up the charcoal grill and dining al fresco.
With everything available to you, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort provides a fresh, elevated take on the cabin experience—and decades of magical vacations to come.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...864538|381750842&cid=PDM821575&bid=1248487107

I wouldn't put much thought into $22,700. Vdh had the same $22,700 in an email when it opened in September but it started selling at $230. There are other emails alluding to same $22,700 implying for resorts like Riviera, and that starts at $217. I believe $227 is the figure Disney uses for average direct price so FW price could be anything but I'd bet no higher than Riviera.

From the website:

Find tranquility in your private one-bedroom cabin, complete with many comforts of home.
Set amid the beauty of the great outdoors, each cabin sleeps up to 6, and some can even accommodate dogs. All offer a restful retreat with charming touches and many conveniences.
Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, convection/microwave oven and 2 countertop burners. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand.
Each morning you can draw the curtains back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows and your own personal patio deck, where you can bask in the glories of nature while firing up the charcoal grill and dining al fresco.
With everything available to you, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort provides a fresh, elevated take on the cabin experience—and decades of magical vacations to come.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/dvc-cabins-at-fort-wilderness?CMP=EMC-1904864538|381750842&cid=PDM821575&bid=1248487107
So no real oven, just a microwave/convection combo. Not sure if I can bake in that (not that I do now, but the option is there in a one bedroom or larger).

Wow! Looks like a total money-grab from DVC! There are no improvements to the pool, laundry or addition of a quick-service restaurant/store. As excited as we were initially about this, it’s a hard pass from us …… regardless what the point chart looks like.

I wouldn't put much thought into $22,700. Vdh had the same $22,700 in an email when it opened in September but it started selling at $230. There are other emails alluding to same $22,700 implying for resorts like Riviera, and that starts at $217. I believe $227 is the figure Disney uses for average direct price so FW price could be anything but I'd bet no higher than Riviera.
Also, since this is a new condo group, it will probably have the resale restrictions like Riviera.

No washer dryer isn't a deal breaker for me. We like the existing cabins and they work well for us. It would have been nice to have but these rooms are tiny, like theyll feel noticeably smaller than a Jambo value one bedroom. There's just no where to easily squeeze a w/d, although maybe they could have put a combo unit instead of the second vanity.

From the website:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/dvc-cabins-at-fort-wilderness?CMP=EMC-1904864538|381750842&cid=PDM821575&bid=1248487107
The bedroom and exterior concept art on here look more appealing than others we've seen. Will be interesting to see the final product.

Would love to see the points chart. Looks like a total money grab unless the points per night are affordable. This sounds worse in nearly every way than an OKW one bedroom or SSR one bedroom, so I hope it is priced lower than those but I fear it will be more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter